Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  superheroes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: superheroes  (Read 1461 times)
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »

I was not sure if I should post this here, or somewhere else, I'm sure if it is in the wrong place that Tom will put it where it belongs.

how many of us remember growing up with a hero that we admired?!

It may have been an older family member that seemed to be able to do everything, an older brother or sister, or maybe even a parent. They could solve every problem, and absolutely nothing could stop them. Maybe it was someone from a T.V. show.They always saved the day, got the "bad guys", and of course they always got the girl! No matter how bleak the situation, this hero would end up saving the day!

Here is a news flash for you, you are the hero that God has chosen for your area to save the day! I know, I can already hear the gasps, and the comments. "I'm just an ordinary person, how can I be a hero?!?

Let me remind you of a few other ordinary people throughout history. A wandering nomad of the dessert will eventually become the father of a nation. this nomad was nothing special in the eyes of the world, in fact he chose to become homeless, leaving all of the comforts that he had, and moved to places he did not know(simply because he heard the voice of God) In this society we live in these days, if we should do something like this we would be committed! Yet Abram,our wandering nomad, became the father of the nation of Israel.

Another ordinary man, like those he lived around, began building a boat in the middle of dry land. He built this boat, and preached of salvation for 120 years. All of that time he was mocked and ridiculed, but Noah saved the human race from extinction!

there are many examples of the life changing power of God in peoples live thru the bible. David went from poor shepherd to king, Daniel went form hated brother, and slave , to  a ruler of the known world of his time.

But what does this have to do with me you ask? Good, if you did ask I have gotten your attention. We are children of the king, and not just any king, but: The King of Kings.We are given the right to come boldly before the throne of grace, not with heads bowed begging, but as children expecting to receive what we ask for!We see all around us the sin, corruption, immorality and other works of the enemy of our souls. Now what do we do about it? Do we do as most do, and just ignore it? Do we half-heartedly pray,hoping that God may do something about it?Do we tell others how terrible it is, but do nothing to change it?

I f you answered yes to any of my last questions then fall on your knees and repent, asking our Adonai to forgive you!Then get up and begin to do what you can to change what you see around you! We start with prayer. The fervent effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much. How many of us are willing to pay the cost it takes to die out to self daily? How many will say here am I Lord USE ME! How many will begin to pray like Isaiah "I am a sinful man amidst a sinful people " "forgive me , and then use me my LORD!

God never promised us that everything in life would be easy, or that it would even be to our liking. What he did promise us though was a peace that surpassed all understanding. A peace in the midst of hard times that says I know, that I know, that I know, that I know that my life is in his hands and that he will never leave me or forsake me, he will be with me always to lead, guide and direct my every move, if I have the courage and commitment to ask him!

He has also promised us a joy unspeakable and full of glory! Notice that the word used was joy, not happiness. There are times in my life where circumstances, or events will remove my happiness. But I will never, never, never loose the joy of knowing that I am a child of the King, that I will one day see the face of him who loved me enough to die for me, and most important hear him say:"well done thou good and faithful servant, enter thou into the JOY of your lord."

Notice we are given an armour in the book of Eph. We have a helmet, a breastplate, a shield, a weapon, and our feet are shod. No where in the list do I see anything to cover our back, where we can turn and run from the enemy of our soul. He is described as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Only the old lions, no longer able to hunt roar(to scare their prey) I have no fear in Jesus for he hath not given me a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.I know that I am already triumphant in every thing he tells me to do. I am not the one responsible for the victory! When my father tells me to do something, it is not I who is showing power, rather it is the spirit within me, who can and will overcome all.

I have read the last page of the book my brethren, and we win! God will, and is, triumphant over all.

Remember that heroes are those ordinary people who do extraordinary things! I strongly believe in Jesus that we can, and  should be superheroes for him. Let us learn to lead by following him, let us learn to stand by first falling upon our knees, and most importantly let us learn that it is Christ in us our hope of Glory!

May all praise, and glory, and honor be given to Jesus

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »

Amen Ravenloche!

Brother, you can put a message like this anywhere on the forum. These are difficult times, and we all need regular reminders of who we are and what we have in Christ. Thanks Brother!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the