Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who will win the next Pres. election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who will win the next Pres. election?  (Read 23321 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2003, 07:53:15 PM »

I wonder why they haven't happened on to either Osama, or Saddam.   I know Saddam has a $25m bounty on his head; what about Osama??
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2003, 04:43:58 AM »

I wonder why they haven't happened on to either Osama, or Saddam.   I know Saddam has a $25m bounty on his head; what about Osama??

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

I'm guessing it would be mainly the "fear factor" and possibly no concept of how much money that is. I think the fear factor will gradually decline as more and more of the top guys go down. If the fear factor gets low enough, the greed factor may take over. Who knows?

In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2003, 10:25:41 AM »

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Rom 13:4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Rom 13:5  Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Rom 13:6  For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Rom 13:7  Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

A few of my thoughts on the above verses. . .
When Paul penned the above his homeland was in slavery to Rome, yes i know Paul was a roman citizen. There are so many times when i wish i  didn't believe these scriptures. My mind  says  how can so~n~so  be from GOD?  But HIS word stands as TRUTH.  Billy was from GOD, GW is from GOD,  Osama is from GOD,  As Pharaoh was from GOD  So as Moses.  One may ask if you believe that why vote etc. Verse 7 tells me to vote. In the USA voting is a GOD given responsibility. As a Christian i can not  vote for a person or party that  believes or supports abortion. ( abortion  is evil, death penalty  is scriptural) Supporting abortion in any way is a form of approval. I did not vote for GW  i find him to be weak on social issues.  ( weak  meaning caving to  reelection) I can see the Commander and Chief he is to the troops  a great job in that line!  I voted for Allen Keyes in the last 2 presidential elections as a write in because of his pro life stance.  
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2003, 02:19:10 PM »

Let me ask you, Reba.  Do you feel it wrong to vote for someone who has noooooo chance of winning (ie. Allan Keyes)?  It's almost a vote for Gore, isn't it.  Just like the Democrats said a vote for the weird green party guy was a vote for Bush.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Reba
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2003, 10:22:30 AM »

Let me ask you, Reba.  Do you feel it wrong to vote for someone who has noooooo chance of winning (ie. Allan Keyes)?  It's almost a vote for Gore, isn't it.  Just like the Democrats said a vote for the weird green party guy was a vote for Bush.

MR. 5020,

When the choices were Billy and Bob Dole, we all 'knew' billy was goining to win, at that election the choice was not an interal battle. I did battle with myself at GW  v. gore. I felt Bush was weak on the social issues ( my 'feelings' are correct) I am not a rebuplician i am conservitive. Had  GW lost by one vote i would have just died  Tongue The hard line i will not cross is the one of abortion.
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2003, 09:27:33 PM »

Thank you for your response.  It was a closed-ended question, so no response is necessary...just thanks.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2003, 11:03:01 PM »

I firmly believe, and hope, that George Bush is re-elected.
I agree with what was said about Mrs. Clinton hoping Bush will win. She would have a hard time in 2008 if A Dem. wins in 2004. And I believe she only cares about getting power, not about the people or the country.
I agree about the abortion issue being vital, but there are so many others also. Like the gay agenda.
I have felt that God was giving America one more chance to get it's house in order, and so He allowed George Bush to become president. He is a devout Christian; against abortion; and against the gay agenda, etc. Much he cannot speak publicly, because to do so would end any chance at re-election, but at least he professes Jesus as his Savior, and tries to accomplish as much as any one man can.
But I fear for this country, because the forces of evil, for so long now, have been slowly making progress, and I am not sure it can be changed at this point. I know Israel had nationwide repentance in it's history, but this country has become so secularized that I don't see it happening.
I pray I am wrong, but I think that if this nation does not repent, and turn back to God, then He will judge us as He did Israel when she would not repent.
Sorry, there I go again making a short answer long.
Love in Christ. Roy.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2003, 12:43:16 PM »

Gary Coleman!

Seriously I like what Reba has said.
Everyone who becomes a ruler is such because God has put him there.
I don’t believe we should criticize Gods selection.
That does not mean that we shouldn’t do everything possible to remove truly wicked people.
Bill Clinton, George Bush, neither one is all that great. Both are interested in the power and the profit of the position.
Both have flaws, both have strengths, both were put there by God.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2003, 12:53:06 PM »

By the way, did any of you know that the Bush administration contaced Jack Van Impy about the end times?
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2003, 01:05:22 PM »

By the way, did any of you know that the Bush administration contaced Jack Van Impy about the end times?
OH NO!
This is one guy that interprets scripture out of his own mind.
One time I heard him say that the locusts in Revelation were Huey (I don't think I spelled that right) Helicopters because John didn't understand Gods vision since helicopters hadn't been invented.  

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2003, 06:06:19 PM »

Actually i respect him for it. I think he sees how big the events in the Middle east are, what they represent, and is trying to figure out how to deal with it. The presidents who dismiss prophecy, thinking they can save the world from God's plan are who scare me. Bush is open-minded enough to not discard the bible and for that, I applaud him.
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2003, 10:32:51 PM »

[glod=red,2,300]GO GW!!![/glow]

Mr. 5020
---------------
Reba
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2003, 10:53:14 PM »

OH NO!
This is one guy that interprets scripture out of his own mind.
One time I heard him say that the locusts in Revelation were Huey (I don't think I spelled that right) Helicopters because John didn't understand Gods vision since helicopters hadn't been invented.  

Leftcoast,

did ya happen to catch Haggee talken about how many million of years it took GOD to create the pass at Petra? That is off topic, Back to  presidents  or  close. Who will be my governor?  Will California go from  really bad to badder? It cant it cant  Cry
someguy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2003, 12:27:07 AM »

I am personally hoping for Howard Dean, but I fear it will be GW.  Just out of curiosity, what issues make some of you support GW?  I have seen a few, but not much in light of all the complaints about him.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2003, 04:05:05 AM »

I am personally hoping for Howard Dean, but I fear it will be GW.  Just out of curiosity, what issues make some of you support GW?  I have seen a few, but not much in light of all the complaints about him.

Someguy,

Some of this you might not appreciate, but you asked. My wife and I will vote for George Bush for numerous reasons.

He is a Christian and prays for guidance from Almighty God.

His morals are high and he is a good role model for the young people of America.

He has taken the terrorist problem head-on and is taking the fight to the terrorists instead of letting them wage their kind of war among our innocents.

I think that he's been hit with more problems at once than any President since World War II. I think he's done an outstanding job and most of the complaints are simply politics. I'm not saying he hasn't made any mistakes.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the