Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  9/9/09 - Obama's Speech
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Will you watch the President's speech tonight on Healthcare?  (Voting closed: September 10, 2009, 11:44:40 AM)
Wouln't miss it! - 0 (0%)
Maybe.  I might have to wash my hair. - 1 (50%)
Absolutely not!  I've got better things to do! - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9/9/09 - Obama's Speech  (Read 1849 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »

Will you be watching President Obama's speech tonight on his Health Care Reform?  In case you do, I have posted Newt G.'s 10-point checklist under "Obama" in this same section for your use.  Newt would like you to share your scoring results with him and if you'd like it would be interesting to share here what your score was or at least what you thought about it.

Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »

I listened to it at work on my wife's MP3 player (which has an fm radio).

It was the first time I have heard him speak (other than "sound bites" on the news), and technically it was a good speech and he did a good job delivering it.

There was really nothing new in it except a provision to legally require cutting costs if it went over budget. As predicted, Obama said he was for a public option but was open to other means of accomplishing the same ends and that it wasn't essential to the plan.

Of course I couldn't "see" anything, but it seemed like there was a lot of booing and groaning at times! Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, I see a lot of the Republican protesting as "sour grapes" Cry. They have had ever since Hillary's horrible health care plan failed (as it should have) to come up with a plan of their own and do something about the problems, and have done nothing whatever. Even now, they have no real plan except to just say no" to Obama's plan.

Incidentally, there really is no "Obamacare" plan. The president can't introduce legislation in Congress. Right now there are four different committee plans with a fifth on the way. Until the five plans are reconciled and a final plan begins being debated by Congress, it is hard to debate the issues sensibly.

Having lived in a country that had "socialized medicine" I am not terrified of it as most seem to be on this forum, (not that the US has actually had "free-enterprise" medicine in my lifetime anyway - not since the 1800's for that matter!). Even though I am largely conservative, I am getting really turned off by the scare tactics and outright lies being used by the far right. I don't have much faith in government, but I have even less in business, and have had more than one row with my health insurer.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »

This health care plan is called obamacare because it is what he wanted prior to becoming president.

I have seen the results of "socialized medicine" in other nations and there are plenty of reasons for a person in this nation to be afraid of it unless they are fairly health people. Such health care plans would ruin health care in this nation making it as bad if not worse than that in many third world nations. The majority of obama's speech was nothing but lies, and worthy of the boos and groaning (which by the way was not being done just by Republicans).

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

Anyone who read the bill would know his speech was lies. I read the bill, and many other people read the bill. He must think that we are all too stupid to understand what was in the bill. It is difficult and boring to read, but a lot of the ugly secrets are there in plain sight. Private insurance must meet government standards or go out of business. In fact, the bill makes it plain that the government intended to run private insurance and thus run it bankrupt - thus leaving the so-called public option as the only remaining alternative. Oh YES - you can keep your current health insurance - but only if they tow the government line and manage to stay afloat. This doesn't address problems that employers face under the bill who either subsidize employee contributions or foot the entire bill. Did I mention the taxing of better health insurance with greater coverage. This sounds like a real perk for those who try to keep good health insurance - for the employer and the employee - ANOTHER TAX! - (NOT!) The so-called "public option" is designed to quickly become the only option, and it removes freedom - intrudes into private business - and becomes a tyrant over private business  - ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL! These things are not the business of the so-called government, and they know it.

Who is it that magically pays all the bills? They aren't going to ration health care - especially for the elderly and the veterans!   ???   They already are! The elderly and the veterans can't get appropriate health care without additional private insurance. The so-called "public" portion of care for the elderly and the veterans is riddled with CORRUPTION and FRAUD. Some of our politicians are in charge of the CORRUPTION AND FRAUD and/or are in bed with those committing the CORRUPTION AND FRAUD. So, Veterans and the elderly suffer with rationed care unless they have additional private insurance. Remember - they want to add ANOTHER TAX for those who have good health coverage.

I listened to the speech, but I already had the facts that can't be disputed. He sounded like an extremely slick used car salesman trying to sell a car that has been underwater since hurricane Katrina. We can see the rust and water damage, but he's going to call us out if we mention it! Call us out because everyone can see it if they just open their eyes and ears. That car won't run for long before it becomes useless. You will either scrap it or sink money into it until you run out of money. The car is permeated with water and mud - including the drive train. NO! - I'm not buying the car! What irks me the most is how stupid he must think that the general public is. They can add anything they want to the water-logged car - call it by different names - and I'm still not buying it! The master orator created his own Waterloo by lying to all sides at once and being CAUGHT! In other words, his magic act was exposed by him while he was doing it!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the