Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Eternal Security.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eternal Security.  (Read 35405 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2003, 04:15:59 PM »

OSAS Thats me  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2003, 05:08:32 PM »

Those Oklahoma "howdies" were really missed when the site was down. Thank you for this greeting.
 Your above post contains some good thoughts which I want to study more.

Thank you
Ollie

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

It's nice to hear from you again. I find this to be a very interesting area of study. I have been studying the area of Eternal Salvation for about 2 weeks now and continually find more sources of Scripture. I believe that Assurance of Salvation is important in building up a Christian in Faith.

I'm trying to organize at least two weeks of notes and hope to share some of it here. So far, I'm convinced that bold confidence and assurance of Salvation is not of ourselves, rather of Confidence in Almighty God and complete belief in God's Promises. I give thanks that my beliefs don't rest in myself. I am weak, HE IS STRONG!

Whatever I post, I hope to do so in Christian Love. It's nice to be back with friends.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2003, 05:26:46 PM »

In other words the Holy Spirit is our guarantee that our redemption is complete and that a true Christian can never lose the salvation God has granted them by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. If a true Christian could lose their salvation then God would default on the Holy Spirit. Who for even a moment believes that God will default on the Holy Spirit? This is something that could never happen, therefore our salvation is held secure by God and not by ourselves.

God bless,
Pilgrim

Oklahoma Howdy to Pilgrim,

I am studying almost the same portions of Scriptures over the last couple of weeks. As an old guy, I remember the term "ernest" being used as a non-refundable deposit in buying a house. The indwelling and Seal of The Holy Spirit as an "ernest of our inheritance" as a Child of God is blessed assurance that we have been accepted into the Church which is the Body of Christ.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 05:31:30 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2003, 05:41:19 PM »

I take great comfort that my salvation is assured and to know that I am an heir to the kingdom, sealed by the Holy Spirit.  "Signed, sealed, delivered....I'm His!"
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2003, 09:10:47 PM »

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2003, 07:46:09 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

This is a repost of a message I posted just before the system crash.

I realize that "Once Saved, Always Saved" is a controversial topic among Christians. My opinions on this topic are not intended to anger anyone with a different belief. I don't believe that man can do anything to deserve or earn Salvation. Further, I don't believe that man can do anything, in and of himself, to merit a continuance of Salvation.

Eph 4:30  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The wages of sin is death under the old covenant of law. The Gospel of God's Grace is a new covenant, a Gift of forgiveness of sins through the shed Blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. Those who accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour are free from the bondage and curse of the law. The acceptance of Jesus must be by faith alone through the Grace of God. Man will never deserve this Gift, and man can't purchase this gift by works or righteousness. There is no righteousness in man except through the blood of Jesus Christ. Any sin or evil by a child of God would grieve the Holy Spirit. God's children are exhorted to depart from evil and sin no more. However, man is not capable of living a perfect and Holy life without sin. Any righteousness of man will be as filthy rags APART FROM THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

Living after the flesh is living in unbelief, without Jesus Christ as a personal Saviour. Living in the Spirit is living in Belief with Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. The seal spoken of in Ephesians 4:30 is Grace implanted in the soul of a believer that is an incorruptible and never dying seed. This seed is a claim and adoption of the believer as a child of God. The believer becomes a member of the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST and can never be removed.

Eph 1:13  In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

In man's terms, the "earnest" in Ephesians 1:14 is like a down payment on a house that will not be refunded. In this case, the "earnest" is the Holy Spirit in the heart of the believer. The believer was purchased by the Blood of Jesus through the Grace of God.

2 Corinthians 1:20  For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
2 Corinthians 1:21  Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, [is] God;
2 Corinthians 1:22  Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

A believer does not live with security and assurance because of his or her own actions, works, and righteousness. A believer has merit, security, and assurance only because of the Grace of God, forgiveness of sin, and the Blood of Jesus Christ, the Lord and Saviour. The believer's standing is in the love, power, and care of Christ. The promises of God are unconditional, immutable, and irrevocable.

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2003, 08:01:49 AM »

Hi blackeyedpeas,

Amen! Great post #27

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2003, 08:30:51 AM »

Eternal Life And Salvation:

Selected Verses: John 10:28, Titus 1:2, 1 John 5:13, John 4:14, John 5:24 and supporting comparisons for additional study.

John 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

Romans 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Titus 1:2  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

2 Timothy 1:9  Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
2 Timothy 1:10  But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

1Jo 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the
Son of God.

1Jo 5:10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Joh 20:31  But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 20:30  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
John 20:31  But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Joh 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17  [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:19  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Revelation 7:16  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Revelation 7:17  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Joh 6:35  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed
from death unto life.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 6:40  And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2003, 08:36:05 AM »

Eternal Life and Salvation:

Romans 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Romans 8:33  Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth.
Romans 8:34  Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Romans 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Romans 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Romans 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What happens if a true believer, one who has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, abandons their faith or belief. First, I would find this difficult and a stretch of hypotheticals, but this will be the topic of this post. Does this once true believer still have salvation, or is salvation removed?

This once true believer still has Salvation. The promise was given by God, and the promise was delivered to the believer in the form of the Holy Spirit. The work of Christ was finished on the cross. Romans 8:32-39 clearly states that nothing can separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. This would certainly include the actions or inactions of the individual believer and their beliefs. "Nor height, nor depth," in verse 39 includes a host of positives or negatives regarding the believer.

A person is not saved by their own actions, works, or righteousness. It is also true that a believer can't lose their salvation by their own actions, works, or righteousness. The believer may lose rewards or suffer consequences for their actions, inactions, and beliefs, but loss of salvation will not be one of those consequences. The Power and Promise of God will not be broken. The Power and Promise of the Blood of Jesus Christ will not be broken. The Power and Seal of the Holy Spirit will not be broken. GOD SAID IT, IT'S DONE!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2003, 08:40:11 AM »

2 Timothy 2:10  Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
2 Timothy 2:11  [It is] a faithful saying: For if we be dead with [him], we shall also live with [him]:
2 Timothy 2:12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us:
2 Timothy 2:13  If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

First, it should be obvious that true believers are being addressed with these verses. Our Salvation is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory (verse10). A true believer is crucified with Christ and lives with Christ (verse 11). See quotes from Romans 6:3-11 below. A true believer will live with Christ, as Christ lives, forever (verse 11). If the believer denies God, He will deny the believer (verse 12). What is it that will be denied? Is Salvation denied or revoked? See 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 below for the answer. Reward is denied, NOT SALVATION. Man has no effect on the Truth, Purity, and Promise of God. God cannot lie, and God cannot deny Himself (verse13).

Romans 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Romans 6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
Romans 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Romans 6:7  For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Romans 6:8  Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Romans 6:9  Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Romans 6:10  For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Romans 6:11  Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Corinthians 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Corinthians 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

GOD SAID IT, IT'S DONE!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2003, 09:03:45 AM »

First, I don't know of any person who has gone from being a true believer to total apostasy. As a result, this would represent a stretched hypothetical. For the sake of this conversation, lets say this is possible and has happened. If this has happened, I would think INSANITY would be the cause. This stretched hypothetical would be one of the main arguments for those who theorize "Once Saved, Not Always Saved". Regardless, this is the subject of this post.

Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The believer was saved by a gift from God, a gift that was NOT earned or deserved in any way. The believer's only part is "saved through faith;" and immediately following is, "and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" (verse 8 ) Verse 9 makes it clear that Salvation had nothing to do with the works of the believer, further verifying that the believer did nothing to earn Salvation. Verse 10 is interesting and powerful, especially when you consider, "For we are his workmanship,". This "workmanship" does not refer to sinful man, rather of the new man created in Christ Jesus. (Verse 10) The believer is a new creation, born again in Christ Jesus. Regeneration and sanctification of this new creature is wrought by the Almighty Power of God's Grace in the heart of the believer. It's also interesting to note that the new believer is prepared for good works, again by the Almighty Power of God's Grace. Ephesians 2:8-10 truly explains why Salvation is a gift of God and is wrought by the Almighty Power of God. Man did very little or nothing to obtain this priceless Gift. Man really only has a part in the belief and faith for Salvation. God sent the invitation to believe, and the believer accepted the invitation.

How much knowledge and how much faith is required for a man to believe and receive Salvation? We must remember that the Almighty Power of God's Grace is working in the heart of the believer. We must also remember the pitiful state of sinners when they believe. All of the Bible clearly proves that men have no merit, righteousness, or any other value that would represent ANY payment for the Gift of God's Grace. Salvation is a work started and finished by God, and Salvation is the purpose of God.

Let's try to answer the question of faith. How much faith belongs solely to the sinner when they accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour? Is any of this faith given or strengthened by God? Let's make a comparison before trying to answer this question. When a Christian is said to be built up in the faith, does the Christian do the building? A strong Christian is said to have strong faith. Did this strong Christian build this faith himself, or was the faith a work of God? I'm not making light of the long hours of study or submission to God's will in the building of faith. However we know that Salvation is a Gift of God and not of works. Go back to Ephesians 2:8 and see what words come right before, "and that not of yourselves:". Who gives and builds faith? See Romans 12:3 below.

Rom 12:3  For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

So, what part of Salvation did man earn, deserve, or work for? Isn't it true that man simply accepted an invitation to believe? What does man do to keep his Salvation? Can man be righteous or holy? Is is possible for man to completely abstain from sin? Does a believer perform good works alone, or does the believer receive help, guidance, and support from God? Does the believer keep himself, or has God promised to keep His own? Is there any glory in man, or does all of the glory reside in God? Is Salvation a spiritual accomplishment of man, or is Salvation wholly a Gift by God's Grace? See Ephesians 2:2-7, Romans 6:5, and Romans 3:24-28 below.

Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Ephesians 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Ephesians 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Ephesians 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:6  And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 2:7  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:2-7 really speak for themselves, but I would like to point out a few highlights. Please see Ephesians 2:5 and give special attention to the word, "quickened". Just prior to the moment of belief, we were all dead in sins. After the moment of belief, the new believer is reborn, regenerated, and made alive (quickened) in Christ Jesus. The believer is alive and belongs to Christ. Ephesians 2:6 states the believer will sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Please notice in Ephesians 2:7 that it is still the exceeding riches of God's Grace and kindness shown to the believer through Christ Jesus. This clearly indicates the believer still lacks merit except through Christ Jesus.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2003, 09:09:09 AM »

Rom 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

The unbelievers are dead in sin, but believers are said to have been crucified with Christ and resurrected with Christ. Salvation is a passing from death to life in and through
Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:24  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Romans 3:25  Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Romans 3:26  To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Romans 3:27  Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Romans 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Read Romans 3:24-28 several times to understand just what part man has in Salvation. Justified freely by the Grace of God, Redemption in Christ Jesus, Jesus Christ suffered for the remission of sins, declared righteousness through the blood of Jesus and the forbearance of God, but man must believe in Jesus. However, this is followed up in verses 27 and 28 by saying that justification is not by the law, not by works, without the deeds of the law, but BY THE LAW OF FAITH. So, what is this law of faith? It is a doctrine of belief in the Glory of God and the blood of Jesus. All of the glory must be of God, and nothing of man. All is by God's Grace and nothing of man. So, Salvation is an undeserved gift given to man who believes. The purpose for the gift is God's Purpose, God's Love, and God's Grace.

So, the new believer is born again, regenerated, justified, and in union with Christ. Does the believer keep himself saved. If so, what must he do to keep himself saved. One must keep in mind that part of the promise has already been delivered and IS DONE in the heart of the believer. Is the believer in the protection of his own hand, or is he in THE HAND OF GOD? Must the believer be without sin and blameless to maintain his Salvation? Again, remember that part of the promise has already been delivered. Man may be faithless, but God is always FAITHFULL. God has already given and cannot lie or take away.

A Christian's life on earth is many times spoken of as a race or a fight. Does the Christian fight or persevere alone? Does the Christian run the race or fight the good fight with his own strength? Does the Christian build his own faith? The real question is whether the Christian will ever know whether he is saved or not? YES, the Christian should have 100% assurance in Salvation, simply because of a Promise from God, part of which has already been given. Please see Psalms 121:7-8, 1 Corinthians 1:8-9, Philippians 1:6, 2 Timothy 4:18, Hebrews 13:5, and Jude 1:24-25 Below:

Psalms 121:7  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
Psalms 121:8  The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Quick Note: The Christian does not preserve himself.

1 Corinthians 1:8  Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:9  God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Quick Note: The Christian does not confirm himself, and the Christian will certainly not be blameless. The Christian did not establish fellowship with Jesus Christ. God did and does all of these things.

Phi 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

Quick Note: The Christian is not confident in himself, for a man is not an object of confidence. The assurance in the heart of the believer is in God. The good work begun in the heart of the believer is by God and HE WILL (not might) perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. This assurance is from God. GOD SAID IT, IT'S DONE!

2Ti 4:18  And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Quick Note: This does not mean or imply that the believer will never sin or do an evil work. However, the Lord will deliver the believer and preserve the believer unto his heavenly kingdom. The words are "SHALL" and "WILL" and they refer to the Power and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, not to the power, will, or work of the believer.

Heb 13:5  [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Quick Note: Who is this who promises to never leave or forsake the believer, and what are the conditions?

Jude 1:24  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jude 1:25  To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Here is a portion of the assurance given to the believer. This is much more, more than sufficient for complete assurance of Eternal Salvation. This is not possible through anything that is done or not done by the believer. Whose Power is being exercised to keep the believer from falling and presenting the believer as faultless to HIS GLORY with exceeding joy? The assurance is magnified by Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2003, 09:20:14 AM »

What is Salvation (To Be Saved)?

How can I be Saved and receive Salvation?

Your life in this mortal body will be short, but your soul will live for eternity either in heaven or hell. Those who have received Salvation and accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour will live forever with Jesus in Heaven. Those who reject Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Hell. Almighty God, the Creator of all, is real and He Lives. Almighty God is three Holy Deities in ONE GOD: God, the Father; God, the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, containing the only true account of all creation, both past and future. God does love you, regardless of how many bad things you have done in your life. Because of his Love for you, God sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to be crucified and die on a cross for your sins. Jesus Christ lived on this earth in the form of a man, but He was very God. Jesus Christ was righteous and without sin, yet he was convicted and sentenced to death. Jesus died and was buried, but he arose on the third day. Jesus Christ ascended back to Heaven and HE LIVES, very God. God wants you to accept Him, return His love, and become one of His children. God wants to adopt you and give you an inheritance, but you must believe to accept this Gift._____

If you are unsaved, please read this carefully. Do you many times feel alone in this world and helpless because of the evil you see and experience? Do you feel bad when you do wrong and wonder if there must be something else, other than this world, to enjoy? Do you feel empty and unhappy about yourself and what the future may bring? Answering these and other questions may give you the reasons why you should accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Would you like to experience and enjoy peace, joy, and love this world can't offer? It isn't hard to become a believer and Saved: you can receive Salvation right now, this minute.

1 - I AM A SINNER:  You must understand that you are a sinner. Sin is wrong, as commanded by Almighty God in his Word, the Holy Bible. All men sin and do wrong in the sight of Almighty God. Regardless of how large or small your sins are, you can be forgiven and accepted as a Child of God. (See Scripture Notes 1 below)

2 - I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS AND AROSE FROM THE DEAD AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR:  Almighty God sent his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you, in payment for your sins. The Blood of Jesus Christ will wash away your sins as if they had never happened. Jesus Christ bore suffering and pain on the cross for you, that you can be saved and be forgiven. Jesus Christ arose from the dead and LIVES as the Lord and Saviour to all who will believe and accept him. This is a Gift by God's Grace, a free gift that you didn't earn or deserve. (See Scripture Notes 2 below)

3 - I ASK JESUS CHRIST TO COME INTO MY HEART AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOUR AND FORGIVE MY SINS:  You must trust Jesus Christ and ask him to come into your heart as your personal Lord and Saviour. Ask Jesus Christ to be first in your life and forgive your sins. (See Scripture Notes 3 below)_____

If you believe this with your heart, you will be: baptized with the Holy Spirit, forgiven, indwelt by God, adopted into the family of God, made an heir of God, set apart for God, and much more. There are many wonderful gifts you will be given, all free and undeserved by the Matchless, Loving Grace of God.

I hope this doesn't sound difficult. The words and thoughts must be your words and thoughts from your heart. You must believe in your heart and ask Jesus for Salvation from your heart. Your prayer can be very simple, but your prayer must be from your heart._____

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner not worthy of your Love. Lord Jesus, I believe that you died on the cross for me and I ask you to come into my heart as my Lord and Saviour. Lord Jesus, I ask forgiveness for my sins and ask to follow you as the Lord of my life. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen._____

Scripture Notes 1:

Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Ecc 7:20  For [there is] not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

1Jo 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;_____

Scripture Notes 2:

John 19:16  Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led [him] away.
John 19:17  And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called [the place] of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
John 19:18  Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
John 19:19  And Pilate wrote a title, and put [it] on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

1Pe 2:24  Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast._____

Scripture Notes 3:

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Romans 10:12  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 10:02:13 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2003, 09:34:35 AM »

Brother you get **** and a "BIG" AMEN!!!! Smiley

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2003, 07:28:12 PM »

No 'OBEDIENCE' No Holy Spirit! It is that PLAIN!

The *obedience* you speak of is obedience to the Gospel -- *the OBEDIENCE OF FAITH* (Rom. 16:26).

The Gospel message is believe, repent and receive. An immediate response to this offer of ETERNAL life is the obedience of faith that Christ wants. As a result, we received the GIFT of the Holy Spirit, and the gift of God Himself (1 Jn. 4:15-16)..

I hope you are not being contentious simply for the sake of being contentious.  Anyone who needs Christ must know without the shadow of a doubt that salvation is by grace through FAITH in the Person and finished work of Christ. That is a guarantee of eternal life. Salvation is a Person, and once that Divine Person -- the Holy Spirit -- comes to take up residence, it is for all eternity (Titus 3:4-7).

The sins of believers are dealt with separately (1 Jn. 1:5-10).

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the