Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:05:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Civic Ignorance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Civic Ignorance  (Read 1521 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:20:18 PM »

Being a person that prizes the value of knowledge through education (not to mention spiritual knowledge through and in God) I was embarrassed when I took a civics test by Intercollegiate Studies Institute American Civic Literacy Program even though I scored much better than many Senior collegiate level students and way better than our politicians. As poorly as I did at 76.3% I still faired better than many college professors. It is a sad situation and as a result we as a nation are about to repeat history. Even though this was primarily for civics it still points out a need that we have to know our own history.

How many know the exact cause of the American war for independence? You might just be surprised to learn the truth. What efforts if any did the founding fathers take to try to avert the war? How does all of this effect us today? What are the similarities between the incidents then and what is happening with our government today? Again I think that you will be surprised to see these answers and to know that we are not only allowing but actually the very cause of history repeating itself.

“For a wise, a knowing and a learned people are the least likely of any in the world to be enslaved.”—Samuel Webster, 1777

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana

The test for those that might want to see how they fair:

http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Edited To Add:  Brother, I share the exact same thoughts as you do. I just came from taking the test and scored 75.76%. I think that every American should take this test.

This is sad and quite true. I do plan to go take the test, and I hope to be able to pass it. Our Founding is something that I have cherished and given thanks for many times. Our Freedom to worship God is one of our most prized Rights among a list of other Rights that we often take for granted. The Christians in this country have been able to help people all over the world because of our Freedoms to do so.

We now live in a time where many want to erase history and take away our Rights and Freedoms. We must not allow this to happen - whatever it takes to stop it. Our entire way of life is at risk, and so is our ability to help the world and share the Gospel of the Grace of God - the GOOD NEWS. May God give us all the strength and courage to do His Will, and may we all ask God to work in and through us as He pleases.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:6-13 ASV  Seek ye Jehovah while he may be found; call ye upon him while he is near:  7  let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return unto Jehovah, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.  8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah.  9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  10  For as the rain cometh down and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, and giveth seed to the sower and bread to the eater;  11  so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  12  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing; and all the trees of the fields shall clap their hands.  13  Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir-tree; and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle-tree: and it shall be to Jehovah for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:02:18 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »

I should have done better then I did. I also agree with y'all, all Americans should see how much they know of American history.

You answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %

Average score for this quiz during July: 76.0%
Average score: 76.0%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average.

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email .

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Where to from here?

Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #8 -
Question #11 -
Question #25 -
Question #26 -

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the