Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Zechariah 13: 1 -6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zechariah 13: 1 -6  (Read 1310 times)
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »

Hello guys.
I hope that everyone is doing well and that all of you have had a blessed holiday season.

This evening I have been reading through the passages stated in the subject of this thread. I understand most of this passage; however, from verse four onwards, my understanding of this passage is somewhat woolly. Perhaps this is because the Lord is yet to reveal the true meaning behind this verse, moreover, I am not fully ware of the contextual factors regarding the passage - however, I am sure that there are some out there who understand this passage. If so, please enlighten me (or prepare to be debated with, if I feel there is a complete lack of understanding over this passage)  Grin.

Shalom in Jesus
Gaurav

God = love
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »

Hello Gaurav,

The contextual factors are the restoration of Israel after the Second Coming of Christ and the false prophets who prophesied in His name.

The fountain for cleansing mentioned in verse one is the Cross - Calvary - which the nation of Israel hasn't entered into yet. Israel as a Nation will enter into this cleansing after the Second Coming of Christ and will accept Her Messiah and King this time.

Zechariah 13:1-6 KJV  In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.  2  And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.  3  And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.  4  And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:  5  But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.  6  And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Ref. the wounds in verse six, see 1 Kings 18:28 and Jeremiah 16:6.

I don't know what there might be here to debate. For better context, study Zechariah 12 and 13 together, especially Zechariah 12:10-14. I don't wish to debate this, but I wouldn't mind discussing it. If you tell me what difficulty you're having, I'll try to help.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »

Dear Tom,
often I don't spend the time reading and understanding verses or even chapters in context. I simply found the text difficult to comprehend, as I do with some Messianic Prophecies. I decided to read prior to these verses and suddenly the meanings behind the words became clear (particularly when you take the Hebrew into account).

To that end, I think it would be wise to discontinue any comments on this thread - this is because I have learnt my lesson:
1) Read the text.
2) Ask Father for understanding.

You are right, there is very little to be debated here  - it is, in essence, a straightforward prose (although there are elements of airy fairy language). Moreover, I have realised that I made a mistake posting before seeking God's understanding.

I hope my long winded statements are understood.

God bless
Gaurav Smiley

God = love
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »

Hello Gaurav,

I understand, but please don't feel bad. I just mentioned that I don't want to debate because I don't feel led to. Pleasant discussions between Brothers and Sisters in Christ is a different matter, so please feel free to make other posts like this. Also know that someone else might enjoy a debate.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (KJV)  9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.   10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:56:32 AM »

Hello again.
I think the key to this was that you were not led to debate this - neither was I. Posting this subject was my mistake - this does not mean to say I will never post again but I must be led by God in the future.

Take care
Gaurav

God = love
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the