Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fox News channel becoming more offensive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fox News channel becoming more offensive  (Read 1711 times)
morning sun

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2009, 04:41:00 AM »

Hi Everyone!
I am brand new here. I just have a comment and am wondering if other Christians feel the way I do.
Lately while watching various Fox News shows I am noticing a lot of program content in bad taste or just overtly offensive. I always thought they were different and watched it as an alternative to other secular programming. They spent the past two nights showing and discussing a really overtly sexual commercial put out by PETA. I also saw a goofy " lingerie bowl" ad and commentary on Hanniity tonight. I emailed Fox and told them what I thought of it. Anyone else noticing this?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

Hello morning sun,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums.

Yes, I have noticed that also but then it isn't just FoxNews it is almost all of TV as a whole that is getting worse by the day. I'm glad that TV's still have an off button.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »

Hi morning sun, welcome to Christians Unite forum.

As time goes on, TV has become more offensive. Times are such, that the only time the TV is on, is for the news, and NASCAR. Grin Grin Grin Speaking of which, it's only 15 more days till the Daytona 500. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

WH00 H00!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

wguimb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »

It all has to do with ratings, which equals money.  I think with a more liberal government and FCC coming in to office, we will unfortunately see more of this kind of stuff.  As the Pastor said, hit the off button or change the channel to TBN or CBN.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 02:10:01 AM »

Hello Morning Sun,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Fox News Channel is the one I listen to the most. The only thing I can think of that you might be talking about is a show called "Red Eye" on the Fox News Channel that usually comes on after midnight. It's crude and vulgar, so I don't watch it. I really have no idea why they put this on Fox News. They're trying to make it a comedy show about current events, so it isn't news. Other than this one show, Fox News is much cleaner than network television. I don't watch any other Fox Channels, so I wouldn't have a clue about anything but their News Channel. "Red Eye" is NOT clean, and it's NOT appropriate for family viewing. Bluntly, I have no idea why "Red Eye" is on the Fox News Channel.

I'll give you a laugh. If I'm in the mood for something lighter, I watch Animal Planet or cartoons. I also like to watch the very old shows on TVLand from time to time. I must mention that Animal Planet and TVLand are completely clean and appropriate for family viewing. By the way, I did hear something about the PETA advertising, but I haven't seen it. As far as I know, that ad was shown on network television. Regardless, the comments indicate it was NOT appropriate. I must add there are all kinds of inappropriate things on network television - even during the daytime and times where small children are watching. I also like the comment of Pastor Roger the most, "Hit the OFF Button."

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 73:26 NASB  26  My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:58:44 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »

I'll give you a laugh. If I'm in the mood for something lighter, I watch Animal Planet or cartoons. I also like to watch the very old shows on TVLand from time to time. I must mention that Animal Planet and TVLand are completely clean and appropriate for family viewing.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 73:26 NASB  26  My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

By the way brother, my favorite TV show is "The Three Stooges".  Grin Grin

A few funny movie quotes for "In the Sweet Pie and Pie" (1941) the Three Stooges Grin

Curly: No! I’m too young to die. Too young and too handsome! [looks in the mirror]
Curly: Well, I’m too young.

Mrs. Gottrocks: I hear you have done much traveling. Are you familiar with the Great Wall of China?
Curly: No, but I know a big fence in Chicago!

Larry: Say, what do we know about society?
Moe: Well startin’ tomorrow we’re gonna learn. We gotta act like gentlemen so these dames we married won’t have any excuse for throwing us out.
Curly: You mean to say I can’t go to sleep with my shoes on?
Moe: That’s exactly what I mean now get to bed, like a gentleman.

Moe: Hey, hey, hey you’d better watch that cough first you know you’ll wind up with pneumonia.
Larry: They say strawberries are good for a cold.
The Warden: Strawberries won’t be in season for six months.
Moe: We’ll wait.
Curly: We’ll wait.
Larry: We’ll wait.
The Warden: Just a minute!

Taska: [the sisters propose a toast] Here’s to us, three new widows!

Williams: [Moe throws the cake on Mrs. Gottrocks by accident after the butler hits him deliberately] He did it.
Mrs. Gottrocks: Thank you…
[Turns to look at Moe, but hits Williams in the face with a pie]
Mrs. Gottrocks: But you started it!

Moe: [to Curly, who is stacking sandwiches on his plate] Whaddya think you’re doing, playin’ poker?  Quit stackin’ the deck! (hit Curly)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:52:04 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin

The Three Stooges are also one of my old favorites, and I remember many of their episodes. I've probably laughed more at the Three Stooges than anyone else. All of their pie fights were classics, and they were classics. One an still see a few episodes on TVLand from time to time.

Now, I'm wondering how many of the younger people have never heard of them. Here's a little reminder:

anodos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »

Hi Everyone!
I am brand new here. I just have a comment and am wondering if other Christians feel the way I do.
Lately while watching various Fox News shows I am noticing a lot of program content in bad taste or just overtly offensive. I always thought they were different and watched it as an alternative to other secular programming. They spent the past two nights showing and discussing a really overtly sexual commercial put out by PETA. I also saw a goofy " lingerie bowl" ad and commentary on Hanniity tonight. I emailed Fox and told them what I thought of it. Anyone else noticing this?
My TV tells me that it is environmentally irresponsible to start a family. Two children or more per household creates too great a carbon footprint, and the nation needs to set strict limits for population growth.

My TV also advertises more and better promiscuity, and it is unconstitutional for prudes to censor the entertainment industry.

I think my TV is confused. I know that I am.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »

My TV tells me that it is environmentally irresponsible to start a family. Two children or more per household creates too great a carbon footprint, and the nation needs to set strict limits for population growth.

My TV also advertises more and better promiscuity, and it is unconstitutional for prudes to censor the entertainment industry.

I think my TV is confused. I know that I am.

Hello Anodos,

There is very little worth watching on television these days - AND almost ZERO worthy for instructions - almost ZERO indicating  the worth is less than ZERO.

There are still some family-decent programs on television, but you have to look harder in finding them. After all, mankind isn't worthy of much trust. When I want instructions on something important, I go to GOD'S WORD and Prayer. GOD never fails, and HIS WORD will endure forever. Besides, GOD loves to hear my Prayers and has invited me to HIS THRONE OF GRACE at any time - 24/7. I can depend on GOD, so I do. It is important to know that ONLY HE IS GOD and to serve NO OTHER, including the ones with little "g's" in their names. We should know that we can't serve two masters, so I choose ALMIGHTY GOD. When we put everything into context, we should know that ALMIGHTY GOD has been more than patient with us. After all, HE IS THE KING OF KINGS and doesn't have to demonstrate any patience at all. HE is PERFECT, HOLY, and does AS HE PLEASES in Heaven and on Earth. I know who HE is - THE GREAT "I AM"! - THE KING OF KINGS - AND MY HEAVENLY FATHER I OWE ALL TO! I know about HIS Matchless GRACE and LOVE because I have received it. On the opposite side of the coin, I've read about HIS HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS WRATH AGAINST EVIL IN HIS WORD, and I believe and understand it. HE has tolerated thousands of years of disrespect, disobedience, and mocking. All should know that will come to an end, and it will - PROBABLY SOON! YES - we are probably nearing the End Days of this Age of Grace, and man has made a terrible mess of things.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Joshua 24:14-24 ASV  Now therefore fear Jehovah, and serve him in sincerity and in truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River, and in Egypt; and serve ye Jehovah.  15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve Jehovah, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah.  16  And the people answered and said, Far be it from us that we should forsake Jehovah, to serve other gods;  17  for Jehovah our God, he it is that brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and that did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the peoples through the midst of whom we passed;  18  and Jehovah drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites that dwelt in the land: therefore we also will serve Jehovah; for he is our God.  19  And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve Jehovah; for he is a holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgression nor your sins.  20  If ye forsake Jehovah, and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you evil, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.  21  And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve Jehovah.  22  And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you Jehovah, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses.  23  Now therefore put away, said he, the foreign gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto Jehovah, the God of Israel.  24  And the people said unto Joshua, Jehovah our God will we serve, and unto his voice will we hearken.

heartland

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »

A couple of years ago, when I was Born Again, my CD and DVD collection all went into the trash. I then went through and locked out most of my cable channels.  TBN or CBN are just awesome. They are all I really watch anymore. The Food Network isn't bad. And obviously the Weather Channel. But there really does need to be more Christian networks out there.

Fox News is the only news channel I'll watch but I agree that even they are getting too liberal in many ways. I also don't like that they have that s*x show with that Albright woman.

Liberism seems to creep in everywhere these days. That needs to stop.

Tom
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »

I do watch the Weather Channel so that I can see the weather maps. However even the Weather Channel is becoming increasingly anti-Christian.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the