Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  <---!@*Give it some thought*@!--->
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: <---!@*Give it some thought*@!--->  (Read 1561 times)
Tabre

Love is everything.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2004, 01:24:48 AM »

I'm a new member as of today and I've been looking arround and this is really a nice site we have here. A true blessing. I just have one thing to mention that kind of bugs me. -

I realize that on a site such as this, there must be some regulation and guidlines that we must follow. I even support these to a certain extent. There's just one thing that I can't get past or even begin to understand. I don't mean to sound negative or like a whiner by any means but, why is it that we are shutting out the people we intend to help? I was reading through the posting guidlines before I made this post and I saw that no athiest or anyone with any other beleifs can post or defend what they beleive. Okay, well I can see how that might be good in some respects, however, I find it offensive to not be able to speak freely and I'm sure many agree with me. As long as I'm not offending anyone else and I'm not restricting anyone's rights, why should I not be able to say what I feel? What my point is is that if I were a non christian and I came to this site and I read the posting guidelines, it would be just another thing that would turn me off to christianity. I would think to myself that these christians are like a clan and they don't let anyone from the outside have a voice. (Before I was a christian I experienced this type of treatment from so-called christians). Jesus went out to be with sinners and nonbeleivers. Not only on this site but in many other ways as well I feel like we don't seek these people out but not only that we keep them distant from us. I feel like this site should have a place for those who are curious about our faith. If they can't express or defend what they already beleive, how will they ever be proven wrong, set free, by the truth? That's how I was saved. I was proven wrong and I had nowhere to turn but to the Lord. In short, in order to minister, we must be good listeners and I don't think anyone can argue with that. Thanks for reading that and I feel better now that I have that off my chest. I hope that nobody hates me now for saying all this :-) , and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you out there.

Tabre
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 01:40:31 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Tabre,

First, I sincerely hope you enjoy Christians Unite.

Second, I'm just a volunteer moderator. I don't pay the bills or make Christians Unite available for fellowship. ADMIN pays the bills and makes the rules. I might add that the rules are not subject to debate.

The ultimate goal of Christians Unite is to be a place of Christian Family Fellowship, safe for the entire family, including children and young adults. That's only one of the reasons why the devil isn't given equal time here. The devil isn't given equal time at Church either, and souls are still being saved.

You can find the devil all over the Internet, but he isn't invited here.

In Christ,
Tom

Tabre

Love is everything.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 01:43:17 AM »

Haha I knew I'd get something like that. Oh well...Lots of people don't agree with me on a lot of things. Thanks for the warm invite though. I'm looking forward to this.
Tabre

Love is everything.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 02:42:27 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Tabre,

First, I sincerely hope you enjoy Christians Unite.

Second, I'm just a volunteer moderator. I don't pay the bills or make Christians Unite available for fellowship. ADMIN pays the bills and makes the rules. I might add that the rules are not subject to debate.

The ultimate goal of Christians Unite is to be a place of Christian Family Fellowship, safe for the entire family, including children and young adults. That's only one of the reasons why the devil isn't given equal time here. The devil isn't given equal time at Church either, and souls are still being saved.

You can find the devil all over the Internet, but he isn't invited here.

In Christ,
Tom

Hey Tom man I really hope you don't think that I am looking for the devil. And I really hope you don't think I was trying to debate with you or the rules. I'm not looking to change or break the rules. I just wanted to point out something that I'm not entirely sure about. Just presenting a fresh idea. I just want you to know that I don't consider non-christians to be the devil. That's okay with me if you think they are though. I even understand why you might think so too. And you're so right about the devil not having an equal share in church. I certainly hope you don't think I condone the devil in the church or on this site. And Tom I agree with you 100% that people are still being saved. I just wonder how many more would be saved if it weren't for that "Non Christians not Welcome" sign outside the christian world. I wonder if it would be worth taking down that sign if just one less person would end up in hell as the result. I think it would be worth it. By the way I am that person. Let's not invite the devil into our community. Let's invite those that desperately need the Lord and Savior who've been stricken down by the devil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the