Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God Bless America??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God Bless America??  (Read 1099 times)
adamporter

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2004, 12:22:27 PM »

God Bless America?

Is God's hand truly on America?   Many people profess this, but few seem willing to take a second look.   This great country was built on the principles of God guiding us.   God is mentioned in almost every one of our founding documents.   Our Presidents have closed their speeches and letters with God's name on their lips and from their pens.   Our forefathers openly depended on God to guide them and their new country.

Today God is not commonly accepted in our society.   God has been driven from our public schools and government buildings in deference to the few and in defiance of the majority.   Our forebears never meant for God to be separated from this country.   To interpret our Constitution any other way is to believe a blatant lie!   To embrace personal freedom to practice religion without persecution is a vital, defensible right.   To subvert this practice in an attempt to withhold offense is criminal.   God has granted everyone the right to choose to worship Him in His way or to deny Him that reverence.   To remove that choice violates God's law while it undermines the very core of our nation.  

It is true that we must keep the state out of the church.   No citizen should be forced to neither worship the government's god nor be subject to religious governance.   Separate church and state if you must...but never remove God from our country!

Our political correctness has smothered our better judgment as a society.   It has stifled our ability to make sound decision and choked out good reasoning.   We are outraged if security stops a suspicious Middle Eastern man in an airport and we rail against a president who fires a university professor who has proven terrorist links, yet we watch as our courts pass laws to prosecute seven year olds who profess God when they pledge allegiance.   We refuse to hire more qualified people based on race in the name of fairness while supporting those less able to do the job to fill a mandated quota.   It is time that we gave all races their due respect.   To assume that a person is less able to excel due to ethnicity or social standing only heaps another layer of despair onto the grave of the overcomer.  

We cower at the thought of offending our neighbor but think nothing or offending, even alienating God.   Every day I wake up and I thank God that a man who loves and honors God leads this country.   George Bush daily prays for God's protection and guidance and encourages all of us to do the same.   He has the strength to make unpopular decisions that are essentially the right ones.   He is a man who will stare evil nations in the face and name them, a man who directs our nation to break the grip of evil on another and see that its leader is brought to justice.   This is the true spirit of America!   We are not a country of people that should slink to church only when something terrible wakes us from our stupor only to return to our blissful selfishness when our lives return to normal.

American needs to wake up and come to grips with where we are as a society and where God fits into our lives.   Should we really erase His name from our schools, chisel Him off of our monuments and wash Him out of our lives?   Other nations...great in their time...began to mock God, to ignore His will for them individually and collectively.   They in their turn were destroyed.   Are we so unlike them?   Is America so special that it stands immune from God's judgment?   No.   We are not greater than God.   We must make this choice personally and publicly...as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord!
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 01:05:58 PM »

We are not greater than God.   We must make this choice personally and publicly...as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord!

AMEN! America, founded on Christian principles, is growing less and less a friend to those who follow God, especially families. But who am I to complain? Other nations have long been the enemy of God's children, and dear brothers and sisters are martyred, abused, imprisoned, frightened, fired, and abandoned every day in places where hatred is not restrained by a watered-down political correctness. They have "tolerance laws", but are willing to look away when Christians are crushed. God promised us this would happen; he knew before the world began that it would be a very miserable home for those willing to follow Christ. God Himself was abused, rejected and killed by the world.

Grieve and pray for America's omissions of truth and Godliness! Thank the Lord we can still worship freely and do not have to fear a government that desires to destroy us!

Which brings up another question, perhaps an unfair one for many folks: In a country where Christianity (though not always approved) is tolerated, have we become lethargic? Are we willing to welcome a world that feigns friendship with us? Do we let the world's thoughts and ideas into our homes through TV and radio and fashions, and accept it? Are we bearing Christ's light to the nations, or have we become too content with tolerance?

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 01:15:16 PM »

Which brings up another question, perhaps an unfair one for many folks: In a country where Christianity (though not always approved) is tolerated, have we become lethargic?

People who casually call themselves ‘Christian’ have always been lethargic.  Real Christians; no, I don’t think so.  

HOWEVER:  many real Christians have been “scared into lethargic action”.  This has been done by laws that will take away a church’s tax exempt status if those “in charge” (usually atheists) determine that politics are being 'taught' or suggested from the pulpit, as well as the wonderful folks down at the ACLU (Anti Christian Liberties Union) who threaten to sue over any public display of faith.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 01:15:47 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 11:48:25 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to AdamPorter, Willowbirch, & JudgeNot,

AMEN! - Great posts that I truly enjoyed. Thank you.

This is a topic that I've studied for many years and have very strong thoughts about. I won't hop up on the soapbox and bore you with a long rant about this subject. If you would like to see a condensed version of my soapbox rants, visit my "Separation of Church and State - The Big Lie" page on my web site:

http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/church.html

When I start on this subject, I have a hard time stopping and usually get upset. So, I'll simply say one sentence and quote one Scripture:

As a nation, America is turning its back on Almighty God, and silent Christians are letting it happen without standing up or so much as a whimper.

Psalms 33:12 - Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD: and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the