Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:36:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why?  (Read 5797 times)
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »

Most of the time when I click on something that says there is a new reply, I can't find the new reply without searching through the list since nothing is in bold letters, and the new reply is seldom anywhere near the top. All new replies should either be in bold eltters so that they are easy to find, or they should be at the top. I won't spend my time looking through dozens of subjects just to find the new reply since it is rarely at or even near the top, and nothing is in bold letters so that it stands out from the others.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »

Unless there is some problem that I am not aware of and haven't seen as yet, the following should work.

If you're looking at the main page of the forum then the icon next to the forum area should be a different color than the others. If you then click on that specific area all the threads with a new post should reflect the word NEW next to it. All you need to do then is click on the last page of that thread and go to the end of the page and look at the 'Time' the posts were made.

Or you can use the functions at the top of the page titled 'Show unread posts since last visit.' or 'Show new replies to your posts.'

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »

Yeah...not certain there...if I navigate down to a subject it will show the 'new' emblem next to any threads that have new stuff since my last visit.  If you click on the new it takes you to the first new one after your last visit...

Something to consider also is themes, if you are using Firefox or IE8 try going back to default theme, sometimes the skins and such can mess up specialized graphics and links processes.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »

I'm using IE7, although it keeps trying to get me to update to IE8. I was told not to update by someone who knows a lot more about computers than I do. I will look for the word "new". I was just wondering why some new posts are in bold letters and some aren't after I click on the original topic heading. Since the new ones are seldom at the top where they're easier to find, I don't feel like looking fo them. That's one reason why I seldom post.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »

Hello Jon-Marc,

I haven't used Internet Explorer for years, so I have no idea what settings on IE could effect what you can see or don't see. There are also settings in your "profile" on Christians Unite under "layout" and forum settings that control several things that could effect the order you see things in.

I use Firefox, and I do know that you have to have Java enabled on your browser before things will work correctly on nearly all forums. It's been so long since I've used IE that I really couldn't tell you the differences between IE and Firefox. I thought it was faster and more reliable when I switched years ago. Firefox has many features for people with eyesight problems, and that's one of the reasons why I like Firefox so much. I can set the fonts to anything I want and zoom in or out on any web page. It also has thousands of extensions that let you do all kinds of things and many themes to choose from for appearance. I'm using the newest Firefox, and I highly recommend it.

Brother, I wish that I could help you more. The answer could be in your profile or browser settings.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »

Well, now that I know about the word "new" (I had never noticed that), I will look for it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the