Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bruce Almighty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce Almighty  (Read 2183 times)
tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2004, 01:55:52 AM »

Some people might not be pleased by the movie's contents, but if you just forget about the things that you might find offensive (like swearing and blasphemy), it is a pretty good movie.  Some dull scenes, but very funny.  I found the ending to be very moving, and it taught me a few things like praying for others and not blaming God for anything that goes wrong in my life (not that I blamed God for anything).

Synopsis:  Jim Carrey stars as Bruce Nolan who is unsatisfied with his job and his life. He believes that God is intentionally making his life miserable and that he can do a better job of running the world.  God shows him the error in his thinking by giving him powers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 09:37:47 PM by tqpix » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 07:21:03 AM »

There was very little that I liked in it.... Undecided
There was a lot I didn't like.  Lips Sealed

The Crusader
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 08:13:22 AM »

I believe it would be a major sin, to waste my money on such a movie.
cardtricks

god gives and forgives, man gets and forgets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 11:17:05 PM »

even my senor high pastor liked this movie and recommended it
i loved it......  Huh ???i dont understand why it is so bad to like a movie like this?HuhHuh....at the end it teaches a little bit of a lesson even
Gary

p.s. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "q" and "r" were eliminated
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 09:00:46 AM »

I thought that movie was wretched & Im disappointed I even turned my ears into it. When you say if you forget the movie with the swearing & blasphemy, its a good movie, Any movie with that swearing & more importantly blasphemy-how can that be good??? Especially when its content has to deal with the Lord?? I dunno, thats my point of view.
Regardless that it had a minature point & good lesson @ the end, the movie was in a sense a whole joke about God & Christianity as a whole.
Hey, Im definately not a "goody goody" & Higher then thou, I absolutely love to joke & laugh and what have you, but I also take the Lord My God seriously and I think too often we put the Lord on our level. We just look at him as "One of the guys" and bring him on the level of this DISGUSTING world. To me thats a little scary. He is SO much more then "one of the guys" and someone to laugh with about making a dog go pee in the toilet & giving a girl bigger boobs. I don't know, I just am not into that.
Spending all that $$$ on the movie, I would have liked it to bring a message of salvataion to ppl. Im not sure this movie did anything but get a good laugh off of God.
Again, thats just my thoughts on it.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 11:06:32 AM »

We just look at him as "One of the guys" and bring him on the level of this DISGUSTING world. To me thats a little scary.

Well, I remimber reading a book once about how God came down and became "one of the guys" so to speak, just to save this "DISGUSTING world" we live in. Guess he didn't think it was TOO disgusting Grin Now what was that book...? Wink

I left the word "gonstic" out of the post cause I like you. Wink Grin Grin Kiss Factoid: You know, some Gnostic groups hated the world so much, they said Jesus never really was a human with a human body They believed he was only a ghost, or a prejection, because the world is to evil for him to have been a part of.

There goes the Thnikkaman... Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 06:01:51 PM »

Perhaps I chose my words wrong, but you missed my point because I see where that post was going, but that is not what I meant. It is just how I feel. I wasn't trying to imply God shouldnt mix in with us. My feelings are I wouldnt take God into the bar to have a few drinks & maybe a smoke just because it is what I like to do but say Oh God understands because he needs to be here with sinners....I just dont look @ God that way. Thats all. Smiley
Didnt mean to get all *Whatever* about it.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 02:12:32 AM »

I get what you are saying. We are to be set apart, we are not to be like the world. We should not mimic the world. Like how I'm aganst Rock Praise and stuff. However, the world is not "evil."

And what is wrong with smoking?

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 08:44:30 AM »

Whats right with it? lol.
Ya know I get onto my gf's all the time about smoking, I am a nag about it. Seriously, I can see how difficult it is to quit. From a non smokers view it seems like they should be able to stop anytime, but smokes are very addictive. It took hubby almost 13 years & pockets full of gum and candy, lol Smiley

Hey Tibby, sometimes its fun to agree on disagreeing isnt it?Besides, you have a pretty nice demeaner about ya, Unlike some forums where you just voice your opinon & some people just blatantly attack you personally & likewise. I hate that Smiley
And reading your Like & dislikes made me giggle so how can I be angry with ya? Hehehe Smiley

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 08:58:35 AM »

Whats right with it? lol.
Ya know I get onto my gf's all the time about smoking, I am a nag about it. Seriously, I can see how difficult it is to quit. From a non smokers view it seems like they should be able to stop anytime, but smokes are very addictive. It took hubby almost 13 years & pockets full of gum and candy, lol Smiley

I ahv pockets full of gum and candy anyways Grin

Hey Tibby, sometimes its fun to agree on disagreeing isnt it?

of course, makes life fun.

Besides, you have a pretty nice demeaner about ya,

Are you hitting on me again? Grin lol j/k Thanks

Unlike some forums where you just voice your opinon & some people just blatantly attack you personally & likewise. I hate that Smiley

We have a few of those here. They kind of hang out more toward the north end of the board Wink

And reading your Like & dislikes made me giggle so how can I be angry with ya? Hehehe Smiley

Glad I made you giggle. Grin

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 09:34:31 PM »

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 02:55:04 AM »

RIght back at ya Kiss

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the