Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hot and cold Christians
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hot and cold Christians  (Read 4080 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

what is the difference between hot and cold Christians? I know what lukewarm is

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »

what is the difference between hot and cold Christians? I know what lukewarm is

Hello Brother David,

I think there would be many opinions about how to define "Hot" or "Cold" Christians. There are many portions of Scripture in the Bible that describe "that your joy might be more full". These are instructions for victorious Christian living in CHRIST. The further away from these instructions, the "colder" the Christian will be. We would actually be talking about that person's daily relationship and fellowship with God. It's one thing to just be SAVED and quite another to LIVE FOR CHRIST AND IN CHRIST.

Some Christians are so cold that nobody knows they are Christians. They act like the world, and they never try to do anything for the LORD. It might even be rare for them to mention the LORD. Everyone would have varying opinions, but I think you get the general idea. Some people think they are wonderful Christians by just warming a church pew 1 hour a week.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 127:3-5 ASV  3  Lo, children are a heritage of Jehovah; And the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, So are the children of youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: They shall not be put to shame, When they speak with their enemies in the gate.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »

it sounds like I am a cold Christian then. Better than lukewarm.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »

Hello Brother David,

I know that you spend time every day trying to educate yourself in the things of the LORD. I also know that you talk to other people about the LORD on a regular basis. You don't just sit in a church pew 1 hour a week, and now you know why I said that everyone would have a different opinion about what a "cold" or "hot" Christian is.

Brother David, it really doesn't matter what I think, but I don't think that you are a cold Christian. What matters are your personal convictions and your personal relationship with God. You and I both have health limitations, so neither one of us is going to Africa to be a missionary or any number of other labors of love for God that require robust health. If we listen to the Holy Spirit within us, God will lead us to do things that we're capable of doing. I want to share some additional thoughts about this with you by email. It's obvious to me that you've felt led to do something for God many times, and you did it.

Brother David, I think that you're being to harsh on yourself. If you feel led to do more for God, I have some ideas for you. Maybe you are feeling a conviction to do more, and there are large numbers of things that don't require health - just some love, care, and effort. I want to tell you more in an email, but the convictions you are sharing here indicate to me that you want to serve the LORD more. That's the Holy Spirit working in your heart. If you're feeling bad about what you do or don't do, pray and ask God to help you - show you the way that he wants you to serve HIM. Believe me, GOD can use all of us, regardless of health. Please give me just a little bit of time, and I'll share some ideas with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:45:55 PM »

Please forgive me for sounding like a broken record.

As you know, I have trouble praying. Usually it is forgetting. Sometimes it is...oh oh...it's because I am too tired because I stay on computer too long. In morning, I am too quick to get on computer. This explain alot.

My computer is getting more attention than God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:02 PM »

Brother David,

I'm almost sure that I'm hearing about convictions from you that you want to change what you do or don't do and better serve the LORD. You know that you can use your computer for the LORD. In fact, there are many ways that health-limited Christians can use a computer. In fact, the computer makes many things easier for Christians of varying health to do all kinds of positive things for the LORD. Another example obviously involves your personal Bible Study that can be made much easier for people with disabilities. It's also your link to unlimited quantities of wholesome, Christian materials. I'm not hinting that you should devote every minute of every day to work and service, but I am hinting that you listen to your own convictions about change. You can use that computer for many positive changes, and it opens up many ways to serve the LORD. I'll give you some ideas later, and you can try whatever you feel led to do.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:6 ASV  6  And because ye are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:54:17 AM »

I was going to stay off computer today but that wouldn't solve anything.

Now don't say I am but I am not very smart. Most stuff that goes into my head, comes back out. So I need something that doesn't require knowledge of Bible verses.

I will listen to my convictions.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »

GOOD MORNING BROTHER DAVID AND ALL!

Brother David, you should have gotten an email from me just a few minutes ago. I got busy with some things that I've wanted to do for a long time, so I apologize for being late. I hope that you like some of the ideas I gave you.

I did have some coffee several hours ago, but I'm thinking about an old-guy nap in a few minutes if I can go to sleep.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

I was going to stay off computer today but that wouldn't solve anything.

Now don't say I am but I am not very smart. Most stuff that goes into my head, comes back out. So I need something that doesn't require knowledge of Bible verses.

I will listen to my convictions.

Brother David,

I just remembered that you can also do graphics because I remember them, and you made one for me. I know that I still have it, but I've changed computers. Making more graphics is something else that I'd like to do. You'd be surprised how many people love Christian graphics. Bible Verse graphics are my favorite ones to do. I really don't know how many I've made over the years, but they're fun and relaxing to do. I also collect graphics as one of my hobbies, and I think that I have way over 15,000. I actually have about 11,000 of them organized in a way that I can find and use them. Another hobby I have is compiling Christian quotes for several different kinds of quote programs. I was very surprised to find out that there are very few quotes compiled for Christians to use. Again, my favorite quotes to compile are Bible Verses. These are just a few examples of ways that Christians can use computers to serve the LORD. I like Bible Verses the most because God Promises that HIS WORD will never return void. HIS WORD will always accomplish HIS Perfect Will and Purpose.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ezekiel 39:1-7 ASV   1  And thou, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal:  2  and I will turn thee about, and will lead thee on, and will cause thee to come up from the uttermost parts of the north; and I will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel;  3  and I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.  4  Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy hordes, and the peoples that are with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.  5  Thou shalt fall upon the open field; for I have spoken it, saith the Lord Jehovah.  6  And I will send a fire on Magog, and on them that dwell securely in the isles; and they shall know that I am Jehovah.  7  And my holy name will I make known in the midst of my people Israel; neither will I suffer my holy name to be profaned any more: and the nations shall know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 08:04:38 AM »

I didn't get far in that graphic program. I couldn't figure out how to add graphics.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 08:08:19 AM »

Brother David,

I don't want to leave good company, but I must try some rest. Have a great day and KEEP LOOKING UP! I'll holler at you later - that's Oklahoma for talk soon.   Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

I didn't get far in that graphic program. I couldn't figure out how to add graphics.

Hello Brother David,

I suggested DeKnop Button Maker because I like it, but there are many other graphics programs that might be easier to use. Regardless, that was just an idea for using your computer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Acts 10:42 ASV  And he charged us to preach unto the people, and to testify that this is he who is ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and the dead.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »

so many to choose from. Thank you for suggestion.  Grin

Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:29 PM »

David:

I suspect that you may think of praying as some sort of duty and that if you don't pray regularly you are less of a Believer.  If I am reading you correctly that is erroneous and bothersome belief.  Think of praying as talking to God.  You can talk to Him any place and any time about anything, even at the computer.  There is no "proper" way or time to pray.  He is your Heavenly Father.  Talk to Him as your Father and friend.  And the Bible does not tell us how often we "must" pray.  So talk to Him as anyone with whom you have a loving relationship.  Much praying in Christianity is religious habit (before meals, before Sunday School lesson, before sermon, before trips, etc.).  Not that that is necessarily bad.  It's just not commanded.

In His Service,
Bob Allen
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »

thank you brother Bob

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the