Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ALWAYS JUST ON TIME
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALWAYS JUST ON TIME  (Read 2666 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2009, 07:37:26 AM »

Even when we are worried about a bad situation, our head knows that God takes care of all our needs. Do we believe in our hearts that He will actually do it? We may have doubts especially when it seems to be taking forever for Him to show His hand. It feels like almost an eternity. When He does finally step in, we are amazed that He was just in time! We are also amazed at how He accomplished it.

When we try to help Him and push things ahead a bit, we surely can mess His plans up. While He works His plans, He is always teaching us patience and building up our faith. How much faith and patience do we have when we feel our whole world is crumbling around us? God does test us in the middle of our devastating situations. Nothing is too hard for God.

Genesis 18:14-15a When the Lord told Sarah she would have a child when she was past child-bearing age, she laughed. It seemed to her like a funny impossible thing. The Lord spoke to Abraham and said: Is ANY THING too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee….” If God could cause Sarah to have a child when she was too old, why couldn’t He perform miraculous feats for us? God is the same yesterday, today and always. He can still do the impossible.

I am going to tell you my experiences when God rescued me just in time. This related to about 4 times I had to move and didn’t know what to do. Money was a major issue. This all came to my mind when a woman told another lady that our High Rise where I live will be sold in about a year.

At an earlier meeting we were told it would happen. The company owning it was bankrupt. She also told us if we think some things are bad now, it will be worse when someone else takes over. This place was originally for Senior Citizens and was pretty safe. Then questionable and younger people began to move in.

Another meeting, we had a speaker who dealt with drug problems and such. Our little town used to be pretty safe. He told us not to believe it. There was a lot of drug activity in the town and also in our High Rise. He told us to keep our doors locked at all times. He also said the drug lords are moving into small towns and everywhere.

Psalm 91 is my favorite scripture “He that dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Verse 5 “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor the arrow that flies by day.” Read it all. This kept me going when I lived in a really bad area, rampant with crime. There were two murders only a half block from me in two different directions. I slept soundly through it all; not even aware anything bad was going on. God was protected me.

I lived through more then that in other places so I know God will take care of me. What concerns me most is the money side of it. I won’t want to stay here if the place is sold and it gets bad. I can’t afford to stay anywhere else. I am then reminded of the times God found me reasonable places to live when I wasn’t even planning to move. He moved me unexpectedly and always just in time. I have to stand on the strength of those times and know God will do for me what He did before.

During my bad times, I was so disgusted,I walked off my job, packed up the little I had and moved to an unknown place with very little money and no job prospect. I wasn’t even saved yet but God still kept His eyes on me. He knew where I would be today and I would write about my bad and sometimes scary experiences.

I was fired from my job because I had to be away one day but was too early to report off. She was looking for an excuse to do so. She didn’t like me because I was a Yankee. She gave me my final pay. It was just enough to rent a motel room for a week and get a few non-perishable foods. I felt my life was over. I would die or become a bag lady.

I remembered a couple who used to try to get me and my husband (I left him because of his drinking) to go to church with them. I called them. They moved me into the motel, took me out to eat and then to their home. They talked to me about salvation. I never heard it before. Sunday morning at altar call, I went up front and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

There was a little grocery and junk store near where I lived. I bought food on charge. Not knowing why but I told her I would pay her as soon as I found another job. I told her but I didn’t believe it. She said there was an eighty year old woman up on the hill that needed someone to stay with her. She was afraid by herself.

This was Wednesday. I went up and was moved into her place by Friday just in time. No job for nine months but I did have a roof over my head and plenty to eat. And my first Bible (Gideon) to keep me constant company. I only had to drive her places she had to go. She was hard to get along with so I stayed in my room most of the time reading the Bible. I had nine months (a new birth!) to realy get to know it.

She bought me some clothes for mine weren’t very presentable but was all I had. This was my first experience I had with God taking over. I did eventually get other jobs.

The second time, I came back to my home area. My last job in the south was at a restaurant in Woolworth’s in North Carolina. I called the same company in Pittsburgh to see if they would hire me. When I got settled I could start working.

I found a place closer to where I would be working. I would only have to take one bus to get to work. It was a good distance. One day as I waited for a bus, a woman asked me if I knew anyone who needed an apartment. After I thought about it, I decided to look at it. It was roomy and the rent was in my range so I took it. God stepped in again and led the woman to ask me.

Five years later I talked to another woman as we waited for a bus. She mentioned where she lived. I asked her just where it was for I lived on that avenue also. I told her the address. She knew it was a garage apartment. She said the place was burnt down about five years ago. That was the time I moved!!! Again God moved me just in time.

It was here where I got raped when I was fifty five years old. I didn’t plan on moving again but I was a bit uncomfortable living there even though my attacker killed himself after he had done the deed. That is another story I have told in “Bless Them Who Curse You”. A woman who took me to church said she didn’t like me to stay there. The front was surrounded by high hedges and anyone could lurk there.

Her daughter had a little cottage for rent, also affordable. I moved there. It was O.K for awhile. In this place I just had to walk a couple blocks to get the bus. They decided to take that section of the route off. I would have to walk 1 ½ miles to get to the regular bus stop. It would be very dangerous when I worked late at night.

When I lived in the 6 room house, I had written Mini-Sermons in 1987 & ’88. I got 200 copies made at a little print shop close to my residence. I passed them out where I worked as a waitress. The people who ran the shop got to know me pretty well. I told her about the possibility of losing the bus route soon and I would have to walk the long distance to get a bus.

She told me she would have an apartment available in about a month or two. It was a big six room apartment above the shop. She had to give the tenant a month to get out. He was selling drugs from there. I moved in there before the buses were taken off in part of the old route. For the fourth time, God was just in time! Isn’t He amazing! He keeps His promises. I retired and moved to the High Rise. The rent was cheaper.

If you are in a bind and are at the end of your rope, remember God will rescue you JUST IN TIME! It will be better than you can ever imagine. I have heard testimony after testimony in my church how God had performed a miracle for them JUST IN TIME. His eye is on the sparrow. Are we any less? Trust Him. He won’t let you down.
God bless you.
 Smiley

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the