Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Glorious Liberty!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glorious Liberty!  (Read 569 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »

Glorious Liberty!
From Timeless Grace Gems
James Smith, 1842

"The glorious liberty of the children of God!" Romans 8:21

The spiritual mind is like a bird shut up in a cage--while enclosed in a diseased corruptible body; like a bird with a clog on the wing--while burdened with a body of sin and death. We cannot do the things that we would. We can do nothing as we would. We long, pant, and pray for liberty. The valley of death leads us to the plains of freedom. A sick bed is the ante-room of the hall of glory!

Liberty, glorious liberty is before us!

Perfect and entire freedom from all sin--and temptation to sin!

Every corruption will be slain, and completely rooted out of body and soul!

Holiness will enter into the very nature of body and soul!

No dark clouds of ignorance will any more hover over the understanding.

No sinful or selfish principles will any more influence the will.

No corroding guilt will again obtain a place in the conscience.

No unworthy objects will be presented, or have power to captivate any of the affections.

No profane or forbidden subjects will any more be found in the memory.

Reason will be almost divine, and our judgments correctly informed. "Now we know in part, and prophesy in part--but then shall we know even as also we are known."

We shall be separated completely and forever, from everything that is painful, defiling, or injurious--and united closely and forever to all that is holy, happy, and beneficial.

We shall be one with Christ, one in God; associated, and united in the most glorious and beneficial manner; according to the prayer of our Lord, "I pray for them also who shall believe on me; that they all may be ONE; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you have sent me. And the glory which you gave me--I have given them; that they may be ONE, even as WE are ONE; I in them, and you in me, that they may he made perfect in ONE; and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me. Father, I will that they also whom you have given me--be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me; for you loved me before the foundation of the world!"

Tried believer! What an ocean of glory is here! Adam's paradise was nothing compared to this! All things are yours! God is yours! Heaven is yours! The glory of Jesus is yours! "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him!" 1 Corinthians 2:9

This, all this is before you, freely given to you of God; secured to you by the blood of Jesus, the oath of God, and the pledge of the Spirit. "Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory!" Romans 8:17. Your title is good--though your passage is rough! Your end will be glorious--though your situation at present is painful and distressing. You will soon be delivered from every fear, from every foe, from every impediment, and from evil in every shape and form!

Do not think that your lot is hard; but imagine, if you can, the pangs that must rend the heart, when those who know no such trials or changes, shall hear it said, "Son, remember, that you in your lifetime received your good things; and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted--and you are tormented!"

On wings of faith, mount up, my soul, and rise;
        View your inheritance beyond the skies:
        No heart can think, nor mortal tongue can tell,
        What endless pleasures in those mansions dwell!

Here our Redeemer lives, all bright and glorious,
        O'er sin, and death, and Hell--he reigns victorious.
        One distant glimpse my eager passion fires!
        Jesus! to you my longing soul aspires!

When shall I at your heavenly home arrive?
        When leave this earth--and when begin to live?
        For here my Savior is all bright and glorious,
        O'er sin, and death, and Hell--he reigns victorious!

PUBLIC DOMAIN - Permission is not required to reproduce this material. Feel free to forward this on to your friends.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the