Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  'Sectarian' curriculum must go, says N. Mex. official
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Sectarian' curriculum must go, says N. Mex. official  (Read 2858 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »

'Sectarian' curriculum must go, says N. Mex. official

A public-funded home school in New Mexico is being forced to drop its curriculum because the education secretary says it is filled with "sectarian doctrine."

Family School is located in the Bloomfield, New Mexico, school district on the campus of Naabi Ani Elementary. Kathy Harper, a teacher at the school, says Family School was designed by the district to bridge the gap between home-school families and public schools. The school is publicly funded and parents are required to help in the classroom at least one day per week.

Harper says the school has been embraced by the community. But now New Mexico's education secretary, Dr. Veronica Garcia, says the school must drop its curriculum after it was discovered that Family School uses the Christian home school curriculum of A Beka Book.

"A Beka Books -- they provide the best home-school curriculum out there," Harper states.

The curriculum is well thought out and well laid out, she adds -- and according to Associated Press, Harper has been in using the curriculum for 11+ years without opposition. But the education secretary says the curriculum must be dropped because of so-called "sectarian doctrine."

"Are there references to the Bible, to God in the materials? Yes, there are," Harper explains. "You know, there might be a story about Jonah that the kids have to write. But as far as in the classroom, is it a place where we expound and preach and have worship or any of that? That does not go on in the classroom."

Harper says the parents have no complaints either, but still the school is being forced to drop the curriculum. Garcia wanted Family School to drop the curriculum now with nine weeks left in the school year, but Harper is hoping that the state will at least let them finish the school year out.

A Beka Book, based in Pensacola, Florida, has stated that the issue is a local one and must be resolved by local school officials. They declined to comment further.

But there is no problem with public schools having text books promoting islamic material.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

The powers that be today consider Christian Education to be dangerous. It's interesting to find out why. The PARTY must be in charge of everything, including morals, SO GOD represents a threat to their power. It really is just this simple. They don't want to be accused or condemned by anyone or anything.

SO, GOD, Christians, and GOD'S WORD are feared as a stumbling block to their evil agendas. This is OBVIOUS, and as an individual Christian, I plan to stand boldly to the limit of my health and strength until GOD takes us home.

I would like to remind Christian parents of something:  YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION AND DUTY BEFORE GOD TO BRING YOUR CHILDREN UP IN THE WAYS OF THE LORD! We still live in a country where this is OUR RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION! Any effort to remove these rights are ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 12:08:03 PM »

I would like to remind Christian parents of something:  YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION AND DUTY BEFORE GOD TO BRING YOUR CHILDREN UP IN THE WAYS OF THE LORD! We still live in a country where this is OUR RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION! Any effort to remove these rights are ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL![/b]

AMEN! ... and for the well-being of our children we must resist all attempts of those that try to take away that God given right and responsibility from us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the