Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Worhsip
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worhsip  (Read 2725 times)
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:35:29 AM »

What do you consider to be worship in simple terms?

I suppose for me it's meeting with the heart of God - naturally, this can be done in a variety of ways e.g. singing, prayer etc. but I think it's more than that. Living a righteous life is surely worhsip as it is pleasing to God. Worship should therefore be done at all times.

Before I go off on a tagent, lets go back to the initial question - what is worhsip for you?

Gaurav

God = love
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »

Worship is many things, honor, homage, praise, reverence but it starts with one primary word ... love. It is out of our love for Him that we worship Him. Any thing other is without meaning if that love is not there first.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

Worship is all we do to show and give Glory, Thanksgiving, and Praise to God. Whatever God wants - we should give it to Him in hearts of love and appreciation. This obviously includes offering ourselves for His use and yielding to His Will every day. Pastor Roger is right - Love is the Key - His Love for us and our Love for Him. Part of our love for Him should include wanting to please Him every day. We can't do any of these things well without a personal relationship with Christ, Prayer, and Bible Study. Bible Study is important because God has given us instructions there in many places on how to make our "Joy More Full".

The biggest Key is GOD Himself. If we really want to worship Him, He must be given the most prominent place in our lives - The Head over our lives - and the Core of our lives.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:04:57 AM »

-- Revised Standard
Romans 12:1  I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 

-- King James
Romans 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Our lives in service/sacrifice to God in His Son is worship and done in spirit and truth.  There is a part of our lives where we do this collectively with other saints in assembly and displayed action through song, prayer, etc. coming from the inner self and reflected by the action of the outer self. Worship however is not always seen by outward action, but is a quiet within one's spirit of reflection, bowing down, adoring, and loving God.

- King James
John 4:20.  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
 21.  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
 22.  Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
 23.  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
 24.  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »

Hello Ollie,

I'm sorry to be so late in replying to your post. I was ill and got better just in time for my kids and grandkids all coming home for a Thanksgiving visit. We had a great time.

It's nice to hear from you, and I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love In Christ,
Tom

"I am always content with what happens; for I know that what God chooses is better than what I choose." - Epictetus

Sherri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »

I have to agree worship is honoring God for all that he is and is done out of love for him.
javier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:38 PM »

I realize the thread is old, but none the less, for me personally, is working with homeless folks. Few things in life bring me more joy.

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger.
Blessings, javier
http://jgredline.blogspot.com/
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »

I realize the thread is old, but none the less, for me personally, is working with homeless folks. Few things in life bring me more joy.

This is a beautiful expression of love, one that I'm sure God would approve of.

Matthew 25:34-40 KJV  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:  35  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  36  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.  37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?  38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 22:36-40 KJV  Master, which is the great commandment in the law?  37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  38  This is the first and great commandment.  39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Brother, may God richly bless you for the work you're doing.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »

To me, worship is recognizing Who and What God is, the Creator and Sustainer of everything, Who deserves all praise, glory and honor.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the