Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Share A Thought Or Portion Of Scripture
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share A Thought Or Portion Of Scripture  (Read 20188 times)
FAITHFILLED

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »

Hello all, I hope Jesus has been wonderful in everyone life.  I haven't been online here in some time.   I have soo many scriptures that I could share that I live by day by day but let me keep it short here. 

I have many friends that are from faiths where traditions and culture are important to their salvation.  Thank Jesus that he gave us a faith where the quality of our spirits are what is important to the Kingdom of Heaven.  I talk to people of faiths where they think who their families are will make them more important to God than others.  I am American by nationality and here in the USA we don't have ancient traditions or an ancient language but does any of that matter to our LORD JESUS?  By no means does it matter!  I had a man from overseas lecture me about how his faith is more valid because his language dates back 1000s of years.  He followed ancient customs and his family knows their bloodline back for centuries.  I said to him; "Wow that fascinating".  "Now teach me what Jesus says about salvation as far as anything that you feel makes you close to God".   As you can imagine, he became as quite as a mouse.

Jesus has given us a faith that all can believe in whether American, European, Latin American, African Asian, rich, poor, etc...  The Holy Spirit has no nationality and is attached to no single culture or set of traditions.  Jesus teaches us of the principles which govern the Kingdom of Heaven.   He spoke in parables so that only those who are listening with their hearts and not just their ears will hear him.  He rose with all authority given to him.  Jesus is the life and the resurrection.  Those who believe in him shall not die but have everlasting life.

Amen!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:20:08 PM by FAITHFILLED » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »

AMEN FAITHFILLED!

So True and Beautiful! God looks at the heart and could care less about pedigrees, gold, or other worldly things. The things that the world looks at don't amount to anything.

I was just reading before logging on and want to share a portion of Scripture.

Hebrews 1:1-3 ASV  God, having of old time spoken unto the fathers in the prophets by divers portions and in divers manners,  2  hath at the end of these days spoken unto us in his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds;  3  who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If we want to talk about real Glory and Majesty, we have to talk about God. Even the most destitute Christians are Children of the KING OF KINGS and have a full inheritance in Heaven waiting for them. Being rich or poor or having social status in this short life will mean absolutely nothing. In fact, I suspect that many of the very poor Christians in this short life will have more Crowns waiting for them in Heaven. Maybe it will be because they weren't corrupted with power, influence, and MONEY. Maybe they were just simple servants who loved God and gave Him a Higher Place in their lives.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 4:9-14 ASV  9  The Samaritan woman therefore saith unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, who am a Samaritan woman? (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.) 10 Jesus answered and said unto unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: whence then hast thou that living water? 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his sons, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Every one that drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:39:06 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

FAITHFILLED

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »

^^ Amen blackeyedpeas Wink
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 03:47:18 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This evil world is going downhill pretty rapidly, and I think that things are going to get more difficult for Christians by the day. We can see the signs around the world that the end days of this Age of Grace may be growing near. We need to remember that God is with us, and we are already purchased possessions of Jesus Christ.

We can also concentrate daily on the Promises of God and know that this short life is not all there is. Our Hope is not of this world, and our Hope hasn't changed. I was just reading the following portion of Scripture in several translations and want to share them with you.

Ephesians 1:18-23 KJV  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,  19  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,  20  Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,  21  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:  22  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,  23  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Ephesians 1:18-23 AMP  By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones),  19  And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength,  20  Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places],  21  Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come.  22  And He has put all things under His feet and has appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the church [a headship exercised throughout the church], [Ps. 8:6.]  23  Which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in all [for in that body lives the full measure of Him Who makes everything complete, and Who fills everything everywhere with Himself].

Ephesians 1:18-23 NLT  I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future he has promised to those he called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance he has given to his people.  19  I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power  20  that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.  21  Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else in this world or in the world to come.  22  And God has put all things under the authority of Christ, and he gave him this authority for the benefit of the church.  23  And the church is his body; it is filled by Christ, who fills everything everywhere with his presence.

I think this portion of Scripture is incredibly beautiful to read, study, and reflect on often. In short, we need to fix our eyes on Jesus Christ and His Glory.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:37:09 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'd like to share a beautiful portion of Scripture that can apply to us today. I realize that we aren't Israel, but let this portion of Scripture speak to you:

Nehemiah 1:5-11 (ESV)5 And I said, “O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, 6 let your ear be attentive and your eyes open, to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for the people of Israel your servants, confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you. Even I and my father's house have sinned. 7 We have acted very corruptly against you and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, and the rules that you commanded your servant Moses. 8 Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples, 9 but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there I will gather them and bring them to the place that I have chosen, to make my name dwell there.’ 10 They are your servants and your people, whom you have redeemed by your great power and by your strong hand. 11 O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants who delight to fear your name, and give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.” Now I was cupbearer to the king.

As a contrast, God has already been forming and completing HIS CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, so HE is already gathering us for an Eternal purpose, and we are already members of a Heavenly Kingdom. We need to come to HIM at least daily with a humbled heart and Thanksgiving for what HE has already done for us. HE'S already our KING OF KINGS, HEAVENLY FATHER, AND SAVIOUR. HE'S already rescued us from the curse of sin and death. Israel still awaits their MESSIAH in blindness while the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD already lives in our hearts.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:35:54 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »

Colossians 3:1-2 (ASV)1 If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth.

Brothers and Sisters, if we are saved and belong to Jesus Christ, we were raised together with Him. The moment we accepted Him as Lord and Saviour - we arose from the dead and were rescued from the curse of sin and death. In Him is Light and Life for Eternity. Our old condition was darkness and death. This makes a beautiful Bible Study when one puts everything together. As Christians, we are now in Christ - members of His Body. We have Eternal Life because Christ has Eternal Life. We are Children of the Light because Jesus Christ is the Light. Things just become more beautiful when we look at God's Promises to us.

Sadly, we know what will happen to the children of darkness, and we know their destination. As a stark contrast, we know our Destination with Christ for Eternity. Jesus Christ makes us fit for a Heavenly Inheritance that awaits us. Until then, we can be as lights in a dark and perverse world, and that is a reasonable service of Love for the One who Saved us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

2 Corinthians 3:2-5 (ASV)2 Ye are our epistle, written in our hearts, known and read of all men; 3 being made manifest that ye are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in tables [that are] hearts of flesh. 4 And such confidence have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God;

Brothers And Sisters,

Read carefully and think about the meaning of this portion of Scripture. The Apostle Paul makes numerous comparisons between the Law of Moses and the Grace and Love of God. Paul's Epistles are full of these stark comparisons because of the Greatness of The GOOD NEWS that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for the sins of mankind, and mankind could have Peace with God by believing who Jesus Christ is and what He did on the CROSS. The Law was cold and written on Stone, but the Grace and Love of God is now written and abides in the hearts of men who believe. The contrast couldn't be more stark.

Man is not sufficient in anything alone, but a believer is not alone. Under the Law, the Spirit of God lived in the HOLY OF HOLIES, and many death sentences were associated with the approach to the HOLY OF HOLIES. Now, THE SPIRIT OF GOD lives in the hearts of believers. The Hearts of Believers have become a Temple for the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD. Under the Law, this would have been a statement of blasphemy because only Levitical Priests could approach the HOLY OF HOLIES, and there were many ordinances and ceremonies even for the Levitical Priests to follow without facing death. Now, a new Babe in CHRIST has the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD LIVING in their hearts, and they can approach the THRONE OF GRACE in prayer day or night without the need of a Priest. Jesus Christ HIMSELF is the mediator between the Believer and our HEAVENLY FATHER. How wonderful and beautiful is this?

Now let's talk some about appreciation and love. As Christians, we can be and should be a pleasing Testimony before men. God wants to and can WORK IN AND THROUGH US to reach and help others. This is NOT a commanded service to GOD, but isn't this a reasonable service to GOD and others who may be without CHRIST in their lives? YES, and this service must be motivated by Love of CHRIST and those HE wants to draw to HIMSELF. We can be and are a LIVING STORY OF CHRIST - THE GOOD NEWS.

What is the GOSPEL or the GOOD NEWS? If you look at the ancient languages of the Bible, it would translate to:

THE GOOD TRUTH - THE STORY OF GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:50:00 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 03:07:21 PM »

Ephesians 5:22-33 (ASV)22 Wives, [be in subjection] unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, [being] himself the saviour of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so [let] the wives also [be] to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it; 26 that he might sanctify it, having cleansed it by the washing of water with the word, 27 that he might present the church to himself a glorious [church] , not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his own wife loveth himself: 29 for no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as Christ also the church; 30 because we are members of his body. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church. 33 Nevertheless do ye also severally love each one his own wife even as himself; and [let] the wife [see] that she fear her husband.

Brothers and Sisters,

The term "Marriage" is cheap today and mocked by much of the world. Sadly, many Christians either don't know or have forgotten that Marriage is Holy and Under God. Ephesians 5 contains God's instructions for Marriage, and you will see quickly that Marriage is serious and should never be taken lightly. Read Ephesians 5 carefully and you will see the priorities for a Godly, Christian Marriage. First, and most obviously, God must be the Head of the Home. Let the portion of Scripture speak for itself in the beautiful description of real Love.

The couple wanting to get married must first know what Marriage and Real Love are before setting a date. So, it's good to receive counseling from their pastor as the relationship starts to get serious. A happy Marriage is a Godly Marriage according to the instructions of the Holy Bible. Sadly, many marriages end in divorce in this day and time, so it's obvious that little or no attention was paid to God and His instructions. Bad endings result in tremendous misery, especially when children are involved. The solution is at the beginning:  the couple first yields themselves to God - and then to each other with God as the Head of the Home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'd like to share a portion of Scripture I'm reading now from Jesus. Please keep in mind this is during a time when Jesus has been rejected by most of His own, and He is even enduring mockery and claims that His miracles are of the devil.

John 10:1-18 (ASV)1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 When he hath put forth all his own, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. 7 Jesus therefore said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep. 12 He that is a hireling, and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, beholdeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth, and the wolf snatcheth them, and scattereth [them] : 13 [ he fleeth] because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know mine own, and mine own know me, 15 even as the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. 18 No one taketh it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment received I from my Father.

The Good Shepherd, True Shepherd, and Great Shepherd is Jesus Christ. Jesus is trying to explain things in a way that they will understand, and I think this is one of the most beautiful portions of Scripture in the Bible. The word "porter" in Verse 3 is an interesting word from the root port - an entry way - in context here - gate keeper. Truly, all others but Jesus Christ are thieves and robbers. Jesus Christ is the only one willing to lay down His life for His flock.

Jesus Christ is dealing with some mockers and unbelievers, and He goes on to explain several Verses later:

John 10:27-30 (ASV)27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who hath given [them] unto me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.

They considered his statement "I and the Father are one" to be blasphemy and they took up stones to stone Him. However, it wasn't time yet for Him to lay His life down, and He went away out of their hands. No man or mob had the power to take the life of Jesus Christ. When the time came, Jesus Christ willingly gave His life on the Cross, but He arose from the dead on the third day. Death has no power over Jesus Christ because He is very God. Jesus Christ is our living Lord and Saviour, and He can be your Lord and Saviour also. Once you become a member of His flock, He will never leave or forsake you, and no power can snatch you out of His hands. He is the Good Shepherd, and all others are thieves and robbers. He's already laid down His life for you, so He loves you like no other.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:01:17 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »

John 3:16-18 KJV  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16-18 is one of the most often read portions of Scripture because it contains a powerful Gospel Message of the Good News of Christ. It's all about God's Love and what He has done to rescue us from the curse of sin and death. It's a relatively small portion of Scripture, but it speaks volumes. The context surrounding this portion of Scripture is also beautiful. It's all about God's Love, a Love beyond human imagination. It's up to us whether we accept God's love or not. No person knows how long they might have to accept or reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour because everything except God is uncertain in this short life. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Read it, hear it, consider it, and accept it as the ultimate, absolute Truth. This lost and dying world has nothing to compare to the Love of God. Won't you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour right now?

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:1-5 KJV  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  2  The same was in the beginning with God.  3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.  5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »

Ephesians 1:6 KJV  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Ephesians 1:6 is a short portion of Scripture, but it's power-packed and speaks volumes. "His Glory" is one of the keys in this Verse - not our glory - His Alone. "His Grace" is another key in this Verse. We know that "Grace" means undeserved favor - and in this case - a Gift that we don't deserve and can't earn. His Grace and Gifts add to His Glory.

Who makes us "accepted in the beloved"? It isn't us or any man. The finished Work of Jesus Christ on the Cross is what makes us acceptable and fit for the Inheritance with the Saints in Light. Again, it's all about God's Glory and God's Work - not man. It's a wonderful and beautiful fact that we don't depend on ourselves for Salvation. Our faith in Jesus Christ is accounted as Righteousness. In other words, we depend on the Righteousness of Christ. The "Beloved" refers to the family of God who He loves in a way beyond human imagination. It's His Family, and every member in it is to His Glory. Think about this and give thanks, praise, and worship to the Holy One who rescued us from the curse of sin and death.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »

Philippians 3:8-10 KJV  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,  9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:  10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Read this carefully and understand what the Apostle Paul is saying. First, he prizes knowing Jesus Christ as His Lord and Saviour and says that the things of this world are as dung. The Apostle Paul literally did give up all things to know and preach Christ, but he firmly states that he doesn't have any righteousness of his own. Grace is a key point of his ministry because man can do nothing to earn or deserve God's favor. "The righteousness which is of God by faith" speaks volumes for the entire history of man - both the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Romans 10:1-4 KJV  Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.  2  For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.  3  For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.  4  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

People can't establish their own righteousness by obeying God's Laws. Man isn't capable of obeying God's Laws, and man has no righteousness of his own. This is one of the main reasons why Jesus Christ went to the Cross for us. We must yield to the Righteousness of Christ, and the only way to do that is by faith in Him. Christ is our righteousness. HOW BEAUTIFUL IS THIS?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 09:02:55 PM »

Ephesians 3:9-12  And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:  10  To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,  11  According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:  12  In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

The revelation of Jesus Christ is one of the most beautiful studies in the Bible. God refers to this as a "mystery" because the knowledge of Jesus Christ and the Cross were not known to men of previous ages. It's still not known very well by even Christians today. Briefly, Christians are one in Christ and are HIS CHURCH - a CHURCH not made with human hands - Eternal - THE BRIDE OF CHRIST - JOINED IN HIM FOR ETERNITY.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »

Romans 5:1-2 KJV  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:  2  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 15:4-7 KJV  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.  5  Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:  6  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  7  Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

Ephesians 1:15-23 KJV  Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,  16  Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;  17  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:  18  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,  19  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,  20  Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,  21  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:  22  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,  23  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Colossians 1:24-27 KJV  Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:  25  Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;  26  Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:  27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

We live in a day and age where this world is collapsing into evil and chaos, but God never changes. God keeps all of His Promises, and He alone is worthy of our trust and faith. It should be obvious that men and the governments of men are not trustworthy, so God is our Hope. He is the only One who will never leave of forsake us. Let us give thanks that He loves us and wants us with Him for Eternity. As Christians, we know that this short life is not all there is and this world is not our Home. Our citizenship is in Heaven and our riches are in Christ. Let us give thanks and praise the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 12:34:24 AM »

Ephesians 6:10-18 - 1 of 2

Ephesians 6:10-18  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

First, I think that the Apostle Paul uses descriptive language with things that he's familiar with, and so are the people that he's preaching to. Several examples would include a race, a fight, and finishing his course as a good and faithful servant of God. The Apostle Paul spent a lot of time in prison and was well familiar with the appearance of Roman soldiers - just as all Christians were at the time. Christians were being horribly persecuted and martyred in great numbers during that time. I think that the Apostle Paul was using an analogy of armour:  one being the physical armour like that of the Roman soldiers and one being the spiritual armour of the Christian. As we know, the Apostle Paul didn't fear death and knew that simply meant "absent from the body and present with the Lord". Paul considered the later far better.

First, the Apostle Paul knew that Jesus Christ would win all battles and conflicts between the powers of LIGHT versus the powers of darkness. We also know that real war is much more than flesh and blood. If we are in Christ, we have already won the war because we know the outcome and the victor. So Paul and the other Christian martyrs didn't lose their battles in physical death - they won. The best way I know to describe this portion of Scripture is "exhortations regarding Christian warfare".

Let's look at the much larger picture first. We have no idea how long the battle has been raging between the forces of LIGHT and the forces of darkness, but we do know that it was far before God created mankind. It's impossible for us to look at things from God's perspective because His ways are far past us finding out. All we can do is read His Word and study what He has provided for us - what He wants us to know. God does tell us that 1 day for Him could be like a thousand years, and this is a way of telling us that human measurements are insufficient to describe something as simple as time. I say simple, but we are in wonder when we know that God has no beginning and no end. Let's go back before man and know there was and is a war beyond human comprehension. To over simplify things, on one side is the Glory of God and the other competing side is the glory of the devil. How long has the battle been raging, and by who's standards of measurement would we use? It certainly wouldn't be by the measurements of man.

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

We are weak - He is strong. He is our "all in all" - our strength, our righteousness, and our victory that we know is already won.

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

The more effective and useful a Christian is, the more that he or she will be attacked by the devil. Keep in mind that the Holy Spirit of God resides in our heart as a guide and comforter. We can also have a daily and most personal relationship with God that includes feeding our spirit, reading the Word, prayer, fellowship with other Christians, and much more. So, where is our strength? It certainly isn't in or of ourselves. This leads into a description of the armour God will give us for Christian warfare.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This one is fairly self-explanatory and speaks volumes. Again, where is our strength - not our flesh and blood? Who is our most powerful enemy - not flesh and blood? The devil is constantly working to make us give up and knock us out of the fight. The devil attacks us with his entire arsenal, so what is in our arsenal as Children of God? It certainly isn't our physical strength or prowess. The devil wants to glorify himself by defeating us, minimizing our effectiveness, destroying our testimony before men, and discouraging us from yielding ourselves to the use and will of God. The devil accuses us continually - trying to discredit us before men and make us ineffective for God's use.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the