Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer for Abducted 11 yr old girl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer for Abducted 11 yr old girl  (Read 1361 times)
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2004, 10:18:38 AM »

Sad She was abducted in Sarasota Fla on Sunday Feb 1...It was all caught on Survielllance (?) camera! How sad! The parents are devastated...Lets just keep them in prayer that she is ok & alive & that the Lord will bring her home safely...Sad

Amen

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 04:38:37 PM »

Cry How awful! Let us know how this turns out, if you can!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 10:16:44 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to NateyCakes,

They have excellent news coverage on this case. This little girl has been in my prayers. I pray that the release of the camera footage of the offender may prevent him from doing what he had planned, whatever evil that was to be.

In Christ,
Tom

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 01:18:48 PM »

Thx. Well Willow & Tom, they have a suspect in custody right now! He matches the description pretty good. Right down to the tattoos on his arms and he is a mechanic which shows in the cam that he was in a mechanic outfit & tat's on his forearms. On my AOL they had a pic of him, he looks evil! Sad I know I shouldnt say that, but just his face is frightening!
Lets just bow our heads & PRAY she isnt dead! Please Lord, let her be alive and hopefully he will tell the police where she is!! My prayers are with her & family!!!
((**Lord, we lift this little girl up to you Father, Please Lord make her ok and unharmed....All in your hands savior! In your precious Precious name, AMEN**))

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 08:56:33 PM »

AMEN NateyCakes.

The last news indicates the suspect is not cooperating with the police at all. I was a police officer for 25 years, and I know this is not a good sign. I'm hoping his lack of cooperation simply involves him thinking he can get away with it. All we can do is pray she is still OK and will be found quickly.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 08:29:18 AM »

Luke 18:16

16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
KJV
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 08:41:51 AM »

So they did find her body... Cry

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 09:08:29 AM »

Cry Cry Cry (Taken from AOL news this morning 2-6-04)
SARASOTA, Fla. (Feb. 6) - The body of an 11-year-old girl whose abduction was captured by a surveillance camera has been found in a church parking lot and a mechanic has been charged with her murder, officials said Friday.

Sarasota County Sheriff Bill Balkwill refused to say where Carlie Brucia's body was found, but a law enforcement source close to the investigation said it was found between 12:45 a.m. and 1 a.m. Friday outside a church not far from the car wash where she was taken.

''Our prayers on behalf of everybody here in Sarasota County go out to the family,'' Balkwill said.

He said Joseph P. Smith, 37, has been charged with her murder. He is believed to be the tattooed man in a mechanic's shirt who was seen in a car wash surveillance video leading Carlie away by the arm Sunday evening, authorities said.

Investigators found the body after negotiations with Smith, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Earlier, authorities had said he was not cooperating.

''We now stand ready to complete our obligation, and assure you that he will pay the ultimate price for what he did to her,'' Capt. Jeff Bell said.

Family and friends had kept vigil outside Carlie's ranch-style house which was decorated with banners and posters reading, ''We love you, Carlie.''

Carlie was described by friends as a beautiful girl who loved actress Jennifer Lopez, going to the mall and hanging out. The youngster was known for greeting friends with warm hugs. She was heading home from a slumber party when she was abducted.

Carlie's friend Natalie Thomas cried after hearing that her classmate's body was found. She remembered Carlie's smile and that she liked to go on walks.

Carlie's family had gone into seclusion Friday and was unavailable for comment.

''There's nothing you can do to make anybody feel better and it's going to hurt for a long, long time,'' said Chuck Chambers, a private investigator who was working with the family.
''I need my daughter home,'' Carlie's mother, Susan Schorpen, had said Thursday. ''She's a very, very important part of this family and community.''

Members of her former Girl Scout troop took a day off from school Wednesday to pass out fliers at shopping centers, canvass neighborhoods and distribute pink ribbons adorned with Carlie's name.

A reward fund of $50,000 was offered for information.

Smith has been arrested at least 13 times in Florida since 1993, according to state records and convicted of drug possession and other charges. He was arrested in 1997 in Manatee County on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges, but was acquitted a year later.

An aide to Smith's public defender, Adam Tebrugge, had declined to comment Thursday.

Carlie was walking home from a friend's house at about 6:20 p.m. Sunday when she took a short cut behind Evie's Car Wash, which was closed for the day.

Car wash owner Mike Evanoff said he checked the security system video Monday after bloodhounds led deputies to the business. The images of Carlie popped up almost immediately when he turned on the system, he said.

''It was cold chills right up my back,'' Evanoff said earlier this week. ''My manager couldn't even look at it. It's an awful feeling.''

SadSadSadSadSad

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 09:42:02 AM »

All we can do is remember the family, friends, and police officers in our prayers. It is a pain-filled nightmare that never goes away. There will be a lot more pain in the trial.

Dear Heavenly Father, we ask that you give comfort and peace to the family and friends of Carlie Brucia. Father, they have broken hearts and needs that only You can provide for. Father, we ask for guidance and wisdom for the investigators, officers, and courts in bringing her murderer to justice. Father, we pray that Your will be done. We ask these things in the precious Name of Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.  Amen.

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 09:55:54 AM »

:(TY Tom for your wonderful prayer....I know I didnt know this girl personally, but Ive been taking it hard. As u said, we need to just pray and hopefully the family will get thru this....

With Toms prayer, AMEN!!!

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 09:32:42 AM »

Amen!

I too am experiencing heart felt pain over this.  I cannot begin to imagine what these parents are going through.  My daughter is the same age as Carlie.   May God ease their suffering during this time of loss.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2004, 11:39:51 AM »

Dear Heavenly Father, we ask that you give comfort and peace to the family and friends of Carlie Brucia. Father, they have broken hearts and needs that only You can provide for. Father, we ask for guidance and wisdom for the investigators, officers, and courts in bringing her murderer to justice. Father, we pray that Your will be done. We ask these things in the precious Name of Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.  Amen.
Amen!  Cry This is a story of great sorrow, but I am glad that they have a murder suspect, at least. Dear Carlie, I hope she is with the Lord right now.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the