Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What about hte devil
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What about hte devil  (Read 1229 times)
gennex

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2004, 03:48:31 PM »

Hello out there...

What you guys think about the devil and his deamons
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 05:39:51 PM »

I think God will take care of it. Biblically, all we have to do is worship God, and he will smite evil. We are not here to fight Satan, we are here for God.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 01:18:49 PM »

Hello out there...

First of all, I believe they are real. Real and dangerous. It seems that so many people do not realize that they are at war - against invisible principalities, against the kingdom of the air. They side with evil because they do not recognize it as their enemy.

Often we may be tempted between two evils, one of which is obviously worse than the other; instead of avoiding them altogether, we tend to accept the lesser sin, because it "looks good" compared to another form of wickedness. This is a very clever tactic from the enemy. While we think we are doing good, we are still sinning.

Satan was once the most beautiful angel, the "morning star"; we are told that he grew selfish and proud and was cast from heaven.

He appears to Eve as a serpent; perhaps even a dragon. The Biblical name for certain angelic beings, "seraphim", literally means "fiery serpent". Isaiah tells us they also have wings. It may be that the form in which Eve saw Satan was not so different than his original shape. Throughout scripture, especially in Revelation, he is given the name serpent, or dragon; literally, a "fabulous dragon", large and terrible.

Satan, or the Devil, or the Accuser, is likened to a roaring lion eager to devour; he is our most powerful foe. He testifies to our guilt in court, and he hates mankind.

Satan often masquerades as an "angel of light"; that is, not only can he appear beautiful, but can convince us that he is God's own voice speaking through an angelic messenger.

Satan knows the scriptures; he knows truth, and can subtly twist it into a believable lie. He feeds on the pride of man and teaches them to doubt, while he himself is deceived.

We are not fighting on the losing side, however, for Christ promises that He will "crush the serpent's head". For a little while the evil one has power, but he must be defeated. In the meantime, Satan is a powerful figure in the world, a "prince of the air", a father of lies.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 01:26:03 PM »

Willowbirch said:
for Christ promises that He will "crush the serpent's head".

I understand there is a very good depiction of Christ doing just that in the upcoming movie "The Passion".

Yes, I agree the devil is dangerous, indeed.  We must be ever mindful, ever watchful; always praying.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 02:22:43 PM »

Hello out there...

First of all, I believe they are real. Real and dangerous. It seems that so many people do not realize that they are at war - against invisible principalities, against the kingdom of the air. They side with evil because they do not recognize it as their enemy.

Often we may be tempted between two evils, one of which is obviously worse than the other; instead of avoiding them altogether, we tend to accept the lesser sin, because it "looks good" compared to another form of wickedness. This is a very clever tactic from the enemy. While we think we are doing good, we are still sinning.

Satan was once the most beautiful angel, the "morning star"; we are told that he grew selfish and proud and was cast from heaven.

He appears to Eve as a serpent; perhaps even a dragon. The Biblical name for certain angelic beings, "seraphim", literally means "fiery serpent". Isaiah tells us they also have wings. It may be that the form in which Eve saw Satan was not so different than his original shape. Throughout scripture, especially in Revelation, he is given the name serpent, or dragon; literally, a "fabulous dragon", large and terrible.

Satan, or the Devil, or the Accuser, is likened to a roaring lion eager to devour; he is our most powerful foe. He testifies to our guilt in court, and he hates mankind.

Satan often masquerades as an "angel of light"; that is, not only can he appear beautiful, but can convince us that he is God's own voice speaking through an angelic messenger.

Satan knows the scriptures; he knows truth, and can subtly twist it into a believable lie. He feeds on the pride of man and teaches them to doubt, while he himself is deceived.

We are not fighting on the losing side, however, for Christ promises that He will "crush the serpent's head". For a little while the evil one has power, but he must be defeated. In the meantime, Satan is a powerful figure in the world, a "prince of the air", a father of lies.

Good post Willow!

I started a thread awhile back on devils but it seemed to just wither away - no interest then, I guess.

Evil is a very powerful force that no one seems to want to acknowledge in everyday life ie., chaos, confusion.  I think devils flit in and out of people unawares and think this is a sort of partial possession, especially when one hears people say they have no idea why they said something or other (when it happens frequently).  Too much of devils shenanigans (sp?) are just plain ignored or written off as something else.  They're more rampant than people recognize.  I think we need to have a good discussion on them but that's just my opinion.  They're very subtle and go undetected much too often (perfect MO).  I admit, it isn't a very pleasant subject and one could get really paranoid finding devils around every corner but they do need addressed.  

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the