Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Reality Series on TV for Married Couples
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Reality Series on TV for Married Couples  (Read 4101 times)
venitamehalic

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:13:32 AM »

We always thought that topics about intimacy on marriage should be discussed on close doors, but a pastor from Grapevine Texas takes marriage counseling to the next level by hosting a reality series on television that talks about how couples rekindle their intimacy leading to stronger marriage bond. What more could you ask from this pastor. I'm excited for this series. How about you? Share us your opinion on this series. God Bless.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

We always thought that topics about intimacy on marriage should be discussed on close doors, but a pastor from Grapevine Texas takes marriage counseling to the next level by hosting a reality series on television that talks about how couples rekindle their intimacy leading to stronger marriage bond. What more could you ask from this pastor. I'm excited for this series. How about you? Share us your opinion on this series. God Bless.

I see this is your first post, so welcome. It appears that this same issue is on the minds of several new users. A thread is already started in "General Discussions". If this television series is about sex, I would disagree with it. I would be of the conservative variety and say to keep it behind closed doors if the subject is sex.

grandma dolittle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »

I know I am a couple month behind here, but I also wanted to comment on these reality tv shows or sitcoms  in general.  When my youngest son was about 4 years old, he loved the 911 show on tv. It was a reality show. we took him to a firestation and they gave him a tour. I talked to a paramedic and he said he hated that show as they only showed the "good" outcomes, not the ones they lost. It gave kids a  false sense of being able to live through anything.

Reality tv to me are not true reality.... only what they want you to see.  True reality is life and how you live it. If your heart does not belongs to Christ, reality tv telling you how to be intimate will not save  your marriage. I cannot believe a true minister of Christ would be on a tv show talking about something that is a very private thing between the couple.  Beware of "false teachers" who will promate Satan's theology as he does on sitcoms that promote homosexuality and living witout marriage as a a person's right.

grandma

1 John 4:4   Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »

I know I am a couple month behind here, but I also wanted to comment on these reality tv shows or sitcoms  in general.  When my youngest son was about 4 years old, he loved the 911 show on tv. It was a reality show. we took him to a firestation and they gave him a tour. I talked to a paramedic and he said he hated that show as they only showed the "good" outcomes, not the ones they lost. It gave kids a  false sense of being able to live through anything.

Reality tv to me are not true reality.... only what they want you to see.  True reality is life and how you live it. If your heart does not belongs to Christ, reality tv telling you how to be intimate will not save  your marriage. I cannot believe a true minister of Christ would be on a tv show talking about something that is a very private thing between the couple.  Beware of "false teachers" who will promate Satan's theology as he does on sitcoms that promote homosexuality and living witout marriage as a a person's right.

grandma

AMEN! Many such supposed pastors have been focusing on the physical for quite sometime instead of focusing on the spiritual.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »

Another Amen - nice post Grandma Doolittle.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the