Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need your help Ladies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need your help Ladies  (Read 4060 times)
Wren

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2003, 07:56:41 PM »

Somewhat at the end of my rope, I ask you fine ladies of this forum for your help and advice.
Last June 9th, my wifes mother passed away unexpectly and in the presence of my wife, no less.  I have never seen anyone so devistated! The evening after the funeral I had to literally drag her off the grave so we  could go home. Its not much better even today. She breaks down crying at least once a day and probably more but I'm not there to see it. She is inconsolable and refuses to seek counseling. I have two requests. Any insight you women could share with me as to how to help her would be simply wonderful, I'll try anything at this point. Also, if anyone was so inclined, any solace or advice you could offer her would help a lot in my opinion. Her e-mail is lynetter40@hotmail.com      In advance, I thank you for any help, advice, ao suggestions. I know our Good Lord and most Holy Savior will get us thru this, but it would be great to "smooth the road" so to speak. Also, I'd as soon she not know I've made this request. She's a little touchy these days but I love her with all my heart. Thxxxxxxx! God bless..........

...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.....
IrishAngel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 10:17:23 AM »

Hi Wren, I know a forum your wife might find helpful if you`d like to pass it on to her. Gods blessing on you both!

http://www.beyondindigo.com/
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 10:47:15 PM »

The only advice I can give is to get the grief out. Everyone grieves at different rates - for some people, the grief is over by the end of the wake, for some people, they grieve for years. But one thing is certain - its better that your wife expresses her grief than hides it away. If you grieve in public, and talk about it, then it tends to last less than if you don't tell anyone you're grieving.

Have you tried getting your pastor or a hospital chaplain to see her? I know quite a few people who have found them really helpful, giving Christian advice, but not in a "counselling" context, which can be a bit scary.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Wren

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 09:29:41 AM »

I was able to ge her to go to the Indigo site, she made a candle tribute but that was about all. I hope she will explore it when I'm not around, shes pretty private about it all with me in light of my efforts to have her seek counseling. As far a clergy, she pretty resistant to that idea, I'm not certain why. It's almost as though she clings to the hurt, protecting it. She is a VERY different person from a year ago. Thank you ladies, I'll continue to nudge her in those directions, and pray heavily. God bless.

...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.....
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 11:26:28 AM »

hi..The Wren ..
i would love to send your wife something to maybe encourage her but um just so i know how would we without her finding out how we knew she had lost her mom?im not trying to be smart or anything rude this is an honest ? id love to send something her way,,, cant promise id be much help but willing to try,,
also did you realise on your porfile it says your female?
 Smiley

TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the