Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  What is Your Hope?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is Your Hope?  (Read 1185 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »

What is Your Hope?
From Timeless Grace Gems
J. C. Ryle

Reader, what is your hope about your soul? Have you any, or have you none? Can you tell me in what way you expect to be accounted righteousness before God?:

Depend upon it, these are very serious questions. You and I are dying men. After death comes the judgment. What is your hope of acquittal in that solemn day? What are we going to plead on our behalf before God?

Shall we say that we have done our duty to God? Shall we say that we have done our duty to our neighbor? Shall we bring forward our prayers, our good works, our morality, our church going, our amendments? Shall we ask to be accepted by God for any of these things?

Which of these things will stand God's eye? Which of them will actually justify you and me? Which of them will carry us clear through judgment, and land us safe in glory?

Absolutely none! Take any commandment of the ten, and let us examine ourselves by it. We have broken it repeatedly. We cannot answer God. Take any of us, and look narrowly into our ways—and we are nothing but sinners. There is but one verdict. We are all guilty—we all ought to die—we all deserve hell. How then can we come before God?

We must come in the Name of Jesus, standing on no other ground, pleading no other plea than this, "Christ died on the cross for the ungodly—and I trust in Him."

Oh, believe me, Christ must be all the hope of everyone who would be justified and saved. You must be content to go to heaven as a beggar—saved by free grace alone—simply as a believer in Jesus—or you will never be saved at all. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast!" Ephesians 2:8-9)

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »

The Holy Spirit is in me, and I am in Christ. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit onto the day of redemption, and NO one can break the seal of God. I am eternally safe and secure in Him, the Author and Finisher of my faith.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »

The Holy Spirit is in me, and I am in Christ. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit onto the day of redemption, and NO one can break the seal of God. I am eternally safe and secure in Him, the Author and Finisher of my faith.

Amen! I give thanks every day that I'm a purchased possession and belong to Jesus Christ for Eternity. Brother, we will spend Eternity together with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. We can be assured that a Great Day of Rejoicing for all Christians grows nearer by the day. All is possible only because of the Love and Matchless Grace of Almighty God, our Heavenly Father.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the