Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post Chronicle 4-21-2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post Chronicle 4-21-2010  (Read 385 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »

The Foundation

"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." --Thomas Jefferson

The Demo-gogues
Joe Biden channeling Howard Dean

The free market won't stop us: "The powerful, political lobby, the cynical tactics of opponents of reform are not going to stop us from getting this right." --Joe Biden on financial "reform"

Let me help: "Every day we don't act, the same system that led to bailouts remains in place, with the exact same loopholes and the exact same liabilities. And if we don't change what led to the crisis, we'll doom ourselves to repeat it." --Barack Obama, calling for piling on more of the regulations that helped cause the financial meltdown

The BIG Lie: "I, like most of the American people, don't begrudge people success or wealth. That is part of the free-market system." --the Redistributor-in-Chief

Tell them what they want to hear: "Can I just say again Barbara [Boxer] and I are supportive of repealing don't ask, don't tell." --BO at a California fundraiser for Boxer, being "yelled down" by homosexual protesters

Yeah, that's the ticket: "Democrats are for protecting the peoples' interest; Republicans are protecting the special interests." --House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), representative of the trial lawyers, unions, homosexual activists, race baiters, envirofascists, Hollywood loonies, corporate fat cats, etc., etc., etc.
Insight

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat, plausible and wrong." --journalist H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

"Freedom in economic arrangements is itself a component of freedom broadly understood, so economic freedom is an end in itself. ... Economic freedom is also an indispensable means toward the achievement of political freedom." --economist Milton Friedman (1912-2006)

"It's awful hard to get people interested in corruption unless they can get some of it." --humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Upright

"While President Obama assails the culture of greed and recklessness practiced by the men of Goldman Sachs, his administration is infested with them. The White House can no more disown Government Sachs than Da Boss-in-chief can disown Chicago politics." --columnist Michelle Malkin

"President Obama is nothing if not a clever operator. He accepts $994,795 in campaign contributions from Goldman Sachs -- then turns around when it's convenient and uses them as a model for why we need to heavily regulate the financial sector." --columnist Ben Shapiro

"The tea partiers ... recognize, correctly, that the Obama Democrats are trying to permanently enlarge government and increase citizens' dependence on it. And, invoking the language of the Founding Fathers, they believe that this will destroy the culture of independence which has enabled Americans over the past two centuries to make this the most productive and prosperous -- and the most charitably generous -- nation in the world." --political analyst Michael Barone

"When liberals advocate a value-added tax, conservatives should respond: Taxing consumption has merits, so we will consider it -- after the 16th Amendment is repealed. A VAT will be rationalized as necessary to restore fiscal equilibrium. But without ending the income tax, a VAT would be just a gargantuan instrument for further subjugating Americans to government." --columnist George Will

"In years to come -- assuming, for the purposes of argument, there are any years to come -- scholars will look back at President Barack Obama's Nuclear Security Summit and marvel. ... He held a nuclear gabfest in 2010, the biggest meeting of world leaders on American soil since the founding of the United Nations 65 years ago -- and Iran wasn't on the agenda." --columnist Mark Steyn

"Speaking of those huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the Obama administration, led by Sec. Clinton, is pressuring Kenya to adopt abortion on demand. Kenya, like many African states, abhors the destruction of unborn life. Obama and Mrs. Clinton are unwilling to 'interfere' with Iran's internal affairs, but they are most willing to muscle pro-life Kenya." --columnist Ken Blackwell

"Liberals who like [Justice] Stevens' rulings insist he understands the plight of the downtrodden, despite the fact that the nearly 90-year-old justice was born rich and has served on the court for almost 35 years, becoming more liberal as he has become more distant from life as lived by the little guys. Meanwhile, Clarence Thomas was born dirt poor and black in rural Georgia and spends his vacations exploring America in an RV. But those same liberals insist he doesn't understand poverty and race the way Stevens does. How do they know? Because they don't like his rulings." --columnist Jonah Goldberg

Editorial Exegesis

"Rather than protesting the greatest expansion of government in U.S. history, Tea Party attendees should be thanking Big Government for all it's done. At least, that's what President Obama thinks. As the Associated Press reported Thursday, the president said he was 'amused' by the Tea Party faithful gathering in cities across America to protest soaring government spending, ballooning debt and the explosion in taxes that will be needed to pay for it all. 'You would think they'd be saying thank you,' he said. And why should they be thankful? As the president himself said on his weekly radio address a week ago, 'one thing we have not done is raise income taxes on families making less than $250,000; that's another promise we kept.' In fact, that wasn't his promise at all. Here's what candidate Obama really said in September of 2008: 'Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.' Got that? 'Not any of your taxes.' The claim of no tax hikes on those below $250,000 as a result of the current administration's policies is completely and utterly false. A report from the House Ways & Means Committee's GOP members notes that, since January 2009, Congress and the president have enacted $670 billion in tax increases. That's $2,100 for each person in America. At least 14 of those tax hikes, the report says, break Obama's pledge not to raise taxes on those earning less than $250,000. Roughly $316 billion of the tax hikes -- 14 increases in all -- hit middle-class families, the report says." --Investor's Business Daily

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »

Dezinformatsia

Tea Party bashing: "Thursday night I saw a political minstrel show devised for the entertainment of those on the rim of obliviousness and for those engaged in the subterfuge of intolerance. I was not amused." --New York Times columnist Charles Blow on the "abundance of diversity on the stage and a dearth of it in the crowd" at a Tea Party event Thursday

Identity politics: "There aren't a lot of African-American men at these events. Have you ever felt uncomfortable?" --NBC reporter Kelly O'Donnell to Tea Party activist Darryl Postell, who is black -- Postell replied, "No, no, these are my people: Americans."

For and against: "The idea that Barack Obama is un-American, the idea that he does not believe in American exceptionalism is ridiculous. ... They just want to stay on, 'It's un-American. It's unconstitutional. They don't like the Constitution.' And these are loaded words. These are words that are whipping people up with fear." --Salon.com editor Joan Walsh, 4/14/10 ++ Way back in December 2009, however, Walsh sang a different tune: "The climate right now is that Republicans use everything they can to undermine and delegitimize this President. And it's actually un-American. It's traitorous in my opinion. Do you want to give aid and comfort to our enemies?"

Left Loon "Logic": "I did a little bit of research just before this show -- it's on this little napkin here. I looked up the definition of sedition which is conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of the state. And a lot of these statements, especially the ones coming from people like Glenn Beck and to a certain extent Sarah Palin, rub right up close to being seditious." --Time Magazine's Joe Klein

Part II: "Joe's right and I'll name another person, I'll name Rush Limbaugh, who uses this phrase constantly and talks about the Obama administration as a 'regime,' that phrase which has connotations of tyranny." --New York Times Magazine's John Heilemann (Byron York of The Washington Examiner highlights the hypocrisy here.)

If you don't know, don't guess: "I don't know whether he was Republican or Democrat. I'm assuming he was probably a Republican." --MSNBC's Donny Deutsch on Joe Stack, a Leftist who flew his plane into an IRS building in Austin

Remedial science required: "When you think of a volcano, you think of Hawaii and long words like that. You don't think of Iceland. You think it's too cold to have a volcano there." --CNN's Rick Sanchez, who later claimed "I was kidding" (It must be global warming.)

Newspulper Headlines:

They're Now Taxable Under ObamaCare: "The Downside of 'Friends With Benefits'" --CNN.com

We Blame George W. Bush: "Bushmeat Presents Latest Food Scare" --The Wall Street Journal

We Blame Global Warming: "World Warming to U.S. Under Obama, BBC Poll Suggests" --BBC Web site

We Thought Helen Thomas Was Still Alive: "Tomb of Ancient Scribe Unearthed in Egypt" --Associated Press

News You Can Use: "Uncontrollable Laughing Isn't Always Something to Chuckle About" --Daily News

Bottom Stories of the Day: "Media Cheers Obama, Ignores Tea Party Movement" --U.S. News & World Report Web site

(Thanks to The Wall Street Journal's James Taranto)

Village Idiots

Vast, right-wing conspiracy: "The words we use really do matter, because there's this vast echo chamber, and they go across space and they fall on the serious and the delirious alike. They fall on the connected and the unhinged alike. ... By all means keep fighting, by all means, keep arguing. But remember, words have consequences as much as actions do, and what we advocate, commensurate with our position and responsibility, we have to take responsibility for. We owe that to Oklahoma City." --former Prevaricator-in-Chief Bill Clinton on the Tea Party movement and radio talk-show hosts

Hot air: "The people that are propagating this denial of climate change and that are ranting on in this, kind of, you know, fear mongering, you know, they're the people that have to answer to my children for the world that they're propagating and the world that they're essentially creating, which is going to be a very bleak world." --"Avatar" director James Cameron

"You know, and I think that the point that the Chinese are the world leaders in renewable energy technology. Right now, 60 percent of the solar cells are made in China. They're employing, you know, hundreds of thousands of people in the renewable energy sector and they don't need to -- they're a dictatorship, essentially. You know, they don't need to answer to their public. They are doing it for very pragmatic, Machiavellian reasons. You know, why aren't we doing it?" --James Cameron

Not making this up: "Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which consequently increases earthquakes. ... What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes." --senior Iranian cleric Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi (We're not knocking modesty, but this is over the top.)

Short Cuts

"Iceland's volcano eruption last week caused the biggest disruption ever in aviation history throughout Europe. Ash and smoke came roaring out of the Eyjafjallajokull Glacier. The volcano erupted suddenly and spewed Scrabble tiles all over the atmosphere." --comedian Argus Hamilton

"The strongest volcanic eruption in the past 1,000 years is believed to have been Mt. Tamborain Indonesia in April of 1815. According to the Christian Science Monitor: 'The eruption of Mt. Tambora cast a veil of ash around the world, lowering global temperatures by more than 5 degrees Fahrenheit.' The result was the 'year without a summer' in 1816. A couple of decent volcanoes per decade and our global warming problem would appear to be solved. Get me Al Gore on the phone." --political analyst Rich Galen

"When he ran for president, then-Sen. Barack Obama argued that earmarks account for a mere '0.5 percent of the total federal budget,' so eliminating earmarks would not solve the problem. With that attitude, they ought to put up a new Welcome to Washington sign that reads: Prodigo ergo prodigo. I spend, therefore I keep spending." --columnist Debra Saunders

"President Obama turned in his tax return [Thursday]. He didn't owe a lot because he has a lot of dependents: his wife, two daughters, AIG, General Motors, Goldman Sachs." --comedian Jay Leno

(Please pray for our Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world, and for their families -- especially families of those fallen Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who granted their lives in defense of American liberty.)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the