Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What About the Forces of Darkness? - A Discussion.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What About the Forces of Darkness? - A Discussion.  (Read 1881 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:03 AM »

What About the Forces of Darkness? - A Discussion.

First, you must be a Christian to be able to identify them. Otherwise, you would either be insensitive to their presence or even be part of them.

So, if you're a Christian, are you beginning to see the forces of darkness at work? If you're not a Christian, what do you think about this discussion?

Ephesians 6:11-20 KJV  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;  19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,  20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Aren't we watching the working of great evil right out in the open? I think we are, and I can think of numerous examples. They have various names for their agendas, and their agendas supposedly represent a variety of causes. They are calling these agendas and causes good, but they aren't good. It's not ironic that many of them call good EVIL and EVIL good. Most Christians are beginning to identify them with what they are - EVIL and the forces of darkness. What do you think?

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:59:17 AM »

It is definitly everywhere. Even things that are good have some evil in it.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:33:09 AM »

It is definitly everywhere. Even things that are good have some evil in it.

Good Morning Brother David!

You made an excellent point, one that is worthy of being part of this discussion.

As Christians, we should all know that we fail pretty often. The world sees this and labels it as hypocrisy. Regardless of how hard we try, we stumble from time to time, but Christ is our Master. We are Children of the LIGHT, and that LIGHT is Jesus Christ. Those on the opposite end of the spectrum are serving the devil, but they do good by the standards of the world. Some even argue that those serving the devil do more good than Christians. This is the logic of the world, but God doesn't see things this way. How God sees things is the only way that matters..

As Christians, we should know that it hurts God when we sin. This is one reason why we feel bad when we do wrong. We don't want to go back and wallow in that dark pit that Christ rescued us from, but we are far from perfect or holy. The lost enjoy that dark pit and don't want to come out. God doesn't recognize anything they do as good, regardless of what the world thinks.

Brother David, you make some profound statements, and I'm glad that you do.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 62:6 ASV  6  He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my high tower; I shall not be moved.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

I think sometimes that people are still looking for that red pointy-headed devil to pop up and don't see the everyday ordinary things that may appear on the surface to be ok, but have a dark underlining.

Take computers. They are wonderful inventions. But on-line with the click of a mouse you can go to websites not fit for anyone, that being man, woman, or child. Websites like facebook, and twitter, and some forums promote bad behavior. Insults and pictures to hurt others seem to be in style. You Tube has video's that are sicking to watch. And lastly computer e-mail is wonderful for keeping in touch with family and others, but I kind of miss the personal touch of a hand-written letter.

Some books promote lifestyles and attitudes they do not produce goodness and healthy choices.

The advancement of cell-phones, where texting is done instead of talking.

And TV is becoming more violent and provocative. There are very few shows left on TV that are worth watching. Again lifestyles, fashion, makeup, swearing, insults and all these things bring down the goodness in people and help bring about an uncaring evil  society.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »

One thing we also need to remember is that the darkness can't stand the Light. Of course we as Christians know, Jesus is the Light. Another reason the darkness can't stand the light is because the light also exposes the darkness. God did not create evil. Evil exists when you disobey God, when you are against God. For evil is the representation of going against all that is Good, which God is.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Let me give you a picture of what happened when you became a Christian.  Let's say that you are a house. Before you became a Christian the owner of the house was the devil and you lived in his kingdom, but then you received Jesus and you changed the owner of your house, and you became a new citizen.  Now Jesus is the owner of the house. But maybe the house is not in good condition, there may be termites that have attacked the timber in the house, or maybe there is a room that has not been cleaned and made ready. 

Maybe there is a cupboard in a room that is in the darkness so rats, mice and insects can do what they want there.  The problem is that if you don't tell the owner of the house about the problem, the owner of the house will not come and repair it. Even if we have become Christians, we have things in our house that need to be thrown out and cleaned up, and we need the help of God to do this. 

Ephesians 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

We are seeing darkness every day extend it's reaches into daily life which is why, we need to trust in the Lord. Man can and will lead Christians astray.

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the