Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:09:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A dream that had to come from God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A dream that had to come from God  (Read 5549 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »

Two nights ago I asked God to reassure me that I have salvation.

Last night I had a dream that the Rapture had happened and I was left behind. I knew it was because I kept doubting my salvation. I pleaded with God to save me and didn't doubt again. It finally became time for everyone to either go to heaven or hell. I was told to go to the line that was going to hell. I asked God why? I fully trusted him to save me.
Just then two people approach me and said there was a delayed correction. My heart was cleaned and was going to heaven. I started praising God and thanking him.

God has given me reassurance.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

GOOD MORNING BROTHER DAVID AND ALL,

I think that you can have assurance of Salvation without dreams. In fact, I would trust conscious thoughts of the mind and heart more while awake.

Brother, I really don't know much about dreams and how they might figure into things. The Salvation question boils down to what you believe, and I think that you would know what you believe best while you're awake. I'm not trying to discount your dream, and I certainly put no limits on what GOD does.

I do know that GOD doesn't make any mistakes and that GOD'S Plan of Salvation is very simple. The Apostle Paul spoke to many in his ministry about GOD'S Grace and Love in comparison to the Law of Moses. The big point that Paul made was that no man was ever Saved by the Law, and no man could be saved with the Law. There was much confusion among the Jews with the Law because the Law is what they were taught. Paul taught them about a LAW that was always true throughout history - before and after the Cross - The LAW OF FAITH!

Romans 10:4-13  For Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to every one that believeth.  5  For Moses writeth that the man that doeth the righteousness which is of the law shall live thereby.  6  But the righteousness which is of faith saith thus, Say not in thy heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down:)  7  or, Who shall descend into the abyss? (That is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)  8  But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach:  9  because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:  10  for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame.  12  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him:  13  for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Apostle Paul spoke of himself as being the least worthy because he hunted, persecuted, and killed Christians before he accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. In contrast, he talked about belief in Jesus Christ and how that belief was not in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:1-10  Now I make known unto you brethren, the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye received, wherein also ye stand,  2  by which also ye are saved, if ye hold fast the word which I preached unto you, except ye believed in vain.  3  For I delivered unto you first of all that which also I received: that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  4  and that he was buried; and that he hath been raised on the third day according to the scriptures;  5  and that he appeared to Cephas; then to the twelve;  6  then he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain until now, but some are fallen asleep;  7  then he appeared to James; then to all the apostles;  8  and last of all, as to the child untimely born, he appeared to me also.  9  For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.  10  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

In fact, the Apostle Paul talked about how men of all ages were Saved, and it was always through Faith in God and not by the Law of Moses. Faith in GOD were accounted as Righteousness to Abraham and David, and that was long before the Cross. How MUCH MORE would these things be TRUE after the CROSS when Jesus Christ Himself died on the Cross for the sins of men who would believe. NOW, THE LAW OF FAITH in JESUS CHRIST sets men completely free from the "curse of sin and death". Finally, GOD is completely pleased and satisfied with a Perfect Sacrifice who was JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF on the CROSS. Before, men made sacrifices and burnt offerings for their sins and had temporary forgiveness and peace with GOD. Continuing sacrifices and offerings were necessary because no man was perfect and all men sinned. Abraham and David sinned, but they had FAITH in GOD. They were not always at Peace with GOD because of their sin, but they were SAVED because of GOD'S GREAT LOVE, GRACE, and their FAITH in GOD. Paul kept explaining how MUCH MORE NOW since JESUS CHRIST paid the Perfect Price and the Perfect Sacrifice on the Cross. NOW, men of FAITH in GOD could not only be SAVED, but they could have EVERLASTING PEACE WITH GOD because of the Perfect and Completed Work of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. Man has never been SAVED by works or the Law of Moses.

Ephesians 2:1-10  And you did he make alive, when ye were dead through your trespasses and sins,  2  wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit that now worketh in the sons of disobedience;  3  among whom we also all once lived in the lust of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest: -  4  but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,  5  even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace have ye been saved),  6  and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus:  7  that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus:  8  for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;  9  not of works, that no man should glory.  10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them.

No man can please GOD with man's righteousness or man's work, but GOD is completely Pleased with the Righteousness and Work of JESUS CHRIST - The SON OF GOD THE FATHER HIMSELF - THE CREATOR - ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF - ONE WITH THE FATHER!

Titus 3:4-7  But when the kindness of God our Saviour, and his love toward man, appeared,  5  not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,  6  which he poured out upon us richly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour;  7  that, being justified by his grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

To Be Continued.............

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:52:55 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 11:09:25 AM »

The Ministry of the Apostle Paul was difficult because the Jews had only known the Law of Moses, and most of them didn't know or understand the difference between works under the Law and works as appreciation to GOD. Circumcision was an act under the Law of Moses, and that's why the Jews were known as the Circumcision in the Holy Bible.

As a contrast, the Gentiles had been viewed as unclean and unfit to share in the Holy Things of GOD, and the Gentiles were known as the Uncircumcision. JESUS CHRIST changed all of this. We must keep in mind that no man was ever able to keep all of the Law, Jew or not, and that's why GOD'S WORD speaks of JESUS CHRIST fulfilling all of the Law most perfectly. Why? HE was GOD made manifest in the flesh and the ONLY one who was ever able to keep all of the Law in perfection and holiness. For the same reason, HE was the only PERFECT AND HOLY ONE able to make a ONCE FOR ALL PERFECT SACRIFICE, one that would be completely Pleasing and Acceptable to GOD the FATHER Forever. GOD was never happy or satisfied with the sacrifices and burnt offerings of men for their sins, but GOD was completely Pleased with the PERFECT SACRIFICE OF CHRIST ON THE CROSS.

Romans 4:1-25  What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, hath found according to the flesh?  2  For if Abraham was justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not toward God.  3  For what saith the scripture? And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.  4  Now to him that worketh, the reward is not reckoned as of grace, but as of debt.  5  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is reckoned for righteousness.  6  Even as David also pronounceth blessing upon the man, unto whom God reckoneth righteousness apart from works,  7  saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, And whose sins are covered.  8  Blessed is the man to whom, the Lord will not reckon sin.  9  Is this blessing then pronounced upon the circumcision, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say, To Abraham his faith was reckoned for righteousness.  10  How then was it reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision:  11  and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while he was in uncircumcision; that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be in uncircumcision, that righteousness might be reckoned unto them;  12  and the father of circumcision to them who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham which he had in uncircumcision.  13  For not through the law was the promise to Abraham or to his seed that he should be heir of the world, but through the righteousness of faith.  14  For if they that are of the law are heirs, faith is made void, and the promise is made of none effect:  15  for the law worketh wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.  16  For this cause it is of faith, that it may be according to grace; to the end that the promise may be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all  17  (as it is written, A father of many nations have I made thee) before him whom he believed, even God, who giveth life to the dead, and calleth the things that are not, as though they were.  18  Who in hope believed against hope, to the end that he might become a father of many nations, according to that which had been spoken, So shall thy seed be.  19  And without being weakened in faith he considered his own body now as good as dead (he being about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb;  20  yet, looking unto the promise of God, he wavered not through unbelief, but waxed strong through faith, giving glory to God,  21  and being fully assured that what he had promised, he was able also to perform.  22  Wherefore also it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.  23  Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was reckoned unto him;  24  but for our sake also, unto whom it shall be reckoned, who believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,  25  who was delivered up for our trespasses, and was raised for our justification.

Continued..........

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:27 AM »

As Christians, we are SAVED by Faith in JESUS CHRIST. We also have PEACE WITH GOD. We obviously don't deserve what GOD has freely given to us, and there is no way that we can ever earn what GOD has freely given to us. GOD provided a WAY for us to be SAVED from the curse of sin and death and have PEACE with HIM FOR ETERNITY! The ONLY WAY is JESUS CHRIST - OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER!

Romans 5:1-21  Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ;  2  through whom also we have had our access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  3  And not only so, but we also rejoice in our tribulations: knowing that tribulation worketh stedfastness;  4  and stedfastness, approvedness; and approvedness, hope:  5  and hope putteth not to shame; because the love of God hath been shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit which was given unto us.  6  For while we were yet weak, in due season Christ died for the ungodly.  7  For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: for peradventure for the good man some one would even dare to die.  8  But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, shall we be saved from the wrath of God through him.  10  For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by his life;  11  and not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.  12  Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned: -  13  for until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law.  14  Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a figure of him that was to come.  15  But not as the trespass, so also is the free gift. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God, and the gift by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound unto the many.  16  And not as through one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment came of one unto condemnation, but the free gift came of many trespasses unto justification.  17  For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ.  18  So then as through one trespass the judgment came unto all men to condemnation; even so through one act of righteousness the free gift came unto all men to justification of life.  19  For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the one shall the many be made righteous.  20  And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly:  21  that, as sin reigned in death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Love In Christ,
Tom

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »

Amen Beeps.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the