Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Islamic Invasion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Islamic Invasion  (Read 6578 times)
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2004, 10:31:12 PM »

QUOTE Crusader: Many Christians accept the Muslim claim that we both worship the same God. They claim that they call him Allah, while we call him God. It is not unusual to hear Christian leaders make such statements. Bible societies have even gone so far as to use the name Allah in the Bibles they produce for Arab Christians.

I agree 100% Crusader, AAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!

I fail to see why it is a problem, personally. For arabic-speakers to use their own language in worship....
"God" is not a proper name, but a title, and changes depending on the language. Perhaps for some ex-Muslims it would be inadvisable to use the term "allah" for God, for it might cause them to stumble back into Islam, but for most, I don't see the problem.

Every language's term for God has been used by other religions after all.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
The atheist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2004, 07:25:45 AM »

Posted on: February 15, 2004, 09:13:28 PM  
Quote:
Hmm, how was Mohammed a paedophile?  

Because he took pre-teen female children as wives.

Quote:
You don't seem too embracing towards islam. Why is that?

Because islam misguides followers to convert people or kill them.  (That includes you, good friend.)  

Yes, but that was common practice all around the world at those times, wasn't it?
And also, could i please have a quote from the Q'ran about that please?
Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
And what would be the problem if the Muslim God was the same as the Christian God? How can you be sure that the your God is the true God?
Just wondering...

P.S To any moderators- this is not meant to be rude or anything. i am merely making a point. Please don't take offense.
Thankyou
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2004, 09:08:14 AM »

AMEN for the boldness of you all! Call it what it is. There is only 1 GOD. (Praise The Lord!!) His name is JESUS!! Smiley

I heard on Michael Savage (the redneck radio dude) the other night that in England there are now more weekly attendees to mosques than to the Church of England...
lol on the red neck dude, I do like Savage though! Smiley

AMEN~

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2004, 10:02:51 AM »

Just remember Christians, Allah is NOT the God of the Bible
Muhammad was not God's prophet The Koran doesn't contain the words of God.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 10:07:41 AM »

AMEN!
A4C!
 Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2004, 10:09:31 AM »

The atheist,

I think that you almost set a record for the number of posts deleted on your first visit. You still need to read the rules again.

Islam denies that Jesus Christ is God, and we don't quote books from Islam here. Further, we don't defend or promote cults who deny that Jesus Christ is God.

It really wouldn't matter how polite you are, we don't allow the promotion or defense of alternative lifestyles, immoral behavior, cults who deny that Jesus Christ is God, and we certainly don't allow the mockery of Jesus Christ or the posting of cult material. This is a Christian Family Forum for people of all ages, including children. We don't provide any time or space for Islam, Voodoo, etc.

I can only assume that you knew Christians wouldn't be quoting from the books of Islam. If you didn't, you do now. If you want quotes, they will come from the Holy Bible. After all of the private messages to you about the forum rules and copies of your deleted posts, I really wasn't surprised that you want to debate the forum rules, but they are not subject to debate.

Reba
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2004, 10:28:21 AM »

The atheist,

I think that you almost set a record for the number of posts deleted on your first visit. You still need to read the rules again.

Islam denies that Jesus Christ is God, and we don't quote books from Islam here. Further, we don't defend or promote cults who deny that Jesus Christ is God.

It really wouldn't matter how polite you are, we don't allow the promotion or defense of alternative lifestyles, immoral behavior, cults who deny that Jesus Christ is God, and we certainly don't allow the mockery of Jesus Christ or the posting of cult material. This is a Christian Family Forum for people of all ages, including children. We don't provide any time or space for Islam, Voodoo, etc.

I can only assume that you knew Christians wouldn't be quoting from the books of Islam. If you didn't, you do now. If you want quotes, they will come from the Holy Bible. After all of the private messages to you about the forum rules and copies of your deleted posts, I really wasn't surprised that you want to debate the forum rules, but they are not subject to debate.

Eph 6:13-18

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
KJV

Thanks BEP
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2004, 08:58:40 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

Sister, you are most welcome.

God's children need the armor of God more and more every day. I love the portion of Scripture you quoted. I feel sorry for many children today who are not brought up in the things of the Lord. It appears to have become popular to hunt Christians. Those with the stronger faith will stand and be able to resist the continual attack of the devil.

Sister, I think we all know that the persecution of Christians and attacks by the devil will become more and more frequent. They are trying to shove God out of anything public, and now they are hunting Christians in our private places devoted to worship and fellowship. May God give us the strength, courage, and wisdom to preserve our places of worship and our homes. We will find most of what we need in the diligent study of God's Word.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2004, 08:40:36 PM »

Although I have no evidence to back it up, I always figured "Allah" has the same origin as Elohim Yahweh (El-Yah) and is simply the Arabic version of it.

At the same time, the understanding Muslims have of "Allah" is radically different from the Judeo-Christian understanding of God. Although their name for God may have the same origin as ours, they don't worship the same God that Christians do.

Most importantly, although they admit Jesus was a prophet, they don't accept him as God come in the flesh - the idea is blasphemy to them. One of the most basic concepts of their faith is that there is only one god, Allah. They can't accept the concept of the Trinity and believe Christians worship three gods. Nor do they believe in Jesus' atoning sacrifice for sins. Islam is a works-based religion. Allah weighs ones' good works against the bad, and you can only hope to get to paradise.

In my opinion, Allah also seems to be a powerless god, demanding his followers sacrifice themselves for him. Islam also only seems to be able obtain and retain followers by force - one wonders how many would desert Islam if they had freedom of religion and could do so without fear of retaliation or being arrested. I suspect the Islamists know this and that fear is the primary reason behind the push for Islamic law and anti-conversion laws.

Our God wants people to come to him out of love and gratitude. It would be meaningless to force anyone to become or remain a Christian, as being a Christian is a heart decision and God knows the heart. God is a God of miracles and power, who doesn't need his followers to defend Him and doesn't demand they do so, though many do of their own free choice.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2004, 09:22:31 PM »

At the same time, the understanding Muslims have of "Allah" is radically different from the Judeo-Christian understanding of God. Although their name for God may have the same origin as ours, they don't worship the same God that Christians do.

Most importantly, although they admit Jesus was a prophet, they don't accept him as God come in the flesh - the idea is blasphemy to them. One of the most basic concepts of their faith is that there is only one god, Allah. They can't accept the concept of the Trinity and believe Christians worship three gods. Nor do they believe in Jesus' atoning sacrifice for sins. Islam is a works-based religion. Allah weighs ones' good works against the bad, and you can only hope to get to paradise.

In my opinion, Allah also seems to be a powerless god, demanding his followers sacrifice themselves for him. Islam also only seems to be able obtain and retain followers by force - one wonders how many would desert Islam if they had freedom of religion and could do so without fear of retaliation or being arrested. I suspect the Islamists know this and that fear is the primary reason behind the push for Islamic law and anti-conversion laws.

Rhys,
You and me will get along REAL good!  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2004, 09:24:36 PM »

O BOY  Grin
The Crusader
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2004, 06:47:23 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

Sister, you are most welcome.

God's children need the armor of God more and more every day. I love the portion of Scripture you quoted. I feel sorry for many children today who are not brought up in the things of the Lord. It appears to have become popular to hunt Christians. Those with the stronger faith will stand and be able to resist the continual attack of the devil.

Sister, I think we all know that the persecution of Christians and attacks by the devil will become more and more frequent. They are trying to shove God out of anything public, and now they are hunting Christians in our private places devoted to worship and fellowship. May God give us the strength, courage, and wisdom to preserve our places of worship and our homes. We will find most of what we need in the diligent study of God's Word.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen
contra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 12:08:10 AM »

Our God wants people to come to him out of love and gratitude. It would be meaningless to force anyone to become or remain a Christian, as being a Christian is a heart decision and God knows the heart. God is a God of miracles and power, who doesn't need his followers to defend Him and doesn't demand they do so, though many do of their own free choice.

What about the crusades...

I'm pretty sure the pope spread christianity by force during the crusades...

Just stating the things I am learning in Western Civilization.

Think for yourself...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 01:21:04 AM »

Hello Contra,

I see this is your first post. I sincerely hope you enjoy Christians Unite.

Contra Said:

What about the crusades...

I'm pretty sure the pope spread christianity by force during the crusades...

Just stating the things I am learning in Western Civilization.

Force would get you lip service and outward appearances only. Jesus Christ will accept only those who believe, have faith, confess their sins, and ask HIM to come into their heart as their personal Lord and Saviour. A sword can't accomplish that.

Love In Christ,
Tom

WolfBrother

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2004, 01:54:49 PM »

Contra,

What did the crusades accomplish?

What did the conversion by the sword in Central/South America accomplish?

Was a the joyous welcoming into the fold?  
Or lip service covering imperialism?

WolfBrother
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the