Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Defining the Parameters of Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Defining the Parameters of Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth  (Read 3730 times)
SgtChas

Guard'n the Sheeps Withn' da Word!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »

Let me say at the start that it never ceases to amaze me at how we in the Church are our own worse enemies; as one brother put it “we form our firing squads in circles”. We seek to marginalize those we disagree with in theology, prophecy, or in other questions of rightly dividing the Word; out of a pathetic knee jerk defensive mechanism of what we have been taught is biblical truth from behind our denominational ‘strongholds’, rather than seeking to KNOW for ourselves what the correct biblical doctrinal teachings on any subject is. With the resulting ‘tares’ of the “vain teachings of man” throughout the ‘seed’ of what Word we have been taught, we come up with well reasoned doctrinal excuses for the current sorry state of powerlessness and division in the Church today. Amazingly, actually believing that the Lord would rapture this strife filled, worldly, divided and powerless mess we define as the Church in its current state. Where has God ever done such a thing in the history of all His dealings with His people, followers or body of believers? Perhaps we’re special believers?

To those that claim to know and teach the Word, prophecy or otherwise, I have some questions then: Where is the power? Have you laid hands on the sick and seen them recover? Have you heard the voice of God? Have you rightly applied the Word and seen it do exactly as God said it would consistently? Is the supernatural normal for you; for as one brother correctly said: “If you’re not supernatural, you’re superficial?” If Jesus thought it important to “confirm the Word with the accompanying signs”, what makes ANY man – Church leader or not – think HE has the right to teach that it is not important today?

Let us then sit down together and remove the tares that are hidden in the ‘wheat’ of the Word; refusing to defend the vain teaching of the doctrines of men over rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Let us choose to be powerful rather than politically correct and acceptable to Pharisees within the Church leadership today. Remembering therefore that the Holy Spirit confirms THE WORD with the accompanying signs, NOT what we have been taught IS the Word, nor what our opinion of the Word is. Which are exactly the reasons the vast majority of the Church is so powerless today; denominational teachings and opinions passed off as doctrines have superseded the importance of biblical truth and the search to find it.

To start with then, let me first point out that we in the Body of Christ have lost sight of one of the main principles of Bible study and the Word’s correct application. It was the guiding principle of the Protestant Reformation, and we would do well to return to it. It is “sensus literalis”, or the principle of the literal interpretation of the scripture as first defined by Martin Luther.

Simply stated, it means we read and evaluate the Scripture in the same way we would any serious book or discussion on any important topic. Using the normal understanding of the wording or figures of speech contained therein; thereby, taking at face value what is clearly stated. This does not allow for speculation on what MIGHT be meant by a convoluted attempt at harmonizing a perceived context. This as context can be manipulated far too easily through denominational blinders.

This is not to suggest that the immediate context of a given passage is not of import in its understanding, but rather that the harmonization of the topic of a passage with all scriptures in the Bible that speak on the same subject is a necessity for the passages correct understanding and application. If one scripture clearly contradicts what a passage of scripture is alleged to mean, then there is a problem with what one has understood the passage to mean.

Therefore, any attempts at “harmonization” must be foremost in the resolution of any clear contradictions of a proposed supposition of a scriptures’ meaning by another scripture. Failing this, any understanding of the intent of scripture becomes one of a reliance on human supposition only. Thus, “Chances are if the plain sense makes sense, you have the right sense.”

I therefore purpose the following rules in our search for any true understanding of the Word of God:

1.   If a scripture clearly contradicts what we have been taught on any biblical subject, there is a problem with what we have been taught. All Biblical precepts, or a teachings on the Bible that are alleged to be a doctrines of the Church, flow in harmony throughout the Bible; the Word of God never contradicts itself, or the nature, plans and intent of the Lord. Indeed, an understanding of God’s nature, His plans and intentions harmonizes everything in the Bible that appear as contradictions to the less scripturally astute. [See Numbers 23:19; 1 Corinthians 14:8]                                   

2.   The correct understanding of prophecy is critical to the flow of the power of the Holy Spirit in these last days. This is a certainty, as teaching of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy (Jesus is the WORD as well) and preparation for the restoration of Jesus to Lordship of the world, His people, the nation of Israel and to sit on the throne of David is the whole point of prophecy. Therefore, as the Holy Spirit confirms the WORD with the accompanying signs, He has and will not confirm our incorrect teachings, prophetic or otherwise. This being one of the main reasons for the powerless and divided Church today. (SEE John 1:14; Revelation 19:10; Mark 16:20)

3.   We must never ascribe symbolism to any passage of scripture unless the text of the passage in question clearly allows its understanding as a parable or to be symbolic in context. Further, any symbolism used in a passage will be explained else where in the scripture; either by a scriptural comparison or a direct explanation. In effect, let the Bible define the Bible as the Lord would never leave to guess work the correct understanding of any passage of scripture – including prophetic – that we will be held responsible for understanding. Wherefore, any man who assigns symbolic inference to any passage of scripture without contextual authority from within the Bible itself has set himself as an arbitrator of ‘truth’ by attempting to read a teaching into the Word; or through an attempt to remove contradictions to a teaching he promotes.

4.   The prophetic scriptures, when properly linked together and understood, are exacting and precise in their application and timing. The God who created and set the universe in motion, as well as having authored the laws of physics by which it runs, does nothing haphazardly and leaves nothing to chance. He is a God of order and exacting precision Who knows from the beginning what will be the end; Who is also in the past, present and future at the same time as He created time and is therefore not subject to it. Understanding this is another key to correct prophetic understanding.

5.   Unless a passage of the New Testament clearly states that it is for the Jews only, or an Old Testament passage clearly states that it is only for the Jews, then it can be understood as meant for the Church. Paul states to Timothy, a gentile believer, in 2Timothy 3:16:  “All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,”; this passage having been written well after the book of Matthew had been written and circulated in the Church, with Paul therefore having knowledge of it AS HE WROTE IT; which means that Matthew 24 is for the gentile use for correct understanding of end time’s doctrine as concerns the Church. Tearing whole sections out of the Bible and claiming that it is for the Jews only because it contradicts your prophetic beliefs and teachings borders on heresy.

6.   Unless a teaching or doctrine is clearly stated at least twice somewhere in the Bible, God did not author it and it is not from Him. No teaching, as concerns prophecy or otherwise, should be excepted unless it can be backed up by at least two clear (no alleging of meaning or allegorical inferences are acceptable) scriptural references. (SEE Deut. 19:15; Matt. 18:16; 2 Cor. 13:1)

7.   Nothing that has not happened before will happen in the future and nothing that will happen has not already happened. This applies to any ‘new’ prophetic teaching as the Word clearly states that there is nothing new under the sun; if the Apostles and Prophets did not teach it is not from God. (See Ecc. 1:9-10; 3:15)

8.   The Early Church Fathers who were taught by the Apostles (Ante-Nicene) are a far more reliable source of prophetic understanding then any of the numerous ‘pop star’ prophetic teachers from the 19th Century onward. It is a lie to state that the Early Church Fathers did not teach on the subject of prophecy, as there are numerous documented examples of what they were taught by the Apostles (some personally), believed themselves and taught others.

Anyone who approaches the Word of God to understand the truth it articulates on any subject will find it and be filled; those who search the Word to prove what they have been taught and believe is truth without any firm scriptural foundation of their own are ripe for confusion, disappointment and a powerless struggle in the application of what they have been TOLD is truth and thus believe. Let us therefore study the Word together while following the above. He comes quickly.

Note: This is the beginning of other studies I will soon post. Just a defining of the terms and methods of future discussions.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:28:27 AM by SgtChas » Logged

The Politics of Biblical Prophecy... "About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamour and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton, 1642-1727
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »

Hello Chas,

I moved this to debate since it is a debate topic instead of a Bible Study. A lot of your post involves opinion, not the Bible. I agree with some parts of your post and disagree with others. The Bible sets the parameters for Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth - not man.

I don't want to belabor the point, but I'll give you an example of debatable thoughts in your post. Obviously, neither one of us have supernatural powers because we're disabled. No man has supernatural powers - JUST GOD. If one uses the Bible for "RIGHT DIVIDING", one can determine when GOD gave SOME men Supernatural Power that was from HIM, what HIS Purpose was for the time, and when that TIME WAS OVER. Men claiming supernatural powers today are fakers and con-men. Those who claim otherwise are easily exposed because they are just men. They get sick and die just like all men. GOD does what HE pleases in HEAVEN and on earth, but men don't.

The Bible does contain the information and methods for "RIGHT DIVIDING", and they aren't from men. If one doesn't use the Bible Method, one is not "RIGHT DIVIDING". "RIGHT DIVIDING" pertains to GOD'S WORD, not a man-made denomination. GOD'S WORD is the ONLY TRUTH and the measurement for ALL TRUTH. "Search the Scriptures to see if these things be true."

Chas, I have no desire to debate this topic right now, but someone else might want to. I mainly needed to show you this is a matter of man's opinion that is debatable.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:1-18 NASB  Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,  2  but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.  3  And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,  4  in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.  5  For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.  6  For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.  7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;  8  we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;  9  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;  10  always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.  11  For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.  12  So death works in us, but life in you.  13  But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I BELIEVED, THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe, therefore we also speak,  14  knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.  15  For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.  16  Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.  17  For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,  18  while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

christianheretic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:32:11 PM »

Defining the Parameters of Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth wrk I

1.   If a scripture clearly contradicts what we have been taught on any biblical subject, there is a problem with what we have been taught. All Biblical precepts, or a teachings on the Bible that are alleged to be a doctrines of the Church, flow in harmony throughout the Bible; the Word of God never contradicts itself, or the nature, plans and intent of the Lord. Indeed, an understanding of God’s nature, His plans and intentions harmonizes everything in the Bible that appear as contradictions to the less scripturally astute. [See Numbers 23:19; 1 Corinthians 14:8]

Over all I find your post a breath of fresh air and thank God for it.

Let me further state that I agree that the Scriptures can not oppose one another for any Kingdom that opposes itself will fall. Mt 12:25 Mar 3:24-25

I would how ever point out that God does, at least on the level of the Rational Mind, contradict Himself in the Scriptures and there are two significant cases that point this out in the NT.

John 6:53-71

After history unfolds on this side of the Cross there is no contradiction, but from the disciples perspective there was a major contradiction which our Lord refuses to address even when He has the opportunity to do so.

Now clear your mind of everything the NT reveals and for a moment place yourself in the shoes of not only the 12 inner circle disciples but also of the 120 outer circle disciples who also followed our Lord.

Did not the 120 outer circle disciples implement all of the parameters that are proposed to the LETTER? Yet they fell away.

Acts 10:10-20

Again without the NT in view place yourself in Peter’s mind set and conceive of the struggle, based on this set of parameters, you would have with this revelation from God.

Then imagine the Struggle Peter’s Jewish brethren had while following these parameters when Peter shared this little bombshell with them.

My point is that rational rules, rational precepts and rational conclusions that ignore the Overshadowing Sovereignty of God inevitability lead to a falling away.

For God never said “understand” and follow but rather “BELIEVE” and follow.

The rational mind while the major focus of the modern day Church is the weak link in our Walk with the Lord.

If we make the rational mind the major focus of our inquiry in our walk with the Lord we are being led by the Letter of the Written Word of God rather then by the Holy Spirit of God.  2nd Co 3:6 Rom 8:14

The Written Word of God is a marvel, a wonder and I am constantly Awed by its revelations but the Written Word of God only tells us What God has Said, What God has Done and What God will do.

But the Written Word of God tells us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what God is doing, Right this very Moment in your life or in mine.

God is the Great IAM that IAM, Exo 3:14; God is the God of this Present Moment and the only way we will ever know what the God of this Present Moment desires for us is to STOP and LISTEN INTENTLY to what He is saying to us right now this very moment, rather then endlessly reading about and endlessly talking about What God has Said, What God has Done and What God Will do.

Please do not misconstrue what I am saying; the Written Word of God is of tremendous Value to His children but the Written Word of God is not God and we need to stop treating it like it is God and get back to submitting ourselves to His direction rather then submitting ourselves to our own interpretation of what we THINK is His direction.

And as you acknowledge in parameter 7 of your post “Nothing that has not happened before will happen in the future and nothing that will happen has not already happened”

The fact God has done this two or more times in the NT means the odds are He will in fact do this again. For it is an effective way to separate the sheep from the goats or the tares from the wheat.

But if the parameters established do not acknowledge the SOVEREIGNTY of God over our rational understanding of the Written Word of God then we are no better off then the 120 disciples who fell away.

Please understand I am not attempting to argue with you or punch holes in what I consider a well thought out and well presented set of parameters with which I am, for the most part, in agreement.

I am simply pointing out where some additional consideration might be in order.

Then again perhaps i have simply anticipated where your study was to end up, if so i apologize.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:54:18 AM »

Hello christianheretic,

I withdraw my question about the choice of your user name. I understand completely now, and it's quite appropriate.

I find it fascinating that each of you contradict yourself, contradict each other, and contradict the Holy Bible. GOD'S WORD will endure forever, AND GOD is the SAME in Eternity Past and Eternity Future. The opposite is true for mankind, including you. There isn't any revelation from the Holy Spirit of GOD in your post or the one you are agreeing with because Revelations of the Holy Spirit are always IMPOSSIBLE TO DESTRUCT TRUTH. As an instant and obvious example, nobody in this thread has any supernatural power of any kind. What you really need is a very basic course on Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth.

I would just hope that neither one of you tries to handle poisonous snakes, drink deadly poisons, or try to deliver any other dangerous SIGN that you have supernatural power. If either of you do have supernatural power, it wouldn't be from GOD. If either one of you or both want to put on a mountain-moving demonstration, please do announce it so that everyone can come watch. We won't be holding our breath waiting for that announcement. In the meantime, you need to find a very patient Bible Teacher if your ego will permit such a thing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:21:32 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

christianheretic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »

blackeyedpeas:

“I find it fascinating that each of you contradict yourself, contradict each other, and contradict the Holy Bible.”

You speak much about things of which you have no understanding.

As too my possessing supernatural power, you are in fact correct, I have none, but then I have never claimed I had any supernatural power to begin with, but of course what I actually say versus what you perceive I have said never has had very much in common.

The one who receives from the Holy Spirit anything is never the POWER only the temporary conduit or vessel used by God for His own purposes.

Those whom God chooses to use never have any power of their own, if they had any power of their own God would be unable to use them at all, God is the only Power in these transactions.

That is why a vessel must submit; surrender totally in order to be useful to Him.

Tell me how much Supernatural power did Balaam’s ass have? Num 22:20

For me to be but equal with Balaam’s ass, as a vessel useful to God, is not any type of insult, in fact it is an honor for at least Balaam’s ass demonstrated he had the adequate spiritual sense to know when God was in fact communicating with him. 

So those who claim supernatural powers and those who believe that others possess supernatural powers today or at any point in History are both wrong.

God is the only POWER and when He causes His POWER to manifest through an ass, a man or a bush none of these objects or beings has any power of their own for they are but vessels useful for His purpose.

“I find it fascinating that each of you contradict yourself, contradict each other, and contradict the Holy Bible”

Again you ASSUME something that does not exist in the post, as a matter of fact my Post specifically states that I agree with what it says and am in no way attempting to refute its content, my only desire was to offer a suggestion that might improve what was already an excellent offering

“Revelations of the Holy Spirit are always IMPOSSIBLE TO DESTRUCT TRUTH”

I FIND IT MOST TELLING that the Scriptures and the Truth you so vehemently claim to defend NEVER ONCE APPEAR IN YOUR ENTIRE POST.

But then I realize you are resorting to the same tactics as the religious leaders of our Lord’s time WHO ATTACKED THE MESSENGER WHEN THEY COULD FIND NO WAY TO ATTACK HIS MESSAGE.

But as the Scriptures testify this is how it would be.

Mat 10:25  It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
Mat 10:26  Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
Mat 10:27  What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

I am honored and humbled to have you testify as to my being a true disciple of the Master our Lord Jesus the Christ by attacking me rather then the message brought forth to you; thank you.  May God Bless and keep you.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »

christianheretic,

Here's a portion of what you agreed to, so this should give you more than a hint:

To those that claim to know and teach the Word, prophecy or otherwise, I have some questions then: Where is the power? Have you laid hands on the sick and seen them recover? Have you heard the voice of God? Have you rightly applied the Word and seen it do exactly as God said it would consistently? Is the supernatural normal for you; for as one brother correctly said: “If you’re not supernatural, you’re superficial?” If Jesus thought it important to “confirm the Word with the accompanying signs”, what makes ANY man – Church leader or not – think HE has the right to teach that it is not important today?

Here's another hint for you:  this is why I talked about the supernatural. Maybe you didn't understand what you were agreeing with. I don't know, but it's par for your course.

christianheretic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 01:17:13 PM »

Blackeyedpea Wrote:

“Have you rightly applied the Word and seen it do exactly as God said it would consistently? Is the supernatural normal for you; for as one brother correctly said: “If you’re not supernatural, you’re superficial?” If Jesus thought it important to “confirm the Word with the accompanying signs”, what makes ANY man – Church leader or not – think HE has the right to teach that it is not important today?”

Wow, how many sides of this issue are you on?

Tell me; what is your response to your very own words? I would really like to hear it, if you dare to in fact answer it.

As for me, what I say as to signs in my life means less then nothing, for man is not the one testifying concerning Signs but God.

This is why I have said Accept it, Reject it or Refute it from the Scriptures.

For that is all this media is capable of conveying without the question of deception entering in to the equation.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »

Blackeyedpea Wrote:

“Have you rightly applied the Word and seen it do exactly as God said it would consistently? Is the supernatural normal for you; for as one brother correctly said: “If you’re not supernatural, you’re superficial?” If Jesus thought it important to “confirm the Word with the accompanying signs”, what makes ANY man – Church leader or not – think HE has the right to teach that it is not important today?”

Wow, how many sides of this issue are you on?

Tell me; what is your response to your very own words? I would really like to hear it, if you dare to in fact answer it.

As for me, what I say as to signs in my life means less then nothing, for man is not the one testifying concerning Signs but God.

This is why I have said Accept it, Reject it or Refute it from the Scriptures.

For that is all this media is capable of conveying without the question of deception entering in to the equation.

WOW! - HOW CONFUSED ARE YOU?

That's not my post. That's a QUOTE FROM THE POST YOU AGREED WITH from SgtChas.

Do you have something funny in your koolaid?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:36:05 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »

christianheretic,

My beliefs on subjects like this are all over the forum in a very blunt manner, but let me state them again in case you're confused in some manner.

I think that people who get behind the pulpit like Benny Hinn are at the very least CON MEN AND FALSE TEACHERS! It ought to be against the law for people to do what he does. IT'S NOTHING BUT LIES AND FRAUD FOR MONEY! IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »

Unfortunately there are many such false teachings today that cause great confusion in many people. "I had a new revelation" and then continue with something that is not only far from the teachings of the Bible but is actually in contradiction to it. The Bible was given to us so that we may have what "is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." Too many come up with their own ideas and not those of God and in so doing are actually mocking God.

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

Unfortunately there are many such false teachings today that cause great confusion in many people. "I had a new revelation" and then continue with something that is not only far from the teachings of the Bible but is actually in contradiction to it. The Bible was given to us so that we may have what "is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." Too many come up with their own ideas and not those of God and in so doing are actually mocking God.

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

AMEN!

I do find it sad that so many are easily deceived, but GOD did tell us that things like this would happen. GOD never promised Christians an easy time in this short life - just the opposite. The lies and con games that all Christians should be healthy and wealthy are driving many of the lost away from CHRIST. WHY? There is evidence everywhere that this isn't true. Many of the strongest Christians are ill and extremely poor. They aren't ill and poor because they lack faith. This is part of the inheritance from Adam - the wages of sin - AND GOD has not given us our Glorified Bodies yet. The lost easily see the gross hypocrisy of the health and wealth con games, so they transfer those same thoughts to JESUS CHRIST! JESUS CHRIST didn't promise Christians an easy time either in this short life.

Romans 8:22-23 ASV  22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  23  And not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

The Apostle Paul suffered illness in his body, even after praying that GOD would remove it. It wasn't GOD'S Will to remove it, so Paul suffered with it for the remainder of his life. GOD'S WORD tells us bluntly that the time would come when the "MIRACLE SIGNS" would end, and that time came a long time ago.

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 ASV  8  Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.  9  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;  10  but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.  11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.  12  For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.  13  But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

That which was perfect was the COMPLETED HOLY BIBLE, and these things have ceased except when GOD HIMSELF does as HE Pleases. Men aren't given these powers today, and they haven't been for almost 2,000 years. GOD did give men these powers for a short period of time because it was HIS WILL, and HE explained the reasons for the miracles and SIGNS in HIS WORD. Men who act like GOD has given them these powers today are CON MEN AND FRAUDS WHO STEAL MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES! Now, these things are done like magic acts in the side-show of a circus. They are for the vanity of man and MONEY - NOT FOR GOD!

I would hope this is blunt enough for anyone to understand. Brothers and Sisters, ALL Christians get sick and eventually die, and GOD didn't Promise WORLDLY RICHES to Christians during this short life. Our RICHES ARE IN HEAVEN! If you are lost and reading this, GOD never Promised that Christians would be healthy or rich in this short life. You should also know that only a tiny percentage of very confused Christians believe this. They ALL get sick and die, just like GOD said they would. The HEALTH AND WEALTH isn't delivered because GOD never promised this for this life. SO, their leader tells them that their faith isn't sufficient because the HEALTH AND WEALTH wasn't delivered, or they tell them that their offerings weren't LARGE ENOUGH. I want to finish this with one sentence that can't be confused - about as blunt as I can get:  THE HEALTH AND WEALTH DOCTRINES ARE FALSE AND ARE NOT PART OF THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD! THESE THINGS ARE TAUGHT BY FALSE TEACHERS!

The first post in this thread was from a person who wanted to teach the HEALTH AND WEALTH FALSE DOCTRINE HERE. It's amazing that he's disabled and wanted to teach something that was against all logic in his own body. Regardless, the HEALTH AND WEALTH doctrine IS NOT TAUGHT IN THE BIBLE. The Apostle Paul was hungry and suffered other needs during his ministry - including illness in his body. This FALSE TEACHING harms the REAL WORK OF THE LORD because the FALSE TEACHING is proven false countless times. As an easy example, does anyone know any 2,000 year-old Christians? NO! Sadly, many people who I consider to be Christians have been deceived by this FALSE TEACHING, and I pray for them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:1-18 ASV  1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not:  2  but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.  3  And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled in them that perish:  4  in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.  5  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.  6  Seeing it is God, that said, Light shall shine out of darkness, who shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves;  8  we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair;  9  pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed;  10  always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body.  11  For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.  12  So then death worketh in us, but life in you.  13  But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak;  14  knowing that he that raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also with Jesus, and shall present us with you.  15  For all things are for your sakes, that the grace, being multiplied through the many, may cause the thanksgiving to abound unto the glory of God.  16  Wherefore we faint not; but though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day.  17  For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory;  18  while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »

christianheretic, do you believe that the Bible is the Word of God?

The Bible is God's Word

It is the book most read and studied, and it is the most controversial book on the earth today. Some say that it is the Word of God, while others question the validity of that claim. There are many reasons for us to believe that it is the Word of God. We would like to present a few of the key reasons here and invite you to read with an open mind and make your own conclusion.

Four Criteria for Identifying the Word of God
God created man and wanted to communicate with man, it is reasonable that He would do so through a book, something unchangeable and understandable to man. Such a book would have to meet a few requirements. It would have to identify God as its source; its standard of morality would have to match God's standard of morality, which would have to exceed the highest moral standards of mankind; it would have to reveal God and His purpose for creating mankind; and it would have to be widely available. Our first reason for believing that the Bible is the Word of God is that it satisfies all the above criteria.

The Bible Has the Highest Moral Tone
The moral tone of the Bible is clearly higher than that of the other two, matching God's love and righteousness. Both the Koran and the Book of Mormon allow polygamy. Only the Bible promotes the idea of one husband to one wife. Not only does the Bible condemn divorce, but it even condemns lusting after another in the heart as adultery. In addition, only the Bible teaches that hating others in the heart is like committing murder (because murder comes out of a heart full of hatred). It teaches not only to not hate one's enemies, but also to love them. Only the Bible portrays the highest standard of love, a love completely free of all self-interest, jealousy, and pride. A society that truly follows the Bible is guaranteed to have love, oneness, peace, and rest.

The Bible Reveals God and His Purpose with Man
The Bible reveals God, who He is, what He intends to do, the origin of man, and God's purpose in creating man. Neither the Koran nor the Book of Mormon indicate a clear purpose for man; in these books the relationship between God and man is merely that of Creator and creature, of Judge and defendant, with the "good" ones being rewarded in the hereafter. The Bible, however, reveals that God created man as a vessel to contain Him as life so that man may express Him in His divine attributes and represent Him to rule over the earth. Thus, it reveals not only God's creation of man but also God's desire to live in man so that man may live in Him, resulting in an absolute oneness of God with man. No other book reveals God and His purpose with man.

The Bible Is the Most Available Book
Finally, the Bible is the book most available to man. All or portions have been translated into approximately two thousand languages. In 1989, 600 million copies were sent out to a world population of 5.5 billion. The Bible has virtually saturated the world. This is because it is the book of God's communication to man. People all over the world now have an opportunity to read it and to know God.

Fulfilled Prophecies Prove the Bible
Our second reason for believing that the Bible is the Word of God is that so far all of its prophecies have been fulfilled. Teachings, reasonings, ethics, and the like are subjective and can be easily written by anybody. However, if any book contains hundreds of predictions of events far in the future whose outcomes were not obviously determinable at the time they were recorded, and if not one of them fails, that book must be the Word of God.

The Bible contains prophecies written from 4000 BC to 700 BC concerning Jesus Christ's person, birth, living, death, resurrection, and second coming in glory. Except for His second coming, all of them were fulfilled 2,000 years ago, (109 prophecies for Jesus to fulfill, he fulfilled all of them.)

All of the Bible's prophecies concerning Israel's past and present have been fulfilled. Such prophecies include the possession of the good land (Palestine), the building of the temple, the falling away, the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem, the captivity in Babylon, the rebuilding of the temple and Jerusalem, the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem again (AD 70), the restoration of the nation (1948), and the return of Jerusalem (1967). Only the prophecies concerning the end of this age remain to be fulfilled.

There are not enough pages here to enumerate all the prophecies in the Bible which have been fulfilled. These fulfilled prophecies should prove to anyone, including you, that the Bible has to be the Word of God, for it is impossible for man to predict the future with such infallibility.

Consistency Proves the Bible
The third reason for believing that the Bible is the genuine Word of God is its consistency. The various books which comprise the Bible were written in a few different languages, by approximately forty writers with different backgrounds, over a period of sixteen hundred years. Yet it has a common theme, an introduction, a development, and a conclusion. Although the Bible was written by so many men, all of them were led by the Spirit of the one God.

The Power of the Bible
The power of the Bible to change people's lives, thoughts, directions, and behavior testifies to the validity of the Bible as the Word of God. The fact that many people have loved the Bible enough to die for it also testifies to its validity. Talking to a Christian who truly believes the Bible is unlike talking to anyone else - that person has actually experienced God.

Continued next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »

You Must Prove It to Yourself

All of the above reasons may be convincing, but there is only one way to prove to yourself that the Bible is the Word of God. That is to do what it says and see if you get the promised results. Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:13 "Lord Jesus, I call on Your name. Save me from the bondage of sins. Save me from my inability to be good and proper. Save me from my daily anxieties, fears, and frustrations. Lord Jesus, save me," you will experience His salvation. Another verse says, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God"
Matthew 5:8 "Lord Jesus, purify my heart that I may see God."

If you pray with an open heart according to the words of the Bible, you will be saved and see God in your spirit through Jesus Christ. Then you will know that the Bible is God's Word to you.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

2 Peter 1:21 For no prophecy was ever borne by the will of man, but men spoke from God while being borne by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 1:1 God, having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 5:32 But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries her who has been divorced commits adultery.

Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman in order to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5:22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to the judgment.

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion... over all the earth.

Ephesians 3:9-11 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us.

John 10:10 I have come that they may have life and may have it abundantly.

John 15:4 Abide in Me and I in you.

Galatians 2:20 It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

John 14:20,23 In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 23 If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him.

Romans 6:11 So also you, reckon yourselves to be dead to sin, but living to God in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

John 6:57 As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me.

Prophecies for Further References:
Isaiah 7:14; 53:3; 9:1-2, 6; Micah 5:2; Daniel 9:25-26; Isaiah 53:12; Psalms 16:10; Malachi 4:5; Genesis 13:14-15, 17; 2 Samuel 7:12-13; 1 Kings 8:19; 9:6-9; Jeremiah 5:15-18; Matthew 24:2, 32; Daniel 9:27; 12:11.

Matthew 16:28 Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in (into) His kingdom.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the