Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  School stuff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School stuff  (Read 1163 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2004, 09:19:22 PM »

I don’t know what I want to do! I need pray that God leads me to the major he wants me to have. Ever since I was a Child, I’ve been known to change Interests from time to time (yes, I do have ADD). But I want God to lead me into a major with a career I will always enjoy. Right now, I’m considering a Professorship, but there are so many topics that would be cool to teach, I don‘t know what I want to do! Ask God to help me out in getting a good major!

Also, pray that whichever major I decide, there will be a counselor waiting for me. I’ve seen some of my friend get stuck with Counselors who don’t care, while others are with guys who take a personal interest in mentoring them! Pray for the latter!

Side prayer, I broke up with Ally a little bit ago, and it really has me down. After 9-10 months, you get used to coming home and calling someone and talking to them about life and love. Your arms get so used to holding her until you feel like they are made for the specific propose. This isn’t the end of the world, and I’m not one of these wack-jobs who is going to go cut his arm or go anorexic or kill my self, but just because I’m dealing with it in a health normal way doesn’t mean I don’t hurt. I’m feeling a lot better then I was at first, but now I’m just feeling a little on the nostalgic side.

One last thing, MAJOR test tomorrow, pray God recalls all the things I learned.

Thanks.

Love,
Chris

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 10:12:02 PM »

Mr. Tibs - It would be against the law for me to put "school" and "prayer" in the same utterance.  Grin

Seriously - don't rush it - your passion in life will become evident soon enough.  Just don't get a liberal arts degree unless you LIKE selling burgers.  I'm praying, little brother!

As for your love life, (or new lack of one?), I didn't get married until I was 27.  That would be 21 loooooong years back.  Don't rush that either!  Although - I do know how painful love (and the lack of it) can be.
Praying for you in that aspect, also.  Keep looking up!
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 10:16:35 PM »

Sorry your hurting tibby  Cry  Grandmas dont like kids to hurt.  

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 11:22:06 PM »

Thanks guys. It means a lot to me.

I will not rush things, JN. Unless I find an awsome major and girl at the same time tomorrow. Grin you never know with God. I keep telling my self "Today is the day." But ,I keep in mind, God has it all taken care of. He has it all planned out. Raising up my future wife and major as friend and church I will pastor, he knows what he is doing. He has set the path for countless lifes before, if he wasn't an expert when he started, he is now. Grin Ever sence I was a small child, I just knew there would be a d-r before my name, so whatever God has planned out, he'd better slap down that idea, or give me something I will like to study for the next 7-10 years of my life.

Thank you Reda. I'll be fine, I think. I just miss her. Cry And the fact that her "new best friend" is a male doesn't really help things. Se la vie, I guess.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 12:36:19 AM »

I don’t know what I want to do! I need pray that God leads me to the major he wants me to have. Ever since I was a Child, I’ve been known to change Interests from time to time (yes, I do have ADD). But I want God to lead me into a major with a career I will always enjoy. Right now, I’m considering a Professorship, but there are so many topics that would be cool to teach, I don‘t know what I want to do! Ask God to help me out in getting a good major!

Also, pray that whichever major I decide, there will be a counselor waiting for me. I’ve seen some of my friend get stuck with Counselors who don’t care, while others are with guys who take a personal interest in mentoring them! Pray for the latter!

Side prayer, I broke up with Ally a little bit ago, and it really has me down. After 9-10 months, you get used to coming home and calling someone and talking to them about life and love. Your arms get so used to holding her until you feel like they are made for the specific propose. This isn’t the end of the world, and I’m not one of these wack-jobs who is going to go cut his arm or go anorexic or kill my self, but just because I’m dealing with it in a health normal way doesn’t mean I don’t hurt. I’m feeling a lot better then I was at first, but now I’m just feeling a little on the nostalgic side.

Thanks.

Love,
Chris

Father, I just lift up Chris in the name of Your son Jesus.  I ask you Father to send your angels to Chris right now and throughout the day tomorrow especially during the time he is taking his test.  Give him Your memory tomorrow Lord God.  Just cause him to remember all the things he's learned.  Give him abundant confidence, Lord.  Give him a good night's rest, Father, so that he wakes up refreshed and ready to go.  Protect him and keep him safe.  Let him feel  Your love and YOUR arms around him, right now.  Just bless him, Father.  Thank you Father for answering this prayer.  Amen.

So sorry to hear about what you're going through  Cry.  I'm huggin' ya spiritually - real tight.  You WILL make it through all this.  I know it's hard.

Father, I pray that you would send Chris a mentor who just takes a real interest in him personally.  One who will guide and direct him into that major and subsequent career he will always love.  Send that counselor to Chris soon, Lord God.  Oh, and God, sent him the lady you have chosen for him --- tomorrow, Lord, yes tomorrow  Wink.

Peace and love,

cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 06:33:49 AM »

Father, I just lift up Chris in the name of Your son Jesus.  I ask you Father to send your angels to Chris right now and throughout the day tomorrow especially during the time he is taking his test.  Give him Your memory tomorrow Lord God.  Just cause him to remember all the things he's learned.  Give him abundant confidence, Lord.  Give him a good night's rest, Father, so that he wakes up refreshed and ready to go.  Protect him and keep him safe.  Let him feel  Your love and YOUR arms around him, right now.  Just bless him, Father.  Thank you Father for answering this prayer.  Amen.

So sorry to hear about what you're going through  .  I'm huggin' ya spiritually - real tight.  You WILL make it through all this.  I know it's hard.

Father, I pray that you would send Chris a mentor who just takes a real interest in him personally.  One who will guide and direct him into that major and subsequent career he will always love.  Send that counselor to Chris soon, Lord God.  Oh, and God, sent him the lady you have chosen for him --- tomorrow, Lord, yes tomorrow  .

Peace and love,

cris

AMEN!

Dr Tibby!  I guess that does kinda roll off the tongue  Cheesy   I feel your pain Bro.   I'm 37 and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up   Grin   Take heart friend.  God guides us many times even though we don't realize it.  My mom used to tell me, life is kind of like needle point.  From Gods perspective (top), everything is nice and neat and the picture is beautiful.  From our perspective (under) we see all the loose strings and stragly ends, and the picture is not easy to make out.  Sometimes, we just have to take steps by faith, keeping our eyes on the Lord.   I will keep you in prayer that God will guide your steps and help you make the choices he has for you.

I will also be praying for that someone special God has in mind for you.   I know that twice in my life, I thought I was with the one I would marry.     But God had someone better for me.  She is more than anything I could have ever hoped for in a wife.   You've already said you know God has it all under control, so you know what I mean.  I just wanted to reafirm that for you.

Now, go take that test....We got you covered in prayer even though you are still sleeping (texas time)  Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 07:52:57 AM »

Tibby,

While going through my prayer list this morning, praying for you in particular, I feel a strong presence of the Lord.   I'm not always moved to tears in prayer (and I'm not trying to make a big deal out of nothing here), but I really believe God is doing, or is going to do something special in your life friend.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 09:21:29 AM »

Thanks for the prayer, Cris and Tim. And the word you gave in the last post, aswell. It touched my heart.

Dr. Tibby Grin If I became a Prof, I would be one of those who walks into class the first day and says "Hi, I'm Dr. Thibodeaux, you can call me that, or Chris, or Tibby, or whatever you want, as long as  it isn't 'that jurk.'" Grin

Thanks everyone. Your words mean a lot to be.

Love,
Chris

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 01:21:53 PM »

Oh, dear! It is so frustrating to not know what your "purpose" is, but God knows, and He does all things well. Praying.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 01:43:10 AM »

Wow-the thing that strikes me is that I'd already been praying for a couple of these, Tib! God works in mysterious ways. Of course I'll keep on praying. It is a blessing and a privilege to do so.

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 01:15:44 PM »

Thanks.

Love,
Chris

How'd it go yesterday, Tibby?  The test!

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 07:42:58 PM »

Willow- Totally. I don’t mind drifting, I just like to be drifting TOWARD SOMETHING! Grin

Whitehorse- The Bishop always says “When the lord sings a song, he sings it all over” ;)That being the case, keep up the praying

As for the test, I don’t want to talk about it!!! lol, everyone agrees it is one of those tests you just can’t get a good feel for. It is like, you honestly do not have a clue how the grades will turn out. I hope I did ok! I might get the answer tomorrow. Pray that if I didn't pass, the Scantorn machine messed up and gave me a 20 point lead! Or that everyone does bad and we all get a 20 point curve. Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the