Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The book of Genesis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The book of Genesis  (Read 5410 times)
pleasehim

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »

Chapter one
what was made in the beginning by God?, the heavens and the earth.
John1:1-3,14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. All things were made by him, not one thing in all creation was made without him. And the Word became a human being, full of grace and truth who lived among us. And we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father.
Jeremiah51,15 He made the earth by his power and established it by his wisdom, and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
Colossians1:16-17 By him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities. All things were created through him and for him. He is before all things and it is his power that holds everything together.
Rev4:11 Thou art worthy, o Lord to receive glory and honor and power for thou hast created all things; and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:25:44 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 05:50:00 AM »

the earth became formless, why?
Isaiah 40:13-14 Can anyone tell the Lord what to do? Who can advise the Spirit of the Lord? teaching him the right way.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:53:41 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:54:08 AM »

and god made the first day.
Psalm33:6,9 By the spoken word of the Lord, the heavens were formed and all the galaxies of stars. At his command everything appeared.
Psalm74:16 The Day is the lord's and the night also is his.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:14:21 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:57:43 AM »

he divided the waters the second day
Job37:18 Have you with him spread out the sky, hard as a molten mirror?
Proverbs8:27  I was there when he set the sky in place, when he stretched the horizon across the ocean.
Psalm148:45  Praise him skies above. Praise him water above the sky. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for he issued his command and them came into being.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:34:17 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:02:41 AM »

That was tuesday. so that the dry land will emerge, God gathered the seas into oceans and made to grow on it alll kinds of plants bearing grain and fruit.
Job38:8 Who shut up the sea with doors when it broke forth?
Job26:10 He has set a boundary for the waters.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:54:31 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:07:45 AM »

that was wednesday. he made signs in the sky.
Psalm74:17 You made summer and winter.
Psalm136:7-9 The sun to rule over the day, the moon and the stars to rule by night.
Psalm104:19 He assigned the moon to mark the months and the sun to mark the day.
Psalm148:3 Praise him sun and moon and shining stars.
Psalm8:3-4 When i consider the heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have ordained. What is man that you are mindful of him? the son of man that you care for him?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:09:23 PM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 05:04:34 AM »

On thursday, God commanded the seas to teem with living beings of many kinds and that fowls may fly in the open firmament of heaven.
And God said, "let the earth produce every kind of animal" and it was done. And he approved it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:58:00 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »

Then God said, "let us make human beings like ourselves to be the master of all creation. And God made them man and maid and blessed them saying, "multiply, feel the earth and subdue it. I have provided all kinds of grain and all kinds of fruit with seed in it for you to eat. But for the animals and birds, i have given grass and leafy plants for food." And God was pleased with everything he had made on that friday.
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them.
Psalm100:3  Acknowledge that the Lord is God, it is he who made us and not we ourselves.
Ecclesiastes7:29  God made us upright but each has turned away to follow his own downward road.
Psalm8:5-6  You have made man a little lower than the angels and placed a crown of glory and honor upon his head. You have put him in charge of everything you made, under his authority.
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 08:30:18 AM »

Chapter two

By the seventh day God finished what he had been doing and stopped working. So he blessed the seventh day and allowed it because on it he rested from all his work.
Exodus31:12-17 The Lord said to Moses, "say to the israelites my people to rest on my sabbath day, for the sabbath is a reminder of the covenant between me and you forever. You must keep the day of rest because it is sacred. Whoever does not keep it but works on that day is to be put to death. You have six days in which to do your work, but the seventh day is a solemn day of rest dedicated to me because i the Lord made the heavens and the earth in six day and on the seventh day i stopped working and rested."
Deuteronomy5:15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that i the Lord rescued you by my great power. Therefore i command you to observe and take heed to the sabbath day
Isaiah58:13-14 The Lord says, "if you keep the sabbath holy, not having your own fun and business on that day, but enjoying the sabbath and speaking of it with delight as the Lord's holy day, honoring the Lord in what you do, not following your own desires and pleasure, nor talking idly, then you will find the joy that comes from serving me: i will make you honored all over the world and you will get your full share of the blessings i promised to Jacob yor father.
Hebrews3:7-4:11 Therefore as the Holy Spirit says, "today when you ear is voice do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of temptation in the wilderness, where your fathers tried my patience and tested my forbearance although they had seen what i did for forty years. They are always disloyal and refuse to obey my commands. Accordingly i swore in my wrath that they would never enter the land where i would have given them rest". Take heed brethren lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God but instead, exhort one another daily while it is called today, lest any of you be hardened by the deceifulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ if we old the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. The Scripture says, "today if you hear God's voice speaking to you, do not harden your hearts against him as the people of israel did when they rebelled against him in the desert". Who were they that heard God's voice and yet were rebellious? Was it not all those who left egypt? With whom was God grieved for forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcasses fell in the wilderness? and to whom was God speaking when he swore with an oath that they could never enter the land that he had promised them, but to those who were desobedient? We see then that they were unable to enter the land because they did not believe. Now God has offered us the promise that we may receive that rest he spoke about. Let us take care then that none of you will be found to have failed to receive that promised rest. For to us was the gospel preached as well as to them, but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For only we who believe God do enter that rest in accordance with his declaration that those who did not believe should not enter when he said, as i swore in my wrath, they shall not enter my rest. For somewhere in the Scriptures it is said about the seventh day, "God rested on the seventh day from all his works". This same matter is spoken of again, "they shall not enter my rest", yet the promise remains and some enter it. This is shown by the fact that God sets another day which is caled 'today' after man's first failure to enter. Many years later he spoke of it through David, "if you hear God's voice today do not be stubborn". If Joshua had given the people the rest that God promised, he would not speak later of another day. There remains therefore a sabbath-rest for the people of God. For those who receive that rest which God promised will rest from their own works, just as God rested from his. Let us then strive to enter that rest so that none of us will fall after the same example of unbelief
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:56:02 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »

Chapter two
when God made the universe, there were no plants on the earth and no seed had sprouted, because he had not sent any rain and there was no one to farm the soil. However water welled up from the ground and flowed across the land. And the Lord God formed a man's body from the dust of the ground and breathed in his nostrils the spirit of life and man became a living person. And the Lord God planted a garden Eastward in Eden and there he put the man he had formed. And he made to grow there all kinds of trees with fruits pleasant to the sight and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and bad. A steam flowed in Eden and watered the garden, beyond Eden it divided into four rivers: the Pishon, the gihon, the Tigris, and the Euphrates. Then the lord God placed the man in the garden of Eden to till it and guard it. And the Lord God commanded the man, "you may eat the fruit of any tree in the guarden except he tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad. for if you eat form that tree, you will surely die"
Acts17:26  From Adam god created all races on earth and made them live throughout the whole world.
Esaiah51:3   And the Lord shall comfort Zion and make her deserts blossom. Her barren wilderness will become as beautiful as the guarden of Eden. Joy and gladness will be found there, thanksgiving and lovely songs.
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 06:51:20 AM »

and god made all animals out of the ground and brought them to adam to name them but he was still alone. so he took out one of his ribs when he was deep sleeping and made it into a woman and brought her to the him. "this is it" he exclaimed, part of me.
i want you to understand that christ is supreme over every man, the husban is supreme over his wife and god is supreme over christ. i want you to know and realize that christ is the head of every man. so a man who proclaims the message of god in public worship with his head covered disgraces christ, and any woman who prays with nothing on her head disgrace her husban. a man has no need to cover his head because he is the image and glory of god, but woman reflects the glory of man. for woman was created from man and for the sake of man. she should be subject to the authority of her husban and should have a covering on her head as a token of her submission to authority. she ought to have a symbol of authority on her head because of the angels. however, woman is not independent of man nor is man independent of woman. for as woman was made from man, man is born of woman. Nature teachs you that, long hair on a man is a disgrace. it is a shame to the man but a glory to the woman, for her long hair has been given her as a covering.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »

i want you to understand that christ is supreme over every man, the husban is supreme over his wife and god is supreme over christ.

Jesus Christ is God, so I hope you meant to say something like God The Father is Supreme over God the Son (Jesus Christ). God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit are the Creator - Almighty God - yet ONE - A Triune God - The Holy Trinity.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the