Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Huge Snake Hints At Biblical Truth...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Huge Snake Hints At Biblical Truth...  (Read 905 times)
bronzesnake

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2009, 01:49:50 AM »

Scientists have discovered a fossilised snake which weighed in at an astonishing estimated 2,500 pounds!!
and was 42.7 feet nose to tail tip.
The estimated evolutionary age of the fossil is approx 60-million-year-old...eya rrrighttt.  Roll Eyes
Anyway, this humungus python was discovered in South America.

Now this huge snake needs an evolutionary explanation and so sure enough the good folks in that fairy tale world have come up with a hummer!
The reason this snake, according to them, grew so enormous is due to temperature!

here's a quote...
"Drs Jason Head and David Polly carried out much of the quantitative work behind the discovery whilst working in the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences at Queen Mary, University of London; they identified the position of the fossil vertebrae which made a size estimate possible. Now based at the University of Indiana, Polly explains: "At its greatest width, the snake would have come up to about your hips. The size is pretty amazing. But our team went a step further and asked, how warm would the Earth have to be to support a body of this size?"

Wowee! A snake that is so fat, it would come up to a man's hips!! This is absolutely astounding my friends.
I have an explanation for the snake's enormous size, but first let's take a look at what the evolutionists are saying as they struggle to come up with something sounding scientific and intelligent without the need for God!

Crews led by the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute and the University of Florida's Florida Museum of Natural History discovered the fossils in the Cerrejon Coal Mine in northern Colombia, and together with lead-author Jason Head now of the University of Toronto-Mississauga, used its size to make an estimate of Earth's temperature 58 to 60 million years ago in tropical South America.

Sounds pretty scientific so far huh? What with these goofy ages in the tens of millions of years!

"Paleontologists have long known of a rough correlation between an age's temperature and the size of its poikilotherms (cold-blooded creatures). Over geological time, as ages get warmer, so does the upper size limit on poikilotherms."

"There are many ways the anatomy of a species is correlated with its environment on broad scales," Polly said. " If we understand these correlations better, we will know more about how climate and climate change affect species, as well as how we can infer things about past climates from the morphology of the species that lived back then."

Notice the language here, which is extremely typical of all evolutionary gobbledy-gook.
They actually admit they do not understand what's going on in relation to this hypothesis about temperature and the size of a species! Amazing! Here's a prediction: the statement made above which states, " If we understand these correlations better, we will know more about how climate and climate change affect species
In other words, we do not understand these correlations, "but if we did..." OK, I predict that in spite of this acknowledgement, this hypothesis will be used as empirical proof as to why this snake grew so large.

OK, bare with me a while longer as I give more examples of how evolution conclusions are reached.
Read the following quote...

" Assuming the Earth today is not particularly unusual, Head and Dr Jonathan Bloch, Assistant Curator of Vertebrate Palaeontology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, estimated a snake of Titanoboa's size would have required an average annual temperature of 30 to 34°C (86 to 93 F) to survive. By comparison, the average yearly temperature of today's Cartagena, a Colombian coastal city, is about 28°C."

Again, this type of language is very typical for evolutionary conclusions.
Lots of assumptions and guess work based on those assumptions, which are based on presuppositions. This is not empirical science!
But hey, it gets even better my friends.
take a read...

"Tropical ecosystems of South America were surprisingly different 60 million years ago," said Bloch. "It was a rainforest, like today, but it was even hotter and the cold-blooded reptiles were all substantially larger. The result was, among other things, the largest snakes the world has ever seen... and hopefully ever will."

OK, first of all, there is absolutely no empirical proof for such outrageous ages. the dating methods used are extremely unreliable and the dates reached are not based on actual rock dating, but rather these ages are based exclusively on evolutionary assumptions based on presuppositions! yes, I can prove this beyond doubt.
I actually will start a new thread exposing these useless dating methods and I will use evolutionary scientists themselves to make the point! For the purposes of this particular post, let's leave the dating behind for now.

Secondly, I would like to talk to the person who was there over 60 million years ago, and I would love to ask him exactly how warm the weather was back then! LOL! My friend, there is no way of knowing what temperatures or climates were in the assumed 60 millions years in the past! This stuff is all assumed! I can prove it, just read what the evolutionists say next...

"The temperature estimation shows that a tropical rainforest, like Cerrejon, lived at a temperature of 32°C, five degrees above the upper limit of temperature for tropical rainforest in modern times," said Carlos Jaramillo, a palaeobotanist ad the Smithsonian Topical Research Institute. "These data challenge the view that tropical vegetation lives near its climatic optimum and it has profound implications in understanding the effect of current global warming on tropical plants."

Wow! so in order for the evolutionists to get the correct assumed (oxymoron anyone?) temperatures for this snake to grow so huge, they are forced to challenge empirically known temperature limits for tropical rainforest in modern times!! What??!!
Amazing! In other words what we see today is not possible because if it were this snake could not be as long as it is!! LOL!

To Continue In Next Post...
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:18:28 AM »

OK that's enough of this gobbledy-gook for now.

Here's the truth about how this snake grew this long.

If we read Genesis and much of the Old testament, we see man lived very much longer than we do today.
For example; Adam lived 930 years. Genesis 5:5

Seth lived 912 years.Genesis 5:8

Methuselah lived 969 years.Genesis 5:27

And Noah lived 950 years. Genesis 9:29

People lived much longer back then and there's a very good reason for that.

Let's see what happened...

Genesis 3
The Fall of Man

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "
4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

So the serpent was possessed by satan, and actually must have allowed satan to posses it because the snake was cursed because of it's part in the sin of man, as we will see as we carry on...
OK, to save some space we'll jump ahead a wee bit...

14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, " Because you have done this, because you have done what? We all know animals do not talk, and nowhere else in the book of Genesis do we see any animals talking. The serpent was chastised by Jesus, and was actually cursed because he did what? Well, we can assume, and yes this is an assumption, but it's an assumption based on the reality of the facts. God did not create animals to be equal with His special creation which was man. We know satan is known as the sold serpent in Rev 12:9 and so satan must have possessed the serpent, and I assume the serpent must have allowed satan do that because Jesus cursed the serpent above all other livestock and all other wild animals! Now either satan possessed the serpent, or satan was a serpent, which just doesn't make sense because we know satan was a fallen angel, and beyond that fact, the serpent was cursed for his part in the sin and was made to crawl on his belly for the rest of it's existence, so it doesn't make sense any other way except that satan possessed the serpent in order to deceive Eve.
There is other examples in the scriptures where demons posess animals, check out Matt. 8:28-32

" Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!

You will crawl on your belly

this was part of the serpent’s curse, so we can infer that at one time the serpent did not crawl on it's belly! Interesting when we see all the winged serpents there are carved on monuments all over the world such as the "Plumed Serpent" of the Mexican pyramids and the winged serpents on the ancient temple walls in Cambodia for example.

"and you will eat dust
       all the days of your life."

16 To the woman he said,
       "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
       with pain you will give birth to children.
       Your desire will be for your husband,
       and he will rule over you."
17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
       " Cursed is the ground because of you;
       through painful toil you will eat of it
        all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
       and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
       you will eat your food
        until you return to the ground,
       since from it you were taken;
       for dust you are
       and to dust you will return
."

OK thank you for keeping up with me.
I'll tie it all together now.
When Jesus created life in the beginning, and placed Adam in the garden of Eden, there was no death. Death was a curse on all life because of the first sin! We know this through the scriptures...

Rom 5:12 " as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed on all men, for that all have sinned:"

And so because of that first, original sin, Jesus cursed the earth, and cursed mankind, and cursed animals, all life.

Prior to sin, there was no death. After sin, man and all life began to change. Life began to age, and began to require food for sustenance. What happened was our genetic code was corrupted, and life spans began to get shorter and shorter.
As we read through the Old testament, we begin to see man's life span get shorter to the point where the average lifespan got to where we are today.
And so now we know why we have so much seemingly useless DNA in our bodies, This DNA is useless due to a curse from God. A once perfect DNA which allowed eternal regeneration, now became degraded and as a result along came age, along came disease, and along came death. Every few months, or at times weeks, we see a new disease aflict man, we are becoming les and less able to fight off disease and infection, and so these are not necessarily new diseases, but rather they ahve always been here but our DNA has degraded to the point where these diseases are now able to attack us effectively.

So this post, which is way too long, is all to show that this snake got so huge because it lived a long long time!
Reptiles continue to grow until they die, this snake didn't get so huge because of temperature which is assumed! It got huge because it lived a biblically long age.
This snake is not an assumed 60 million years old! It's no more than 6,000 years old.

JB
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:41 AM »

Another thing that I noticed about this is it's saying that warmer temperatures are good for life on earth. A total opposite from what our global warming advocates keep saying. This is the total failure in mankind's pride of self knowledge. None of them can agree nor to even make sense in what they have to say.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »

Hey bronzesnake!

Another great and informative read! Keep 'em comin'!! I look forward to reading your next installment.

Pastor Roger, that made me laugh when you observed that they're saying warmer temps are good for life on earth in the midst of the so called 'global warming' 'we gotta go green' generation  Cheesy It really is funny and sad that people would rather buy this bologna over God's Word...Amazing!
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »

Hey bronzesnake!

Another great and informative read! Keep 'em comin'!! I look forward to reading your next installment.

Pastor Roger, that made me laugh when you observed that they're saying warmer temps are good for life on earth in the midst of the so called 'global warming' 'we gotta go green' generation  Cheesy It really is funny and sad that people would rather buy this bologna over God's Word...Amazing!

This whole "Al god Gore" thing is just amazing!
The entire presentation has been literally picked apart and shown to be seriously lacking in credibility. I'll go even further...I believe there are outright lies in that presentation...either that, or Gore is a complete idiot.

For example, one of the most vital charts used in his presentation, one which most all of his arguments are based around was put together by the man who Gore claims first made him realise "we were heating up the earth" was his late professor, oceaographer Roger Revelle, and it was a chart which "proved" carbon dioxide levels were rising, and were responsible for greenhouse warming. So the the vast majority of Al's smoking gun evidence was based around this chart, which was complied by his late professor buddy.

Well, I guess Mr.Gore should have kept in contact with his pal because shortly before his death professor Roger Revelle admitted that his calculations were seriously flawed and in fact he co-authored a paper warning that "the scientific basis for a greenhouse warming is too uncertain to justify drastic action at this time". And some warming might even be good, he added!

Here’s a few more examples of “Al pals” dishonesty, or, as I stated at the beging, if not dishonesty, then pure stupidity!

In his presentation, Gore claimed that out of 928 scientific articles on global warming which were surveyed, there wasn’t a single article which disputed that mankind was greatly responsible for global warming through it’s gasses, and that only “dumb journalists and bad scientists in the pay of big oil pretended there was any genuine debate” What!??
So, unless you believe that we are responsible for global warming, you are either dumb, or a scientific criminal who accepts pay for lies! This sounds very familiar, the only difference is this debate, or non debate, is about global warming and the other is evolution!

Here’s the rub,  as Dr Benny Peiser, from Liverpool John Moores University has demonstrated, Gore relies on a bungled survey reported in Science.
Peiser checked again and found just 13 of those 928 papers explicitly endorsed man-made global warming, and 34 rejected or doubted it. The debate is real.

In Gore’s presentation he shows these very effective and scary maps of how New York and Shanghai would drown under 20 feet (600cm) of water if all Greenland's ice melted.
In fact, there are loads of studies which prove that Greenland's and Antarctica's snow cover is increasing or stable.
The scientists of even the fiercely pro-warming Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predict seas will rise (as they have for centuries) not by Gore's 600cm by 2100, but by between 14 and 43cm.

Here’s a real duzy which Gore must have invented for dramatic effect. Elder Gore tells us that the seas have already risen so high that New Zealand has had to take in refugees from drowning Pacific islands! LOL! What?!!  Shocked
 The truth is the Australian National Tidal Facility at Tuvalu in 2002 reported: "The historical record from 1978 through 199 indicated a sea level rise of 0.07 mm per year." Or the width of a hair... The width of a hair!! Where's my pet flea's life jacket!!??
Says Auckland University climate scientist Chris de Frietas: "I can assure Mr Gore that no one from the South Pacific islands has fled to New Zealand because of rising seas." !! Berrrother! Roll Eyes

I guess Gore is so egotistical, and so arrogant that he never imagined anyone would question his god-like ability to know all! After all, he did invent the internet you know!! LOL!

Oh…I guess I shouldn’t laugh, but pahlease!

Bronzesnake

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »

Is someone talking bad about daddy Al Gore?

Ya'll quit pickin' on him - he does have to support his monstrous carbon footprint, and that's hard to do being full of baloney. We think that global warming fried his brain. We can't take him anywhere because he makes a monkey out of himself. He started all that global warming stuff after flunking out of weatherman school. After that, he tried stand-up comedy, but he was disowned for embarrassing the family. He fled to the jungles of Borneo where aunt Bessie took an immediate liking to him. Now - you have all of the story.

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »

Bwaaahaa haa haa haa! Cheesy
Oh, it brings a tear to me glass eye it do!

"Ummm, excuse me but I believe you're sitting in my seat!"

Al... first all that nonsense with the global warming, now this?
  Zap!!

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Hot! Hot! Hot! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
Now that's global warming Al!
Bronzesnake
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:14:56 PM by bronzesnake » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 09:37:06 PM »

Grin   Grin

Al Gore does provide tons of laughs. He would be fine as the Tiny Tim of weather, and he could even sing in his pink tutu outfit if he would stop stealing money with his con game. We would even give him a little plastic crown with some sparkling glass - but not while he's still stealing money.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 03:30:07 AM »

Quote from: Bronzesnake
This whole "Al god Gore" thing is just amazing!

I think is middle name is wrong. It should be, "Al Ding-dong Gore"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »

Grin

It looks like there might be some interesting details in the smaller print on those bills, but I can't read them. I'll try something else later. In fact, the small print might be the most interesting part.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the