Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lookie, another new girl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lookie, another new girl  (Read 1483 times)
HappyGirl

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »

Wink Hi everybody,
My name is Michelle.
I just found this wonderful place a few days ago and I'm so happy to find a board for Christians.
I'm 36 now and have been a Christian since I was 17.
My life has been pretty hard, challenging, lonely, but God is still a good God and I love Jesus very much and want to serve Him with all my heart.
I love to talk about God, would love to learn more about the Bible, and always enjoy good discussions about Jesus, as I don't have very  many people to talk to in real life. So I am looking forward to getting to know people here. Smiley
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Michelle!  We have a lot here as you've probably already discovered!  I hope you enjoy it.  There are also a lot of good people here.  If you have any questions, just ask and one of us will be glad to help you out.
In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »

Hello HappyGirl,

WELCOME!

We're very happy to have you with us, and I look forward to having fellowship with you. I enjoyed reading your first post and want to tell you that WITH CHRIST you already have things going in the most positive way. GOD didn't promise Christians an easy time in this short life, but HE did promise to be with us AS OFTEN as we want HIM and invite HIM to be the HEAD over our lives - OUR HEAVENLY FATHER - OUR SAVIOUR - OUR BEST CONFIDANT - OUR BEST FRIEND - OUR ALL IN ALL. HE will never leave or forsake us, even if we treat HIM badly or without due respect and worship. OBVIOUSLY, our best days are times where we have invited HIM to be with us continually, and we worship HIM as we should.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:133 ASV  133  Establish my footsteps in thy word; And let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »

Hello Michelle and welcome to the forums. looking forward to seeing many more posts from you and in having some great Christian fellowship.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »

Michelle, hello and welcome to Christians Unite forum. I like your name for what it implies, Christians should be the happiest people in the world.

I've also read your prayer request.

HappyGirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:24:04 AM »

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm working hard to have a new life in Christ.  Grin Most of my life I have been very sad and wanted to be invisible. Now I am trying, with God's help to be a Happy Girl--- hence the name  Wink
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm working hard to have a new life in Christ.  ;D Most of my life I have been very sad and wanted to be invisible. Now I am trying, with God's help to be a Happy Girl--- hence the name  ;)

Hello Again HappyGirl,

As Christians, we all have the BEST reasons to be happy, even in this short life. Many older Christians can speak from experience that trials and difficulties can make us stronger in CHRIST. This is the most normal way for Christians to be happy. This doesn't hint that GOD ever promised us an easy time in this life - rather the opposite.

We just need to remember that this world isn't our HOME, and we aren't YET where GOD intends us to be. Our citizenship is in Heaven, and that IS HOME! We are just temporary travelers in this short life. We should feel great joy and honor if GOD lets us serve HIM in any way - even the smallest way. Our hardest times can become a pleasing and Living Testimony for GOD, so HE can get the GLORY HE deserves when we persevere in difficult times. I'm right now thinking about many Christians who considered it an Honor to die in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST - our LORD and SAVIOUR. These thoughts go back 2,000 years, but there are many missionaries giving their lives right now. I love the portions of Scripture below because they put so many things into proper perspective - GOD'S Perspective.

In the meantime, we can KEEP LOOKING UP, pray for each other, and encourage each other in CHRIST. We will spend eternity together with CHRIST, so we only have a little time in this flesh and blood world.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 1:1-11 NASB  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God which is at Corinth with all the saints who are throughout Achaia:  2  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,  4  who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  5  For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.  6  But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer;  7  and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.  8  For we do not want you to be unaware, brethren, of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life;  9  indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead;  10  who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,  11  you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.

Romans 8:16-28 NASB  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,  17  and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.  18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  19  For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.  20  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope  21  that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.  22  For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.  23  And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.  24  For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?  25  But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.  26  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;  27  and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

2 Corinthians 5:1-21 NASB  For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  2  For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,  3  inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.  4  For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.  5  Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.  6  Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--  7  for we walk by faith, not by sight--  8  we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.  9  Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.  10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.  11  Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences.  12  We are not again commending ourselves to you but are giving you an occasion to be proud of us, so that you will have an answer for those who take pride in appearance and not in heart.  13  For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are of sound mind, it is for you.  14  For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died;  15  and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.  16  Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.  17  Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.  18  Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,  19  namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.  20  Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.  21  He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the