Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mark them which cause divisions...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mark them which cause divisions...  (Read 7463 times)
The Crusader
« on: February 02, 2004, 05:31:26 AM »

"Now  I beseech  you, brethren,  mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them...Now to Him that is of power to establish you ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL and the preaching of Jesus Christ, ACCORDING TO THE REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began" (Romans 16:17,25).  "For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision whose mouths must be stopped,  who subvert  whole  houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake" (Titus 1:10, 11).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 05:33:53 AM by The Crusader » Logged
Reba
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 10:58:29 AM »

YUP
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 12:11:36 PM »

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 01:06:35 PM »

Yea!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:13:46 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
The Crusader
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 05:29:36 AM »

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom. 16:17).
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 11:40:23 AM »

Those that teach adherence to another doctrine, rather than that of Christ, have nothing to do with them.

And be careful, not to quickly call any man brother, who speaks words which are familiar, but have another meaning.

Test all things, and search the scriptures to see if they be so..

2 Jhn 1
9  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

It is not the will of God, any should be decieved;

Mat 24
4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.

2 Cor 11
13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: Jas 1:19

Blessings,
Petro

Fewarechosen7F

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 02:45:07 AM »

Those that teach adherence to another doctrine, rather than that of Christ, have nothing to do with them.

And be careful, not to quickly call any man brother, who speaks words which are familiar, but have another meaning.

Test all things, and search the scriptures to see if they be so..

2 Jhn 1
9  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

It is not the will of God, any should be decieved;

Mat 24
4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.

2 Cor 11
13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: Jas 1:19

The parable of the tares also describes that the adversary was going to sow unknowingly false Christians into - Yeshua's Church - long before the ripening of the harvest.

Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that every individual test the words of his preacher in the scriptures themselves, especially testing his preacher's words against the quoted words of Yeshua.

Anne
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 07:07:49 PM »

"Now  I beseech  you, brethren,  mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them...Now to Him that is of power to establish you ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL and the preaching of Jesus Christ, ACCORDING TO THE REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began" (Romans 16:17,25).  "For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision whose mouths must be stopped,  who subvert  whole  houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake" (Titus 1:10, 11).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 11:20:55 PM »

"For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision whose mouths must be stopped,  who subvert  whole  houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake" (Titus 1:10, 11).

I've got a question brothers and sisters;
How do we stop those "whose mouths must be stopped"?

Another question also - how do we keep from becoming one "whose mouths must be stopped,"?

Especially of late - sometimes I really feel like I suffer from "Foot-in-mouth" disease.  I know the only way to ward off this dreaded affliction is to keep one’s mouth shut.  How does one (me) know when I should open said mouth and when to keep said mouth shut?  I promise to read any scriptural references you have.

Thanks for your help.
JN
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 10:02:27 AM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 02:23:47 AM »

Another question also - how do we keep from becoming one "whose mouths must be stopped,"?

St James has quite a lot to say about keeping onre's trap shut.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 09:46:30 AM »

I've got a question brothers and sisters;
How do we stop those "whose mouths must be stopped"?

By means of personal opinion here...we don't.  God does.  But that's just opinion mind you.   Smiley

Especially of late - sometimes I really feel like I suffer from "Foot-in-mouth" disease.  I know the only way to ward off this dreaded affliction is to keep one’s mouth shut.  How does one (me) know when I should open said mouth and when to keep said mouth shut?  I promise to read any scriptural references you have.

Thanks for you help.

I think the key in every situation is to listen first, speak second - so long as what is said is in accordance with scripture:

If one gives an answer before he hears,
   it is his folly and shame.

Proverbs 18:13

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

James 1:19-25

This is my biggest problem.  I like to give my opinion before I hear a matter.  I'm quick to speak...not to listen.  I find it interesting as well, how James points out that we must be doers of the word right after he says to be quick to hear.  We must first listen, before we can apply or act.  To do so before hand...we find ourselves in my boat, choking on our kneecaps!  Cheesy  We forget what we are, and act accordingly.  In respect to this problem we face, we speak when we should not.

But there's also the understanding of when to speak, if we are to speak, and what to speak, and how we are to speak as well:

Do not speak in the hearing of a fool,
   for he will despise the good sense of your words.

Proverbs 23:9

Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

Ephesians 4:15-16

Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.

Ephesians 4:25-27

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 4:29-32

When?[/b]

When I have heard the matter.  When I have determined the testimony of the hearer.  Is he a fool?  When I have discerned the truth of my words and the manner in which I am to deliver them.  

If?[/b]

Is he a fool?  Is what I am about to say worthy of the One Who called me?  Is it in agreement with what He has already said?  Is it in love?  Is it to build up?  Is my heart right in saying this, and will it remain so if what I say is not well received?  If not...

What?[/b]

Edifying, Godly truth.

How?[/b]

In love, in edification, without corruption, without malice, and in kind, tenderhearted forgiveness.

Ya know?  When you think about it, we really should listen more, discern before we ever open our mouths or move our fingers over a keyboard.  Because every word we speak will be taken into account.   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 09:52:46 AM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 10:05:43 AM »

Thanks guys.
Keeping all of this in mind - particularly what Mr. St. James has to say - this forum could become a very quiet place!  Grin

Yours in Him -
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 10:57:21 AM »

Thanks guys.
Keeping all of this in mind - particularly what Mr. St. James has to say - this forum could become a very quiet place!  Grin

Yours in Him -
Jim

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

Brother, you are a very kind, gentle, and loving person. The same is true for many sweet Christians here. I certainly agree with the Biblical exhortations for Christian love. However, I would also say there is an opposite side of the coin. There is a Biblical time to reprove, rebuke, and stop. Many examples on both sides of the coin immediately come to mind.

A satan worshiper stands up in your church service and starts to preach his garbage. Do you patiently hear him out and let him finish his message? I would say NO! He should be removed with whatever force is necessary. I'm certainly not saying the men of the church should kill him, but there should be someone willing to remove that evil from a worship service. If the police were called, disturbing a worship service is a fairly serious charge in most places, and it should be.

I think there are many situations like the above where Christians are not instructed by the Bible to remain quiet and tolerate evil. Many times, the circumstances dictate what should be or should not be done. I think we all have a problem with the borderline cases. I also think this should be a matter of regular prayer. There are many times that Christian love is tough love, specifically when you are contending with the devil or the devil's actions. The same would be true with your own family and, most importantly, your own children. It isn't Christian love to quietly give a person up to the devil (i.e. dope, a cult, etc.).

This is obviously a double or triple-edged sword and a very difficult topic for all Christians. I think a lot of it depends on how you define "Love" for a specific situation. I think that all Christians battle with this every day, and they should.

Just 2 cents worth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 11:03:47 AM »

That is a very valuable two cents, Mr. BEP.  Certainly worth more than two small images of Mr. Lincoln.

Thank you for your insight.

I have often wondered how I would react to a "Church invader".  In all honesty - if it ever happened I don't believe I would think at all - just react quickly as guided by the Lord's will, as I'm sure most other men in my church would.

JPD
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 11:31:49 AM »

Tom,

Just a thought to add to your two cents...the old adage fits well here.  "Truth hurts."  Sometimes that's how it is.  There.  Now there's a 4 cent thought!   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the