Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:35:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Vermont legalizes Gay Marriage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vermont legalizes Gay Marriage  (Read 1747 times)
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

:'(Vermont just became the 4th state to legalize Gay "marriage".

It's time for the church to take back marriage, at least for Christians. The church opened the door for this back in the 18th and 19th centuries by allowing the State to define and regulate marriage. Before that marriage was a private affair. New York State didn't even keep records of marriages until 1880. Once the State started regulating marriage, it went downhill. Easy divorce was the first crack in the dam. The church had turned marriage over to the State, so it had no choice but to go along, even if reluctantly. Now Christians divorce at the same rate as non-Christians and no one says much against it, though in the Bible God says He "hates divorce".

The church should opt out of the State-regulated legal/civil marriage system and perform its own marriages with its own standards. Certainly the State won't recognize these marriages as legal or valid, but who cares what the State thinks. Half the country seems to live together without marriage with State approval, and the State is making a mockery of marriage.

The only reason to get a State-sanctioned marriage is to get government benefits. Christians could get a second State-sanctioned marriage if they want to do that, or better yet avoid State marriage altogether by utilizing the Civil Unions laws!

The way the government is creating money and going into debt, State benefits aren't going to be worth the paper they are printed on in  a few years anyway. Christians really need to start taking care of their own, as the Amish do.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:36:52 PM »

Hello Brother Rhys,

I did read about this and heard a news spot on it. Things are getting more evil and ridiculous by the minute now. The definitions of mankind are also changing to accommodate immorality and abominations. Just try to imagine what a conversation about this topic would have been like 50 years ago. In fact, it would have been a wild and unreasonable conversation just 10 years ago.

The devil seems to be desperate to get into our homes, churches, and schools. The devil wants it all, especially the next generation of children coming up. I consider these to be signs of the end days of this Age of Grace. By all appearances, it appears that the devil is winning many of the battles, and the Bible forewarns of this. We're not talking about good and progress, rather of evil, decline, and ever increasing misery for mankind. As an example, take a look at the horrible epidemics of HIV/AIDS. Misery loves company, so they want to start promoting this behavior in the kindergartens of our public schools. I heard a news spot just yesterday that indicated 1 in every 10 people in Washington, D.C. has HIV. THESE FOLKS ARE GOING TO DICTATE EDUCATION POLICY??

Brother, the devil wants to invade and POLLUTE everything traditionally thought to belong to GOD. This is why the devil is infiltrating marriage and the church - TO DESTROY IT! I firmly believe that the time will come soon when Christians will lose just about every battle, and that will be in connection to the 7 Year Tribulation Period. By all appearances, the devil will be winning everything and all, but that's really the sign of the devil's approaching doom and eternal punishment. I firmly believe that Bible Prophecy is literal TRUTH that will happen in the future - exactly as it's recorded in GOD'S WORD. SO, I also firmly believe in the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST at the end of the 7 Year Tribulation Period. Further, I believe every detail of CHRIST'S crushing victories over evil and the devil and HIM ruling over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem.

Regardless, I think that the duty of all Christians is to keep Standing for Good and against evil for our remaining days in this short life. We must keep trying with the sure knowledge that CHRIST will OVERWHELMINGLY crush evil and the devil at HIS Appointed Time. I personally think that the time of the Tribulation Period is growing near and could really start at any time.

Brother Rhys, I think what Christians should do is easier than ever, even though the consequences for doing RIGHT are becoming more harsh by the day. Nothing has really changed for Christians in terms of what we should be doing:  PRAY - STAND - YIELD TO GOD'S WILL! An expanded study of the following Scripture is great advice for us:

Isaiah 5:20 ESV  Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 46:8-10 ASV  8  Come, behold the works of Jehovah, What desolations he hath made in the earth. 9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; He breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; He burneth the chariots in the fire. 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

MATTHEW24:14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »

Sexual Immorality

Quote:

1 CORINTHIANS 6:13   The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

1 CORINTHIANS 6:18, 19, 20   Flee from sexual immorality, All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you  not know that your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received 
from GOD ? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore Honor God with your body.

Romans 1:27  And of course, the obvious: men were not meant to have sex with other men.
 Take a look at our anatomies.

Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 Condemn same-sex activity between two males.

1Corinthians 6:9-10 Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters
nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders, will inherit
the Kingdom GOD.   
Do you know to interpret GODS Word, to suits your behavior, and teaching people to violate to damaged the Temple of GOD, with sin. Which is where The HOLY SPIRIT Dwells. 

1Cor.3:16-17
So than, if the person had The HOLY SPIRIT in him/her you would recognize GOD voice!
HOMOSEXUALITY is a sin ( PERIOD ) !  And it is unnatural.      
GOD created Adam and Eve but not[ Adam and St-Eve ]                   [ REMEMBER ]

Matthew 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Galatians 1:8  But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Isaiah 55:11  so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will
accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
1 Thessalonians 4:8  Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject  man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the