Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:48:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Everlasting Covenant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Everlasting Covenant  (Read 733 times)
Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »

“For this is My blood of the new testament” (Mat 25:28; Mark 14:24). “This cup is the new testament in My blood” (Luke 22:20; 1 Cor 11:25).

The “new testament” and “the new covenant” (Heb 8:13; 12:24), which is “the everlasting covenant” (Heb 13:20), are all one and the self-same agreement made between the Father and the Son—from eternity past, as shown below:

THE EVERLASTING COVENANT

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that Great Shepherd of the sheep, through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen (Heb. 13:20, 21).

The Everlasting Covenant is neither between God and the Church, nor God and Israel, nor God and the Gentiles.  Rather, it is between the party of the first part, "the God of peace," and the party of the second part, the "Lord Jesus."

The conditions of this covenant were that if the Great Shepherd would lay down His life for the sheep, the Father would raise Him from among the dead.  "And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross." "But God raised Him from the dead ...."  He was "raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father" (Phil. 2:8; Acts 13:30; Rom. 6:4).

The Everlasting Covenant was ratified in eternity past, and fulfilled at the resurrection. It is a new covenant in respect to TIME (Calvary), and it is new in respect to KIND, i.e., between God the Father and God the Son. It is the fulfillment of Galatians 3:20: "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."
-MJS/WithChrist.org

I’ve posted this material as a matter of introduction with the hope that it will interest the reader to pursue it in its entirety and, if pursued, will reveal information of which I am certain will be the first encounter for most. It is my humble suspicion that many, if not most, are unprepared to find much use from its yield and therefore, I also hope that the reader will not allow it be a discouraging but encouraging element: http://withchrist.org/MJS/twonew.htm

For Truth’s Sake
Your Brother Bob
NetChaplain

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the