Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Billy Graham Evangelistic Assoc. Empowers Christians in Singapore to Reach Peers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy Graham Evangelistic Assoc. Empowers Christians in Singapore to Reach Peers  (Read 460 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2008, 02:45:17 AM »

Billy Graham Evangelistic Assoc. Empowers Christians in Singapore to Reach Peers with the Gospel

by Staff
December 12, 2008

CHARLOTTE, NC, (christiansunite.com) -- The Gospel of Jesus Christ will be proclaimed in thousands of homes in Singapore this weekend, December 12-14, as churches across the country launch My Hope, an evangelistic effort facilitated by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA). More than 20,000 homes representing over 250 churches in Singapore will be involved in the Christian outreach.

Local Christians driving the program, called "Matthews" (recalling the disciple who invited friends to his home to meet Jesus), will be inviting neighbors, friends and relatives to their homes to watch one of a number of moving and culturally appropriate programs on DVD. After viewing the video, "Matthews" will share their personal testimonies and give their guests the opportunity to accept or rededicate their lives to Jesus Christ.

The TV programs, which feature sermons from Billy and Franklin Graham, will be shown in five different languages within Singapore: Tamil, Chinese, Bahasa, Tagalog and English.

"Reaching the people of Singapore - a modern, wealthy nation - with the Gospel presents many of the same challenges as evangelism in the United States," said Bill Conard, vice president of international ministries at BGEA. "But we have already seen how God is moving across Singapore so that churches work simultaneously to proclaim His truth boldly."

One of the English programs features the story of Neville Tan, a desperate and hopeless young Singaporean prisoner who decided one night to take his own life. But in his dark cell, God's light penetrated Tan's heart with Scripture, giving him a freedom he had never known. After being released from prison, Tan went to Bible college and became a missionary. "God had really picked me up and washed me and made me a new person," said Tan. "And it's all because He loves me."

My Hope Singapore comes on the heels of a massive My Hope effort facilitated by BGEA in Brazil, which involved more than 50,000 churches and more than 850,000 Matthew homes.

Christian leaders from countries in Southeast Asia and the Pacific are observing My Hope Singapore and considering partnerships with BGEA to implement the program in their countries.

About BGEA

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) proclaims the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world by every effective means available. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., BGEA runs a wide range of domestic and international evangelism ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelist Franklin Graham; Dare to Be a Daniel, a youth evangelism training project; My Hope World Evangelism Through Television; the Billy Graham Rapid Response Team, offering the hope of Jesus Christ in the midst of tragedy; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet. For more information, please visit www.billygraham.org.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion07877.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2007 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the