Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:27:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who`s Disciples Are We?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who`s Disciples Are We?  (Read 3855 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2004, 07:45:10 AM »

Christ Lives! and it is HE that I will follow, not someone who follows Him.

Well said Gracey!

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2004, 07:53:26 AM »

Those who (attempt to) follow Christ are usually called Christians - little Christs.

So should those who follow Paul be little Pauls?    Grin

Grin

Rock crushes pedestals  Wink

pours more soap on Crusaders...er little pauls soapbox  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
The Crusader
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2004, 08:56:07 AM »

Like I said: FOR THOSE THAT HAVE EYES, BUT DO "NOT" SEE...
 I blieve it is a sin, to follow Christ in the flesh.

Have a nice day Grin
Palmoni

To decide NOT to decide IS to decide!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2004, 12:31:33 PM »

Shylynne quoted several passages from MATT--JN where Jesus does indeed tell His followers (the 12 Apostles & other disciples during the 3 1/2 yr ministry) to Follow Him! Please remember that Jesus lived while the Mosaic Law was in full force (until its end around A.D.60's). Jesus observed the Law to the letter! He observed the Sabbath, Eating certain food, Baptism with water, etc. Are WE the Church-Body to copy Him in this? They were to preach & teach "the Gospel of the KINGDOM" (MATT 4:17,23, etc). They were given the KINGDOM Commission (MATT 28, MK 16, LK 24, JN 20, ACTS 1) as their "marching orders". All things pertaining to the KINGDOM Jesus spoke of, was known FROM "the foundation of the world", & was according to prophecy! [NOTE: when U get the chance, look up all the word References to "FROM/SINCE" & "BEFORE" in connection with "the foundation of the world". It will enlighten you as to the "timing" of what God was doing & is now doing in His Plan & Purpose for Israel as well as for the Church-Body]. When anyone says that they will only follow after Jesus Christ and not after any man who follows Him, are they not walking on dangerous ground? Peter, James, John, etc. followed Christ (according to the flesh) who was the promised Messiah-King. Jesus Christ was a minister TO the Circumcision--Israel (Romans 15:Cool. I choose to follow Paul because he is the minister of [the risen] Christ TO the Gentiles (see Romans 15:16;11:13; 1 Tim.2:7; 2 Tim.1:11) thats US, now called the Church-Body). The ministry which Paul received from the Lord was to testify the "Gospel of the Grace of God" (Acts 20:24).  Paul did not Follow Christ according to the Flesh (see 2 Cor.5:15,16), but was LED by the Spirit "knowing nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified"(see 1 Cor.2:2). 20+yrs Paul was given many revelations & visions (see 2 Cor.12:1) by the risen Lord which were never known to any other writer before Paul wrote his 13 Epistles (see Rom.16:25,26 "...KEPT SECRET since the world began, but NOW MADE MANIFEST..."; Eph.3:8,9 Paul was to "preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ and to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the biginning of the world was HID in God..."; Col.1:25-27 "...i was made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given me for you, to fulfill the Word of God; the mystery which HAS BEEN HIDDEN from ages and from generations, but is NOW MADE MANIFEST to His saints, to whom God would MAKE KNOWN what [is] the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles..."; Eph.3:3,5 "by revelation He MADE KNOWN to me the mystery....which in other ages was NOT MADE KNOWN to the sons of men, as it is NOW revealed....".  The things Paul writes to the Church-Body are the commandments of the [risen] Lord (see 1 Cor.14:37; 1 Thess.4:2). So i choose to follow the instructions given to ME (a Gentile, or anyone else  who believes Christ died for them) by the teacher Christ set before me! *** [< PostNote : The Greek Language has 2 ways of writing the personal pronoun "MY"-- Emphatic (Gr. emou, emoi, eme, and a possessive pronoun emos--These 4 words are used by Paul 100+ times in his Letters) & with no emphasis (Gr. mou, moi, me). Examples : Gal.1:11"the gospel preached by me" (emou); 2 Cor.13:3"...ye seek proof of Christ speacking in me" (emoi); Phil.4:9"the things which you have both learned and received, and  heard and seen in me (emoi), [practice]"; 1 Tim.1:15,16"....Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom i am (ego emi - emphasis) chief [or first]. Howbeit, for this cause i obtained mercy, that in me (emoi) first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting"; 2 Tim.1:13"Hold fast the form [or pattern] of sound words which thou has heard from me (emou)...."; 2:2"And the things that thou has heard of me (emou) among many witnesses, the same [things] commit thou to faithful men who shall be able to teach others also"; and finally Gal.2:20"I [have been*] crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ [who] lives in me (emoi); and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the [faithfulness] OF the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself to me (emou)". My understanding of Pauls Epistles is that He is to be the "mouthpiece for the Church-Body". It is Christ speaking THROUGH the Apostle Paul TO us that we are to grow in understanding & knowledge & wisdom. It is ONLY through Paul that we the Church-Body can know what our Doctrine, Duty, & Destiny is!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 01:34:37 PM by Palmoni » Logged

PALMONI [[ If what you believe is not worth dying for, then maybe it's not worth living for. ]]
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2004, 08:14:16 PM »

The ministry which Paul received from the Lord was to testify the "Gospel of the Grace of God" (Acts 20:24).  Paul did not Follow Christ according to the Flesh (see 2 Cor.5:15,16), but was LED by the Spirit "knowing nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified"(see 1 Cor.2:2). 20+yrs Paul was given many revelations & visions (see 2 Cor.12:1) by the risen Lord which were never known to any other writer before Paul wrote his 13 Epistles (see Rom.16:25,26 "...KEPT SECRET since the world began, but NOW MADE MANIFEST..."; Eph.3:8,9 Paul was to "preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ and to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the biginning of the world was HID in God..."; Col.1:25-27 "...i was made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given me for you, to fulfill the Word of God; the mystery which HAS BEEN HIDDEN from ages and from generations, but is NOW MADE MANIFEST to His saints, to whom God would MAKE KNOWN what [is] the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles..."; Eph.3:3,5 "by revelation He MADE KNOWN to me the mystery....which in other ages was NOT MADE KNOWN to the sons of men, as it is NOW revealed....".  The things Paul writes to the Church-Body are the commandments of the [risen] Lord (see 1 Cor.14:37; 1 Thess.4:2). So i choose to follow the instructions given to ME (a Gentile, or anyone else  who believes Christ died for them) by the teacher Christ set before me!. My understanding of Pauls Epistles is that He is to be the "mouthpiece for the Church-Body". It is Christ speaking THROUGH the Apostle Paul TO us that we are to grow in understanding & knowledge & wisdom. It is ONLY through Paul that we the Church-Body can know what our Doctrine, Duty, & Destiny is!!

AAAAAAAAMEN, thank you Palmoni

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2004, 02:20:07 AM »

Well said Gracey!

And Amen to that, Gracey and Shylynne:

Paul never ever substituted himself for the Lord Jesus Christ, and when he said "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" what he was saying in reality was "Be ye MIMETES [imitators] of me, even as I also am [a follower or disciple] Christ" (1 Cor. 11:1).  In other words "Just as I strive with my whole being to be a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, imitate me".

This has now been perverted into another doctrine, and men are calling themselves "followers of Paul".  This is not new.  There were men doing the same thing in Paul's day.  And his sharp rebuke to them was as follows: "For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.  Now this I say, that every one of youo saith, I AM OF PAUL; AND I OF APOLLOS; AND I OF CEPHAS; AND I OF CHRIST. Is Christ divided? WAS PAUL CRUCIFIED FOR YOU? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?... FOR YE ARE YET CARNAL; for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, ARE YE NOT CARNAL, and walk as men? For while one saith, I AM OF PAUL, and another, I am of Apollos; ARE YE NOT CARNAL ?(1 Cor. 1:11-13; 3:3-5).

Those who are claiming to be followers of Paul are still "carnal" -- controlled by the old nature, the "flesh", through which come envy, strife, and division.  Those who are introducing this teaching are bringing division to the Body of Christ, and Paul would rebuke them soundly were he alive today!

The Great Commission of Christ states: "Go ye therefore and TEACH ALL NATIONS, baptizing them ...Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I HAVE COMMANDED YOU" (Matt. 28:19,20).  "Teach all nations" could also be legitimately translated" make DISCIPLES of all nations". SO ALL BELIEVERS ARE TO BE TAUGHT TO BECOME DISCIPLES OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

His apostles were first "disciples", and all who followed Christ in the Gospels were "disciples", and before Christ ascended to His throne on high, He commanded that all believers in the Church age be taught to be HIS DISCIPLES -- HIS FOLLOWERS.

Those who teach that they are disciples of Paul, also often teach others to disobey Christ's command to be baptized by immersion in water upon being saved. This is how Bible truth is perverted.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2004, 08:33:40 AM »

Well said Gracey!

And Amen to that, Gracey and Shylynne:

Paul never ever substituted himself for the Lord Jesus Christ, and when he said "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" what he was saying in reality was "Be ye MIMETES [imitators] of me, even as I also am [a follower or disciple] Christ" (1 Cor. 11:1).  In other words "Just as I strive with my whole being to be a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, imitate me".

This has now been perverted into another doctrine, and men are calling themselves "followers of Paul".  This is not new.  There were men doing the same thing in Paul's day.  And his sharp rebuke to them was as follows: "For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.  Now this I say, that every one of youo saith, I AM OF PAUL; AND I OF APOLLOS; AND I OF CEPHAS; AND I OF CHRIST. Is Christ divided? WAS PAUL CRUCIFIED FOR YOU? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?... FOR YE ARE YET CARNAL; for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, ARE YE NOT CARNAL, and walk as men? For while one saith, I AM OF PAUL, and another, I am of Apollos; ARE YE NOT CARNAL ?(1 Cor. 1:11-13; 3:3-5).

Those who are claiming to be followers of Paul are still "carnal" -- controlled by the old nature, the "flesh", through which come envy, strife, and division.  Those who are introducing this teaching are bringing division to the Body of Christ, and Paul would rebuke them soundly were he alive today!

The Great Commission of Christ states: "Go ye therefore and TEACH ALL NATIONS, baptizing them ...Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I HAVE COMMANDED YOU" (Matt. 28:19,20).  "Teach all nations" could also be legitimately translated" make DISCIPLES of all nations". SO ALL BELIEVERS ARE TO BE TAUGHT TO BECOME DISCIPLES OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

His apostles were first "disciples", and all who followed Christ in the Gospels were "disciples", and before Christ ascended to His throne on high, He commanded that all believers in the Church age be taught to be HIS DISCIPLES -- HIS FOLLOWERS.

Those who teach that they are disciples of Paul, also often teach others to disobey Christ's command to be baptized by immersion in water upon being saved. This is how Bible truth is perverted.

Your wrong Sower. We only have one Lord, and He is Jesus, Paul did NOT die for our sins, Jesus did.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the