Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post Chronicle 11-18-2009
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post Chronicle 11-18-2009  (Read 517 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:42:02 AM »

The Foundation

"The circumstances that endanger the safety of nations are infinite." --Alexander Hamilton

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
Editorial Exegesis

"[Attorney General] Eric Holder's move to try the 9/11 masterminds in Manhattan makes it official: This administration has reverted to pre-9/11 'crime' fighting. Amid all the talk during the attorney general's surreal press conference of the 'crime' committed eight years ago, the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon wasn't even mentioned. Lest anyone forget, the military headquarters of the United States was attacked that day along with the Twin Towers. An entire wedge of the Ring was gutted when the Saudi hijackers slammed American Airlines Flight 77 into it. Nearly 200 military personnel were killed, along with the passengers and crew of the hijacked jet. The jet was a weapon used to attack the very center of our military. That was not a 'crime,' as some say. It was an act of war. And 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, along with the four other al-Qa'ida terrorist co-conspirators Holder wants to try, are no mere criminals. They are enemy combatants -- and should be treated as such. ... Holder clucked that the 'trials will be open to the public and the world.' And they will turn into circuses, playing right into the hands of the enemy. These trials will drag on for years, perhaps even decades, as defense lawyers file endless motions and appeals. Meanwhile, valuable intelligence about interrogation techniques and other methods we've used against al-Qa'ida will be revealed to the enemy during trial discovery. This move to a civilian court makes no sense at all, except viewed through a political prism. ... It will only remind people how much America has shrunk in the last nine months." --Investor's Business Daily
Insight

"The malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous" --British Prime Minister Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst." --Irish novelist C. S. Lewis (1898-1963)

"If you are afraid to speak against tyranny, then you are already a slave." --author John "Birdman" Bryant (1943-2009)

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --American author Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Upright

"From indictment to trial, the civilian case against the 9/11 terrorists will be a years-long seminar, enabling al-Qaeda and its jihadist allies to learn much of what we know and, more important, the methods and sources by which we come to know it. But that is not the half of it. By moving the case to civilian court, the president and his attorney general have laid the groundwork for an unprecedented surrender of our national-defense secrets directly to our most committed enemies." --columnist Andrew McCarthy

"In the string of amazing decisions made during the first year of the Obama administration, nothing seems more like sheer insanity than the decision to try foreign terrorists, who have committed acts of war against the United States, in federal court, as if they were American citizens accused of crimes." --economist Thomas Sowell

"After 9/11, we fought back, hit hard, rolled up the Afghan camps; after the [Danish] cartoons, we weaseled and equivocated and appeased and signaled that we were willing to trade core western values for a quiet life. Watching the decadence and denial on display this last week, I think in years to come Fort Hood will be seen in a similar light. What happened is not a 'tragedy' but a national scandal, already fading from view." --columnist Mark Steyn

"President Obama traveled all the way to China to praise the free flow of information. It's the only safe place he could do so without getting heckled. With a straight face, Obama lauded political dissent and told Chinese students he welcomed unfettered criticism in America. Fierce opposition, he said, made him 'a better leader because it forces me to hear opinions that I don't want to hear.' How do you say 'You lie!' in Mandarin?" --columnist Michelle Malkin

"In the U.S., the call is for government control, through regulations, as opposed to ownership. Unfortunately, it matters little whether there is a Democratically or Republican-controlled Congress and White House; the march toward greater government control continues. It just happens at a quicker pace with Democrats in charge." --economist Walter E. Williams

Dezinformatsia

Sympathy for the devil: "Now that you've had the opportunity to speak with him a couple of times, do you think -- and this is not from a scientific or even legal standpoint, but just as you've been able to speak with him, do you think he's competent to stand trial?" --CBS's Harry Smith to Col. John Galligan, retired Army officer and Nidal Hasan's civilian attorney

Victimitis: "The prospect of a Democratic Congress curtailing reproductive rights as a price for health-care reform is yet another reality check for those of us who thought Democratic control of Congress and the White House heralded a new day for progressive policies. ... Pro-choice activists are furious, and they're raising money from likeminded women who feel that their party has turned on them." --Newsweek's Eleanor Clift

No bias here: "I worry about the lack of objectivity and the future of the news business. ... I don't like the fact that they're delivering news based on the conviction of its viewers." --ABC's Charles Gibson on Fox News and MSNBC

Other than that, the story was accurate: "I want to apologize to Governor Palin and all of our viewers. On Friday, in a very misguided attempt to have some fun in advance of Sarah Palin's upcoming book Going Rogue, our staff mistakenly used some clearly photoshopped images of Ms. Palin without any acknowledgment. ... We should have never used those photos in the first place.... I apologize." --MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan, who did at least apologize

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:43:01 AM »

Newspulper Headlines:

Be Careful What You Wish For: "Pelosi Hopes to Finish Health Bill as 'Christmas Present'" --TheHill.com ++ "Woman Shocked to See Swastikas on Wrapping Paper" --WESH-TV Web site (Orlando, FL)

Nancy Pelosi Had a Similar Excuse: "Suspected US Serial Killer Blamed Stench on Sausage Factory" --Agence France-Presse

Is There Anything He Can't Do?: "In First Visit to China, Obama Walks a Tightrope" --Associated Press

We Blame Global Warming: "Russian Cruise Ship Carrying 100 Tourists Stuck in Antarctic Ice" --FoxNews.com

Questions Nobody Is Asking: "Are Republicans Too Giddy?" --CNN.com

Everything Seemingly Is Spinning Out of Control: "Asteroid Passes Just 8,700 Miles From Earth -- With Only 15 Hours Warning" --Daily Mail (London)

Bottom Stories of the Day: "Kerry Warns on Vietnam Parallels" --Boston Globe

(Thanks to The Wall Street Journal's James Taranto)

The Demo-gogues

Whose responsibility? "We have a responsibility to consider all good ideas to encourage and accelerate job creation in this country. I am looking forward to hearing from the private sector, from CEOs and small business owners and from Americans struggling to make ends meet on how we can work together to create jobs and get this economy moving again." --Barack Obama (Remember, by "we" Obama means government. But isn't it nice that he wants to hear from the private sector on job creation?)

Now he gets it: "It is important though to recognize if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy in a way that could actually lead to a double-dip recession." --Barack Obama, the biggest spender in the history of the world

Typical convoluted leftist "thought": "The argument by some that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed should be treated as a warrior and not as a common criminal misses the point. He wants us to treat him as a warrior. But he should, and will, be treated as the common terrorist criminal that he is." --Sen. Carl Levin (D-MA)

"By trying [KSM and four other terrorists] in our federal courts, we demonstrate to the world that the most powerful nation on earth also trusts its judicial system -- a system respected around the world." --Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)

Except yes, she is second guessing: "I'm not going to second-guess the attorney general." --Hillary Clinton on the Gitmo terrorists being tried in New York

Belly Laugh of the Week: "I'm a big supporter of non-censorship [because] it forces me to hear opinions that I don't want to hear. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger society becomes, [and] they can begin to think for themselves." --Barack Obama in China, though he's the one with a Cyperspace czar, the one who supports the "Fairness" Doctrine, and the one who was/is at war with Fox News because they disagree with him

Village Idiots

That's just superstition: "I think as far as his [Obama's] popularity decreasing, I think it's because people are so used to, they're so afraid of change and I think you have politics playing too much a role in what should be a natural, given that health care in this country needs to be improved and that's just a reality." --musician Stevie Wonder

Look who's talking: "Capitalism offers you freedom, but far from giving people freedom, it enslaves them." --actor Ian McKellen, who has made an awful lot of money because of capitalism

A rebuttal to McKellen: "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" --Harry Morris Warner (1881-1958 ), co-founder of Warner Brothers, in 1927

Non Compos Mentis: "I don't know what motivates [Nidal Hasan] ... as far as I know ... he's a sociopath; he's a criminal. He could have had a toothache and gone off because of that." --Geraldo Rivera

Lavish praise: "It's an interesting twist of fate here in our own backyard that former Vice President Al Gore has taken on a new platform and is now a catalyst for world change. So, in essence, he's president of the people. He's president of the planet. And the work that he's doing is more important than any other work that could possibly be done." --"eco-entrepreneur" Marci Zaroff

Short Cuts

"When Barack Obama was campaigning -- not that he's ever stopped -- back in 2008, he made a number of promises. As we all know, like a cad on the make, he was only trying to get us in the sack. Once he had his way with us, he barely remembered our name, let alone his various vows." --columnist Burt Prelutsky

"President Obama has repeatedly stated that his stimulus package has 'saved or created' hundreds of thousands of jobs. And hundreds of thousands of jobs have been created. In Unicornland." --columnist Ben Shapiro

"It won't be long before the president's ego is so inflated that it will require a ZIP code of its own." --columnist Jeff Jacoby

"Chrysler issued a statement Monday vowing they'll double the sale of Chryslers in the next five years. It's a reachable goal. At the rate their car sales are falling it won't be long before Chrysler can double their sales by selling another one." --comedian Argus Hamilton

"While in China, President Obama gave a speech. He said that 'being open to criticism makes democracy stronger and makes me a better leader because it forces me to hear opinions I don't want to hear.' Then he went back to trashing Fox News." --comedian Jay Leno

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis! Mark Alexander, Publisher, for The Patriot's editors and staff.

(Please pray for our Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world, and for their families -- especially families of those fallen Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who granted their lives in defense of American liberty.)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the