Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hi from Texas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Texas  (Read 2999 times)
Kathy

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »

Hi everyone. I am 48 widow of 2 yrs now. My husband was my life at that time. I was a Christian but taking care of him took a lot of my time as a result I allowed my walk to suffer. I am struggling to get back to where I was. I have allowed people and situations to come between me and God. I need to find my way back and it feels like an uphill battle with me slide downhill.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »

Hello Kathy,

Welcome back, and I think that's exactly what God will say to you also. Know that God has never left you and He never will. He will also help you come back if you ask Him to.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

Tom,
Thank you for the welcome and the encouraging words. Funny how you can lose your identity when others are involved and when you are left all alone you begin to wonder who you really are.

Kathy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 01:12:32 AM »

Hello Kathy,

We have a completely different perspective than the world does because of our foundation. When we drift, we can remember our foundation and go back to it:

Ephesians 2:10 KJV  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are a new creation in Christ, and we need to always remember that, especially during times of difficulty.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »

Hi everyone. I am 48 widow of 2 yrs now. My husband was my life at that time. I was a Christian but taking care of him took a lot of my time as a result I allowed my walk to suffer. I am struggling to get back to where I was. I have allowed people and situations to come between me and God. I need to find my way back and it feels like an uphill battle with me slide downhill.

Welcome to Christians Unite. You're way too young to be a widow, but life too often gives us a raw deal. Like you, I've also allowed life and things to get in the way of my fellowship with my Saviour. Yes, it is uphill battle.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 11:55:27 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite. You're way too young to be a widow, but life too often gives us a raw deal. Like you, I've also allowed life and things to get in the way of my fellowship with my Saviour. Yes, it is uphill battle.

I have to agree with you on being too young. I believe there was a purpose that my husband was taken from me and I live every day without really knowing if he truly made his heart right with God. Being sedated, on a ventilator and not able to communicate other then nodding his head. He indicated that he was ready to make his heart right. Even though we didn't speak of it, I did notice a difference in the way he talked. I don't think I heard a curse word come out of his mouth. I just don't know and live with that everyday not knowing where he is at right now. Heaven or hell. 
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »

Tom,

I believe(from my experience) that every time we slip and move away from God it becomes harder to get back. That is just from my experience.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

Tom,

I believe(from my experience) that every time we slip and move away from God it becomes harder to get back. That is just from my experience.

Hello Kathy,

I agree. There's the importance of our daily relationship with God and knowing:

Romans 8:24-28  For in hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?  25  But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  26  And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;  27  and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the