Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:06:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  SAVED ONCE: IT’S SAVED OR WASN’T SAVED! –Netchaplain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAVED ONCE: IT’S SAVED OR WASN’T SAVED! –Netchaplain  (Read 567 times)
Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »

We can be saved only one time, because that’s all it takes and there’s no Scriptural evidence of anyone being saved twice.

We know that to be saved, one must come to Christ, for He said “No one comes to the Father except through Me” (Jhn. 14:6). We also know that it requires the drawing of one to Christ, by the Father, for “No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me draw him” (Jhn. 6:44).

Can anyone who is drawn by the Father, to Christ, refuse to come to Christ? “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me” (Jhn. 6:37). This is, at the least, declaring that all who come to Christ is because of the Father’s drawing, but I believe that it intends that all whom the Father draws “will” come to Christ, because the phrase “gives Me” in v 37 is synonymous with “draw him” in v 44.

Does anyone who comes to Christ for salvation, ever leave Him? “That of all He has given Me I should lose nothing” (Jhn. 6:39). 

One can appear to be in Christ by profession, but a said faith is a dead faith. “But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works” (Jam 2:18).

One can appear to be in Christ by demonstration. “Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness” (Mat 7:23).

Abiding in Christ is the evidence of being in Christ, because if they leave, it shows they never were in Christ, regardless of their profession and demonstration. “They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but [they went out] that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us” (1Jo 2:19).

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:08:09 AM »

Amen! - That sums it up.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:51:59 AM »

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

Thanks my friends in Christ for your encouraging replies.

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life" (1Jhn 5:13).

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the