Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Walking In White
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking In White  (Read 1356 times)
Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »

Walking In White 

Tom Hayes

“Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk
with Me in white: for they are worthy” (Rev. 3:4).
The white cliffs of Dover form part of the British coastline facing both the Strait of Dover
and the country of France. Part of the North Downs formation, the cliff face, which reaches the
height of 106 metres, owes its brilliant appearance to its composition of chalk infiltrated with
streaks of black flint. The cliffs spread east and west from the town of Dover in the county of
Kent, an old but still important English port.
The cliffs have great representative value for Britain because they face towards Continental
Europe across the narrowest part of the English Channel, a scene in which the cliffs often became
a guard against threatening invasions. Also, since crossing at Dover was the basic route to the
continent before the time of air travel, the white cliffs afforded travelers their first sight of the
United Kingdom.
Tours are available for travelers to walk near the white cliffs of Dover. On a sunny day, the
tourist can see France very easily. Beautiful to say the least, the white cliffs are covered with
greens and yellows dropping steeply into the turquoise sea. From the cliffs to the lighthouse and
back is a four-mile trip. All tourists admit that walking the white cliffs of Dover is a special
experience. But, the Bible informs us that walking in white is also quite a spiritual experience.
Walking in white corresponds with a life of purity! The pure ones were not many in number.
In fact, Jesus said that there were only a “few” in Sardis who had not “defiled their garments.”
Through divine enablement, this handful of people had walked in divine light. And, Jesus saw
them and commended them for their purity. Since garments often speak of testimony in the
Scriptures, these believers had a becoming testimony in an unbecoming world.
Walking in white connects to a life of progress! “They shall,” the Lord Jesus promised,
“walk with Me in white.” Not only have they kept their lives undefiled by the world, but they will
continue to walk in an undefiled fellowship. Again, we are reminded of the privilege of walking
with Jesus, and we are also reminded that the only true progress of one’s life is by moving along
the pilgrim pathway with Him.
Walking in white computes for a life of praiseworthiness! “They are worthy.” This is not the
opinion of these particular believers about themselves. Neither are these the comments of other
believers about these saints. Rather, this is the true evaluation of the Lord Jesus Himself. If He
says one is worthy, then we can believe that he or she is worthy. In this day of impure, stagnant,
and unworthy religion, may we be numbered with those who “walk in white.”

(1 Pet 5:6-7)  "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: {7} Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
http://www.myspace.com/chandru777
Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »

Godly men who had good conscience
"Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:" - 1 Timothy 1:19
1. Good conscience of morality
"For indeed I was stolen away out of the land of the Hebrews: and here also have I done nothing that they should put me into the dungeon."
- Genesis 40:15
2. Good conscience of honesty
"And he said unto them, The LORD is witness against you, and his anointed is witness this day, that ye have not found ought in my hand. And they answered, He is witness."
- 1 Samuel 12:5
3. Good conscience of integrity
"My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live."
- Job 27:6
4. Good conscience of accountability
"My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt."
- Daniel 6:22
5. Good conscience of santity
"For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord."
- 1 Corinthians 4:4

(1 Pet 5:6-7)  "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: {7} Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:47:04 AM »

OBEDIENCE THAT BLESSES OTHERS
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith (1Tim 4:7)
TEXT: 1 Luke 5:1-10
Luke 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
Luke 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
Luke 5:3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
Luke 5:4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
Luke 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
Luke 5:6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
Luke 5:7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
Luke 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
Luke 5:9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
Luke 5:10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.
Luke 5:11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

KEY POINT: When we respond to the calling of God it not only blesses us, but those that are around us.

i.   Common courtesy is like a secret code of ethics that people use.  Saying thank you for something, holding a door open, letting someone go ahead of you in the grocery line when you have a bunch of itmes and they have one.  Just showing your self friendly helps your own character, but even more blesses those that are around you. 

ii.   Many times we come to church because we need something from God or we’re doing our best to maintain our spiritual walk and are trying to grow in the eye’s of God.  But there is a time when we need to be obedient to the Spirit of God and to the principles that are found all through out the word of God, being a blessing to someone else!

The 5 principles of Obedience to the Spirit of God

1.   Obedience of hearing the word (Rom 10:17)
2.   Obedience of faith (Rom 16:26)
3.   Obedience of surrender (Rom 6:13)
4.   Obedience of sacrifice (Rom 12:1)
5.   Obedience service (Acts 26:19-20)
6.   Then there’s the Obedience of being a blessing to others

•   Facts on the Book of Luke:
•   Luke=Luminous, or light
•   Written by Luke during 68-63 AD and covers a period of 34 yrs.  Within the 24 chapters of Luke’s writings, parables, miracles, teachings, and Calvary are all recorded.   Very detailed gospel such as Matt.
•   Luke describes Jesus as: Son of God, God my Savior, horn of Salvation, A light to the Gentiles, Friend of Sinners, Good Master, Lord of the Sabbath, The Glory of Israel……
•   Key Verse 19:10 For the Son of man has come to seek and save that which was lost.
BEING A BLESSING TO OTHERS:

Luke 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,

i.   The People Pressed upon him= That the people of God would press into the church to hear the preaching of the Word of God.  (Concerts, sports analogy)
ii.   Hear the word of God: The word “hear” is “akoo” to give audience, to understand
iii.   The word is supposed to build you up, but it’s also to break you down, to make you feel unfortable at times.  It’s to break your flesh that your spirit may be strong!

Luke 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.

i.   Saw two ships standing by:  The ships were “idle”.  (Jesus picked Simon’s boat)
ii.   They were washing there nets: How many people out there are leaving there boats empty and washing there own nets?
iii.   Exhortation: It’s our job to tell people that there boats don’t have to be empty and washing there own nets

Luke 5:3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.

i.   Prayed him to thrust out a little: First act of Faith was being required. Some people you can’t even mention the name of Jesus, they’ll either run or shut the conversation down.
ii.   But there’s other’s who know about the mercy and goodness of Jesus!
iii.   Sat down, taught the people out of the ship: Jesus is sitting down which was the common posture of Jewish teachers. The lake was like an amphitheater, perfect for speaking to a large audience.  Small cool breeze over the still lake.

Luke 5:4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.

i.   When he had left speaking: after he preached (Example of Church preaching)
ii.   Launch out/Let your nets down for a catch=Taking of your vessels (Example of taking your ministy/gifts)
iii.   Backslidding and personally being on fire!

Luke 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
Luke 5:6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

i.   [Master] translated The word here used means a "prefect," or one placed "over" others, and "teacher" or "guide."
ii.   Toiled all night and have taken nothing:  “Toiled” to work hard.  It can get very discouraging and frustrating when you’ve been working, handling your business and you feel like your not getting anywhere.
iii.   Nevertheless at the word: Peter gives us the example here of responding to the word of God and acting upon the word of God
iv.   When they had this done: The blessings came forth

Luke 5:7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.

i.   They beckoned their partners: “beckoned” to make signals.
ii.   They came, filled both the ships: This is where odedience blessed others

Luke 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

i.   [He fell down at Jesus' knees] This was a common posture of "supplication." He had no doubt now of the power and knowledge of Jesus. In amazement, wonder, and gratitude, and not doubting that he was in the presence

1 Cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Cor 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Cor 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

•   Henry Longfellow could take a worthless piece of paper, write a poem on it, and make it worth $6,000. That is Genius
•   Rockefeller can sign his name to a piece of paper, and make it worth millions.  That is capital
•   Uncle Sam can take gold or silver, stamp an eagle on it, and make it worth a dollar, that is called money
•   A machinist can take material worth $5.00 and make an article worth $50.00.  That is skill
•   An artist can take a piece of fifty-cent canvas and paint a picture on it worth $1,000. That is art.
•   God can take a worthless sinful life, wash it with his blood, put his Spirit in it, and make it a blessing to all humanity.  That is called salvation!

Ps 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Luke 5:9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
Luke 5:10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

i.   [Fear not] He calmed their fears. With mildness and tenderness he stilled all their troubled feelings, and to their surprise announced that henceforward they should be appointed as heralds of salvation.
ii.   [Shalt catch men] Thou shalt be a minister of the gospel, and thy business shall be to win people to the truth that they may be saved

Luke 5:11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

Closing:

•   Noah blessed others by building an Ark by faith
•   Moses blessed others by his obedience and delivered the Israelites out of Egypt
•   Paul blessed others with his missionary work
•   Timothy blessed others through his Pastoral Leadership
•   David blessed others with his example for being a man after God’s own heart
•   And the Apostles blessed others because:  They were in fellowship with Jesus, obedient to his commands, were in one accord with each other, honored the scripture, prayed, were filled with the Spirit, Continued steadfastly in the doctrine, obeyed God rather than man, counted it worthy to suffer shame for Christ, and witnessed daily.
•   Jesus healed, preached to the multitudes, feed the hungry, comforted, showed mercy and went to Calvary

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »

HOW DOES THE HOLY GHOST IN US MAKE US LIKE JESUS? THREE WAYS:

1. The Holy Ghost uses TRUTH to produce Christ-like character.

2 Timothy 3:15-17, Psalm 19:7-11, Psalm 119:9, 50, 105, 130, Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 4:12, Romans 15:4, 1 John 5:13, Psalm 1:2-3, Matthew 4:4, John 15:7, John 17:17, Ephesians 6:17, Acts 20:32

2. The Holy Ghost uses PEOPLE to produce Christ-like character.

Ephesians 4:11-16, Titus 1:13, 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Hebrews 13:16-17, 1 Peter 4:8-10, 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, 1 Peter 5:5, Galatians 6:1-5, Romans 12:9-21, Matthew 5:23-24

3. The Holy Ghost uses CIRCUMSTANCES to produce Christ-like character.

2 Corinthians 4:17 (KJV) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

2 Corinthians 4:17 (NIV) For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:44:48 AM »

Gossip, The Devil’s Mailbag
Rev. William Chapman

Week Used:
Read goals and guidelines.

Soul-winner’s Report: Tell of the some good things that are happening with your personal evangelism.  (*Personal evangelism is your personal soul winning effort)

ICEBREAKER:  What is your favorite thing to talk about?

WORSHIP:

EDIFICATION:  Read James 3:2-12 and Luke 6:45.

An old Welsh proverb reads, “Lord, remind us that a gossip’s mouth is the devil’s mailbag”.  The apostle James warned us in chapter 3 and verse 8 that the tongue is unruly and full of deadly poison.  He saw first hand what lies and gossip can do to a person when first he saw Jesus crucified and then some of his own fellow apostles tortured and killed.  It doesn’t take long before a rumor, spread by gossip, kindles a kind of wild fire that quickly goes out of control.  Churches have been split, families have been splintered and lives ruined all because of gossip.  It is the devil’s plan to disrupt and destroy all of the work of God he can and one of his favorite tools is gossip.  The next time you hear some juicy tidbit about someone why don’t you remember the little Welsh proverb and refuse to let your mouth be “The Devil’s Mailbag”.
Discussion:

Have you ever had some gossip spread on you?  How did it make you feel?

Read Lev. 19:16 and Luke 6:45.  After reading these two scriptures discuss what God’s opinion is of gossip and the gossiper.

Read Proverbs 18:8, 26:20-22.  The term “innermost Belly” is referring to the soul of a man or woman. 
When an individual is involved in the sin of gossip, they are actually taking part in damaging the very soul of a person.  Discuss how and why ones soul can be wounded by gossip.  (*Gossip, true or untrue, is humiliating and degrading. Individuals who have suffered humiliation will withdraw into themselves in order to avoid facing people and later become bitter.)

Proverb 16:28 and 17:9 refers to gossip between friends.  How does gossip ruin friendships and how can a friendship be healed after a soul has been wounded by gossip?

Gossip destroys!  Have you been involved with the sin of gossip?  Has a friend or a brother or sister been hurt because of what you have said?  As soon as possible let the healing begin by humbling yourself toward God and that friend and asking for forgiveness.  Pray now and ask our Lord Jesus Christ for grace and strength to do what you must.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the