Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  E-Sword Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-Sword Help  (Read 4196 times)
kestrel0222

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 05:26:02 PM »

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed E-Sword to my computer, including the updates and have a question. When I go to any gospel, example: Joshua 5:1, I see the following:
And it came to pass,  H1961 When all H3605........ How can I display the text without the "references" H1961, H3605..... These are distracting while reading.

Thank you,

Tom
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »

Hello Tom,

You apparently have downloaded the the KJV (With Strong's) Bible module. The Strong's references are placed on this module on purpose and are not supposed to be removed. If you go to the e-Sword Bible download page you will see two other versions there. One that is the red letter edition and then one above that which simply says King James version. You will need to download one of these modules to get the verses without the Strong's numbers.

I have all three modules installed on my e-Sword for easier reference.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
kestrel0222

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

Thank you very much Pastor Roger!!! That did it, I downloaded the KJV and everything is great!!  Grin

May God bless you,

Tom
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:33:39 PM »

You're most welcome.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

Just an FYI....there is an online one called "Bible Gateway".  I find it alot easier to use...for me.  Check it out.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:08:26 PM »

Bible Gateway is a pretty good one if all you need is a simple search function of the basic scriptures. I find the e-Sword to be much more, a really good all around study Library.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »

Bible Gateway is a pretty good one if all you need is a simple search function of the basic scriptures. I find the e-Sword to be much more, a really good all around study Library.

Hello Pastor Roger and All,

Bible Gateway is excellent for all kinds of quick references. I think there may still be a tool-bar from Bible Gateway that makes this even faster and easier. You select which translation of the Bible you want to use and type your search directly into your browser.

I've grown used to the power of e-Sword and can use it almost as fast as anything in existence. I nearly always have it running in the background and have immediate access to a one-click Bible Study library that's huge. e-Sword users can see multiple dictionaries, multiple commentaries, ancient language helps, topic files, and personal notes all on one computer screen. If all I want is to read or find a specific Scripture, that can be done in nearly the identical time of a quick search on other Bible programs, but I have the other information there and ready if I need it. I must add that there have been reported problems using the newer versions of e-Sword with various operating systems, including Windows Vista and Linux. My favorite e-Sword version is 7.70, and it works without any problems at all on Windows Vista and Linux. I'm currently using Windows Vista, and that's the first thing I checked. e-Sword 7.70 works perfectly on most operating systems, so I have no plan of trying to use the newer versions. e-Sword works with a database, and I think that the newer versions have database conflicts with the database functions of the operating systems. This would at least be one opinion - mine, and I've been using e-Sword for many years.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 73:26  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

workinprogress

B=basic I=instructions B=before L=leaving E=earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »

Greetings fellow Christians:

I also find "E-Sword" a great resource, not only the various versions, but it also has many references available for helping me study God's Word.
   I have Win/XP and the latest "E-Sword"  version 7.9.8 without any hang-ups.

In Christian love
Dave H.

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
Showing everyone Christ using [my] real experiences
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the