Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:16:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Featured User of the Week
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Featured User of the Week  (Read 7885 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2004, 10:14:55 PM »

I think we should have, a featured user of the week. Or month if week is too frequent. I think we should accept volunteers, especially hilarious or dryly witty ones, to write each "biography," with the content mostly relating to the site itself. Kind of a personality caricature in words.

Or, even make it the CU version of A&E's Biography. But much, much funnier. Do we have any volunteers.....?  Cheesy

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 10:18:12 PM »

...or maybe a jailbird of the week...     Huh
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 10:34:59 PM »

Careful - I have learned the hard way that 'feelings' may be easily hurt... Grin

(But I think it's a cool idea.)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 10:39:13 PM »

JN, true-the featured user would have to want to be featured and it would have to be done right.

Sym, yeah-how about "wanted" posters for our favorite jailbirds?

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 03:17:35 PM »

Careful - I have learned the hard way that 'feelings' may be easily hurt...

If someone's feelings get hurt from someone they don't even know on a message board, then they seriously need to rethink their life.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 05:49:11 PM »

Sapphire - you are truly one of character.  If the truth be known - I had my feelings severly hurt by a post just yesterday.

In fact, I had to get up this morning and, before going to church, edit my reply post because it exposed my "selfish childishness" (which embarassed me to no end) rather than the "character" traits I have learned just recently from you.

God bless,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 06:36:53 PM »

JN, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I know; there are some zingers flying around. I get hit with them too sometimes. You always handle everything so well. I think we could learn a lot from you.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 08:24:59 PM »

I think we should have, a featured user of the week. Or month if week is too frequent. I think we should accept volunteers, especially hilarious or dryly witty ones, to write each "biography," with the content mostly relating to the site itself. Kind of a personality caricature in words.

Or, even make it the CU version of A&E's Biography. But much, much funnier. Do we have any volunteers.....?  Cheesy
I don't get it yet.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 08:40:11 PM »

Could you maybe give us an example, Whitehorse, of how this might work??

Sapph:  If someone's feelings get hurt from someone they don't even know on a message board, then they seriously need to rethink their life.

hehe.   Cool

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 10:28:41 AM »

Whitehorse, that sounds like a cool idea! Hope to hear more of it & examples like Symphony said! SmileySmiley

Symphony, I know what u mean about being hurt by things said even if it is only on a message board...the internet can be a cruel place sometimes I think because many times we take it personal which is nothing wrong with it...That is why I left one forum I used to go on. (That & the ppl were just not "good ppl" to be with)

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
FBI78

One Nation Under God!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 05:25:04 PM »

Whitehorse, that sounds like a cool idea! Hope to hear more of it & examples like Symphony said! SmileySmiley

Symphony, I know what u mean about being hurt by things said even if it is only on a message board...the internet can be a cruel place sometimes I think because many times we take it personal which is nothing wrong with it...That is why I left one forum I used to go on. (That & the ppl were just not "good ppl" to be with)

I agree with you alot ppl do get their feelings hurt on the internet with the forums and stuff but its cause we say things with out heart and soul and when ppl say something mean back it hurts. But then we have to breathe relax and post back with out hurting them so them you are bigger than they are.
  I think having a jail bird of the week would be good.

Cindy and Mike 11/8/97
Desiree 6/12/98
Curtis 9/5/02

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannnot change.. Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 09:59:46 PM »

I agree with you alot ppl do get their feelings hurt on the internet with the forums and stuff but its cause we say things with out heart and soul and when ppl say something mean back it hurts. But then we have to breathe relax and post back with out hurting them so them you are bigger than they are.

I was always in the same school of thought as Sapph on this, but you make a good point. When people open there hearts, and someone shoots them down, it hurts. Whether they are close friends of strangers online. It isn’t that they are hurt, it is like they feel violated, a piece of them was put into the message, and was mocked and scoffed at. I never thought of it that way.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 12:14:22 PM »

Yeah, where I come from teasing is just an expression of affection. Since not everyone has this same experience with it, though, you do have to kind of pick and choose those who enjoy it from those who don't, and those who do are usually the people who do the most teasing. Wink At any rate, I'm thinking like the CU awards. As far as I know, people had fun with those.

But JudgeNot is right-we do have to be careful.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 12:24:37 PM »

Yeah, where I come from teasing is just an expression of affection.

Thats how it is here. I'm starting to think the "women-folk" don't see it that way, but around here, the guys LOVE to pick at them. The classic diologue:

Male: [insert remark here]
Female: Stop it!
Male: You know you like it!

Well, girls are just cute when they are angery Grin Grin Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004, 03:54:41 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the