Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  He Ever Lives!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: He Ever Lives!  (Read 588 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »

He Ever Lives!
From Timeless Grace Gems
James Smith, 1855

"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he ever lives to intercede for them!" Hebrews 7:25

He died for our sins, and rose again for our justification. He ascended to Heaven to plead our cause with his Father, and he ever lives at the right hand of the Majesty on high. This is a most delightful fact. It is full of comfort. It should often engage our minds. It should fill us with peace and joy.

"He ever lives," and while he lives — he LOVES his redeemed people. He cannot but love his people. They are part of himself. They are dearer to his heart than all other created objects. He lives to love them, and he loves to live for them. He loves them every moment. He loves them with a love . . .
        as vast as infinity,
        stronger than death,
        as changeless as his nature,
        and as lasting as eternity.

"He ever lives." And while he lives — he CARES for us. His thoughts are filled with his people's concerns. He cares for them all — and for all that concerns them. His care is incessant. It is . . .
        a father's care, for his beloved family;
        a husband's care, for his chosen bride;
        a shepherd's care, for his valued flock.

He cares for their bodies. He cares for their souls. He lives to care for them, and will care for them while he lives.

"He ever lives," and while he lives — he WATCHES over us. His eye is ever upon us. Nothing can divert it from us. He never loses sight of one of his people for a moment.

No refiner ever watched his gold, during the process of purification, with such interest.

No mother ever watched over a sick child with such tender affection.

No husband ever watched over the desire of his eyes, in the article of death, with half such affection or concern, as Jesus watches over his people.

His eyes are upon the righteous, and his ears are open to their cries. He watches over them for good, to preserve, sanctify, and bless them.

"He ever lives," and while he lives — he PROVIDES for us. He knows our needs. He is well acquainted with all our circumstances. He is intensely interested in our welfare. He has the resources of time and eternity at his command. He is pledged to supply us. He never forgets his promises. He will not forfeit his Word. Our supplies are certain, for he lives to provide them, to impart them, and to bless them. Blessed thought! Jesus lives as Jehovah Jireh, as our constant, kind, and careful provider!

"He ever lives" and while he lives — he LISTENS to us. His ear and his heart are always open.

He hears . . .
        the softest sigh,
        the most suppressed groan, and
        the silent breathings of the soul.

He catches every desire.

He knows every wish.

He bows to hear every prayer.

He loves to hear us call upon his name, and tell out our trials, troubles, and temptations unto him. Nothing delights him more, than to hear us pour out our hearts before him, plead his precious promises, and ask him in faith for the blessings we need.

"He ever lives" and while he lives — he INTERCEDES for us. This is his present employment. He uses all his influence for us. He pleads his precious blood — his perfect righteousness — his relationship to his Father — and the promises made to him in the everlasting covenant. What a mercy is this, that when our hearts are hard, our affections cold, and our spirits straitened — Jesus pleads for us. Yes, at this very moment, while the eye is passing over these lines — Jesus is presenting his nail-pierced hands, his opened side, and his thorn-crowned brow — for us!

In life, and all its trials;
        in death, and its unknown sufferings;
        in health, and its pleasures;
        in sickness, with its weakness and pains;
        in prosperity, with its allurements; and
        in adversity, with its temptations —
        Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us!

Precious pleader! I would put my entire cause into your hand, and leave all my affairs with you.

"He ever lives," and therefore we shall LIVE. His own words are, "Because I live — you shall live also" (John 14:19). He has united us with himself. We are really one with him. He is our life. He lives in us, and we live by him. Nothing can ever separate us from him. He is the vine — and we the branches. He is the head — and we are the members of his body. He has identified himself with us — and our concerns with his.

"He ever lives," and therefore we shall be JUSTIFIED. "Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, yes rather, who is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us" (Romans 8:34).

Dying — he put away our sins.

Rising — he secured our release.

As Advocate — he carries our cause.

The sin he atoned for, is pardoned.

The righteousness he wrought, is imputed.

The people he represents, are justified.

Those justified by his obedience, are safe.

"He ever lives," and therefore we shall be SAVED. "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! (Romans 5:10 ).

His death procured our release.

His resurrection, procured our justification.

His admission to Heaven, procured our acceptance with the Father.

His life of intercession secures our endless salvation.

He says of us, "They shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand!" His heart is set upon their salvation, and nothing short of this will ever satisfy him. He travailed in death for us — he rejoiced in our new creation — he is pledged to be ever with us — and he will keep us unto his eternal kingdom and glory. "He shall see of the travail of his soul, and be satisfied." He will present us to his Father at last, and say, "Here am I, Father, and the children which you have given me, not one of them is lost!"

Does Jesus ever live?

Then let your faith be strong.

Believe his Word.

Confide in his faithfulness.

Expect his blessing.

Look for his glorious appearing.

Wait patiently his time.

Does Jesus ever live? Then let your HOPE be lively. His Word is true. His heart is kind. His mercy is everlasting. His promises shall be fulfilled. Expect him . . .
        to do as he has promised;
        to give as you need;
        to answer your prayers;
        to guide you by his counsel, and
        afterward receive you to glory.

Does Jesus ever live? Then let your COURAGE live. Hear him speak to his servant John, "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hell!" (Revelation 1:17-18 ).

"He ever lives;" think of this truth!

In seasons of sorrow, it will console you;
        under bereavements, it will support you;
        in the prospect of death, it will animate you.

PUBLIC DOMAIN - Permission is not required to reproduce this material. Feel free to forward this on to your friends.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the