Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who will win the next Pres. election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who will win the next Pres. election?  (Read 23271 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2003, 09:34:44 AM »

You have stated, someguy, that your purpose in being here is to debate. So I'm not going to answer that question because you're just waiting to contest it. That would definitely be throwing pearls out to be trampled on.
Reba
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2003, 11:03:12 AM »

blackeyedpeas,  

Supprise !  I tend to agree with you!
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2003, 12:47:09 PM »

He is a Christian and prays for guidance from Almighty God.

His morals are high and he is a good role model for the young people of America.

He has taken the terrorist problem head-on and is taking the fight to the terrorists instead of letting them wage their kind of war among our innocents.

I think that he's been hit with more problems at once than any President since World War II. I think he's done an outstanding job and most of the complaints are simply politics. I'm not saying he hasn't made any mistakes.

Concerning the first two points. So is the Pope, so is Benny Hinn. I wouldn't vote for either one.
Concerning the last point, that’s a stretch.
He has been hit with one of the greatest problems, but not the most.
Taking so many huge vacations makes me question his "outstanding" job.
I don't agree with much of Bill C.s life, but he was a workaholic.
“outstanding job” I don’t think so. He did have good military men around him. And the military decisions were good. I believe evil leaders with total control like Hitler, Pol Pot, Edi Amin, or Sodumb Insane, need to be removed.
But I believe the main reason young George went in to Iraq was that not getting Saddam out because he was bad. But rather it was one of old Georges biggest embarrassments.
The advisors that GB surrounded himself with were the advisors that wanted his dad to get SH during Desert Storm.
Beating Saddam would be like me taking on a 5 year old one on one in basketball. I might be 51 but I still could beat the kid 10 to 0. Much more than that and I would run out of steam. Smiley
After we “won” we had no plan. If he wanted to be outstanding he should have had a plan.
Economically he is one big screw up.
Maybe living in Oregon, with our consistently high unemployment, has tainted my viewpoint. But the even the man himself recognizes his tax cuts were a mistake. We had a surplus, now we’re in the hole.
It is always politics.
Does sexual immorality make some one a bad president? I don’t think so, I think Jefferson was a good president, Roosevelt slept with his secretary in the Whitehouse, Eleanor was a lesbian. The list goes on and on. We don’t elect sinless people.
How about honesty, was BC honest, no. Is GB honest, no. Was Regan-Bush honest, no. Think Iran Contra. When R-B wanted to drill for oil off the coast Bush claimed being an oil man had nothing to do with his decision, all his holdings were in trust. I was in California, I saw some flowers near the beach I wanted to take a picture of. As I walked by an oil well The sign on it said, “operated by _______ for Bush oil company.” Was Gore honest, NO!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I felt Bush was a better candidate.
It is always politics, the guys that run for president have to have a certain personality trait, a craving for power. That is why the only president in my lifetime I really liked was Ford. He just found himself as president, because both the Republican President and Vice President were criminals.
It is amazing how many people I’ve heard claim it is because Bush is a Christian, and then tear apart Jimmy Carter.
I believe Bush is president because God wanted him there, think hanging chad.
I hate to think what would have happened on 9/11 if Gore had been president. Do I think Bush is a good president, no, just the best that was available.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2003, 01:08:17 PM »

Bill Clinton ws a workaholic because he wanted a good reputation. Clinton agreed with whatever position comprised the majority, so that the majority would like him. I think George W. Bush truly wants what's best for his country, EVEN if he is unpopular for it. I think Tony Blair is the same way. I don't always agree with Bush's decisions but i respect him for them.
Reba
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2003, 03:14:12 PM »

Is there any country in history who has been taxed into prosperity?
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2003, 03:44:18 AM »

Bill Clinton ws a workaholic because he wanted a good reputation. Clinton agreed with whatever position comprised the majority, so that the majority would like him. I think George W. Bush truly wants what's best for his country, EVEN if he is unpopular for it. I think Tony Blair is the same way. I don't always agree with Bush's decisions but i respect him for them.
I don't know their hearts or their thoughts or their motives I was out of line to say
But I believe the main reason young George went in to Iraq was that not getting Saddam out because he was bad. But rather it was one of old Georges biggest embarrassments.
As Christians shouldn't we be a little cautious about claiming we know what is in someone’s mind?
I’m a little embarrassed. I barely know my own mind sometimes. And sometimes my actions don’t reflect my intentions.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2003, 11:20:26 AM »

I certainly don't know what's in someone else's mind, but we all do have opinions. These are, of course, my opinions on what people's motives are. That's how we discern if someone is coming from the spirit or the devil. That's how we decide on who to trust or not. We can all be decieved, but i think people's actions speak for themselves. I trust someone who puts his reputation in danger for something he believes. The tyrants of the world had to "Hush" up the people who didn't agree with them. Bush not only allowed it, he welcomed it because of his esteem for democracy. That takes tremendous courage that I know i don't have.
Reba
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2003, 06:19:28 PM »

Left coast,

Smiley
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2003, 01:17:45 PM »

Bill and Hillary Clinton are going to vote for George Bush!

You think I'm kidding but I'm not. The Clintons want Bush to win in 2004! Hillary wants to run in 2008. She won't run against Bush now cause she'll lose. Their convinced that if Bush gets a second term She'll win in 2008. If a democrat wins in 2004 she can't run until 2012.

Hillary will run in 2008 and try to rally the democrats against a 12 year republican sweep. The scary thing is she'll be tough to beat! minorities love her, the democratic party will go along, scary.

Theres only one person who can definately beat her in 2008

Theres only one choice for republicans and I hope they are smart enough to see it.

The only person who can beat Hillary hands down in 2008 is Colin Powell.

Deep down the Democrats are planning on Hillary in 2008.

Its nice to have a president I can respect and talk to my son about. We are in great risk in this country and at least our president sees it. I fear the liberals.
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"  ***

***Franklin Delano Roosevelt 1932-1945

Support your local Christian.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2003, 03:06:13 PM »

Gen. Clark is a Clinton stooge, and he knows it. His real goal is vice president. The Clintons don't want a demacrate to win in 04 unless its Hillary.

Right now the unelectable Dean is their front runner which make the Clintons happy, for Hillary to run in 08.

But wait! Bush is slipping in the polls and could possibly be beat by the "RIGHT" candidate (Hillary). Bill and Hillary don't want Clark to win, just to run until Hillary comes in to save the Dems from Dean and a sure loss. Clark will jump on Her ticket to lure those in the military and others who are leary of Hillary. Theres no way Clinton wants Clark to win because that puts Hillary out intil 2012. Hillary will enter if Bush can be beat, otherwise she'll sit out until 08 but I think the Clintons are going to come to save the day for the Dems.

I fear Hillary Clinton and Clark is a useful idiot stooge for playing along! Dean's a wacko, Kerry things he's JFK but he's boring, Leiberman's playing to the left and it doesn't suit who he is, Here comes Hillary or Gore to save the day but Gore won't cause he could beat Bush and that forces Hillary to run so why should Gore bother.

The Clintons' are clever and sneaky alright, they want to sneak right back into the white house. Maybe they'd bring back some of the things the stole from the white house.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 03:08:29 PM by Paul2 » Logged

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2003, 03:07:45 PM »

Bush will win; 'cuz he's going start or 'spawn' a war. ( this thread is ooold ! )
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 03:08:50 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Reba
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2003, 04:17:34 PM »

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,

And to take Him at His Word;

Just to rest upon His promise,

And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Tongue
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2003, 06:44:59 PM »

Bush will win; 'cuz he's going start or 'spawn' a war. ( this thread is ooold ! )
So is the bible.

someguy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2003, 02:04:02 AM »

BEP, actually I appreciate your honesty on this question.  I've found many Christians that claim GW is a great president but never give any reason and won't admit that it is simply because he is Christian.  If thats how you feel, you are entitled to vote that way.  However, I would have to disagree with some of your statements about him doing an outstanding job considering and that he has dealt with terrorism well.

Left Coast, I agree with the long post you made and respect you for saying that just because a president is Christian, doesn't make him a good president.

Heidi, if you think that Bush truly wants what is best for his country then why has he had such a horrible environmental policy?  You trust someone that puts their reputation in danger for their belief?  You might want to change that to you trust someone that puts their reputation in danger for their Christian belief.  Yes, Heidi, I am here to debate/converse/discuss or whatever you want to call it.  It just happens that I agree with almost nothing that you have said, so obviously I am going to argue.  If you aren't willing to support your argument, you might want to stop making claims.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2003, 01:42:12 PM »

Gen. Clark is a Clinton stooge, and he knows it. His real goal is vice president. The Clintons don't want a demacrate to win in 04 unless its Hillary.

Right now the unelectable Dean is their front runner which make the Clintons happy, for Hillary to run in 08.

But wait! Bush is slipping in the polls and could possibly be beat by the "RIGHT" candidate (Hillary). Bill and Hillary don't want Clark to win, just to run until Hillary comes in to save the Dems from Dean and a sure loss. Clark will jump on Her ticket to lure those in the military and others who are leary of Hillary. Theres no way Clinton wants Clark to win because that puts Hillary out intil 2012. Hillary will enter if Bush can be beat, otherwise she'll sit out until 08 but I think the Clintons are going to come to save the day for the Dems.

I fear Hillary Clinton and Clark is a useful idiot stooge for playing along! Dean's a wacko, Kerry things he's JFK but he's boring, Leiberman's playing to the left and it doesn't suit who he is, Here comes Hillary or Gore to save the day but Gore won't cause he could beat Bush and that forces Hillary to run so why should Gore bother.

The Clintons' are clever and sneaky alright, they want to sneak right back into the white house. Maybe they'd bring back some of the things the stole from the white house.

Maybe prosperity would return. Stocks showing a high return etc., etc.     Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the