Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Strength for the Day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strength for the Day  (Read 512 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:12:39 PM »

Strength for the Day
From Timeless Grace Gems
James Smith, 1859

"As your days - so shall your strength be." Deuteronomy 33:25

The future - who can tell what will be in the future? Our days are numbered - but we know not their number. Our days are appointed - but we know not their character. Nor would it be good for us to know. We know something better - for we know that our heavenly Father has made full, suitable, and sufficient provision for us; to enable us to meet, endure, and honorably pass through all the days of our appointed time.

Let me never look into the future - but through God's Word; and then, I shall not be unduly elated by the prospect of prosperity, nor unduly depressed by the prospect of adversity. Every day I shall have God with me. Every day I shall have the throne of grace near me. Every day the promise will belong to me, "As your days - so shall your strength be."

The future is here ANTICIPATED. "As your days," your future days. What will be the character of those days, or how many of them there will be - I know not. Whether they will be dark or light - wet or dry - foggy or clear - hot or cold - long or short - I am not informed; but I am assured of sufficient strength.

In the future -

I shall meet with days of conflict - when the enemy will thrust sorely at me.

I shall meet with days of disappointment - when lover and friend will stand far from me.

I shall meet with days of pain - when much patience will be required.

I shall meet with days of depression - when I shall be filled with heaviness, through manifold temptations.

I shall meet with days of bereavement - when the Lord will take away the desire of my eyes with a stroke.

But for every day - the strength promised me will be sufficient.

My working days may be many - and my resting days but few; my days of pain may be long - and my days of pleasure may be short; but long or short, working or resting - as my days - so will my strength be.

The future is here PROVIDED for. "As your days - so shall your strength be." It shall be sufficient for the day - be the day what it may. It is wisely apportioned, each will have enough, with none to spare. It is to be daily given, we shall not have tomorrow's strength either to use or squander today. As we must wait until tomorrow, for tomorrow's troubles; so must we wait also for tomorrow's strength.

The promise that ensures us suitable and sufficient strength for all future days, is made by one who knows all that will happen, he cannot be taken by surprise, nor can anything occur which he has not known long before. Not only so - but the promise is made by one who loves us dearly. Loves us - but who shall describe, who can suitably represent his love!

It is infinite love - and cannot be comprehended!

It is eternal love - and cannot be measured!

It is unchangeable love - and cannot be diverted from its objects!

It is sovereign love - and was fixed on them without anything in them to attract or draw it toward them!

It is Divine love -
        deeper than a father's love;
        more tender than a mother's love;
        stronger than a husband's love.

This Divine love is . . .
        a fire that cannot be quenched,
        an ocean that cannot be exhausted,
        a sun that will never set!

It is also the promise of one who will never leave us, nor forsake us.

O precious promise, of an omnipotent, infinitely wise, loving, and present God!

It is divine, therefore both true and certain. It is tried, and was never known to fail. As, therefore, it is divine and well tried, let us receive it as from God's hand, believe it with all our hearts, and trust it with all the strength of our souls.

Let us then look forward into the future without fear, care, or foreboding. What should we fear - if we have strength given us for anything, for everything? Why should we be anxious or worried - if all is anticipated and provided for by our heavenly Father. Let us rather exercise faith in God, consecrate ourselves to God, and manifest a growing love to the cause of God. And as God is so good, so faithful, and so true - let us direct others to him, encourage them to exercise faith in him, and expect sufficient strength from him.

My soul, I charge you never to forget, or doubt, or disbelieve this precious promise. But as in all times past you have proved it true, go forward expecting to find it true even to the end!

Holy Spirit, as the Remembrancer of the Lord's people, I beseech you to bring this promise to my remembrance, in all seasons of weakness, in all times of trouble, and in the day and hour of temptation. And as the author of faith, I beseech you to work faith in my heart, that I may always cordially believe it, confidently trust it; and plead in faith for its fulfillment, at the throne of grace!

Heavenly Father, I bless you, I praise your glorious name, for this precious promise - help me at all times to look to you to make it good, and may I never dishonor you by doubting either your power, or faithfulness, or love, or care!

Precious Lord Jesus, as all the promises were confirmed by your blood, are deposited in your hand, and are made good through your intercession; enable me to rely on you, walk with you, and openly honor you, by believing always, and under all circumstances, that as my days - so shall my strength be.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the