Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:27:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  for youth activity..i need suggestions...thanks so much in advance!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: for youth activity..i need suggestions...thanks so much in advance!  (Read 750 times)
christmas

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:11:51 AM »

hi! Our church is quite new and we are starting to form a fellowship for the youth. We would like to encourage the youth to choose to follow Jesus Christ. We are going to hold a fellowship for our church youth this sunday..as youth officer my assignment is to prepare an activity that will highlight and encourage our youth to choose to serve Jesus Christ.. If you could help me..i need suggestions. Approximate number of youth that will attend is 30. we have not much budget since we are just starting so i hope the cost in preparing such activity isnt too high. Thank you very much!! Cheesy   
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »

Hello Christmas,

I see that you're new and I don't think that I've had an opportunity to welcome you, so WELCOME!

I'm sorry to be so late in welcoming you, but I've been out of pocket some lately and got behind when my computer fried.

I wish that I had a bunch of good suggestions for your youth activities, but this is something I would have to think about. Much does depend on your budget and what you want to accomplish.

I have seen an innovative approach at a church close to where I live. They know that teens want to congregate and have fun. They opened something that looks like a soda fountain, and they have a small variety of things that teens typically like to eat. If I understand right, the teens run it themselves, and the prices are very reasonable. They use the proceeds for other youth activities. It's in a very large room that looks like it could also be a gymnasium. I didn't find out if they have regularly scheduled sports activities, but the various kinds of equipment I saw indicates that they do. I also saw a large screen on one wall and was told they showed good and clean movies that would be appropriate for Christians. I think that some of the movies are rented from the proceeds of their soda fountain. I also saw a stage with some musical instruments set up, so I know they play some of their own music for the youth gatherings. There were lots of round tables set up that looked like they would be comfortable for visiting, eating, watching movies, listening to music, and just about anything else they wanted to plan. Some of the equipment probably belongs to individuals, but I'm sure that someone had a start-up budget of some sort.

One of the thoughts involved the reality that teens are active and want to go places, so why not have the church as one popular and safe place to go. The tables and seating indicates they have a youth group of over 50 that probably uses the facility several times a week. I hope this helps you with some ideas. By the way, the church is very large and also has a separate gymnasium. The teens help run it and finance it with money they would be spending anyway, but I'm sure there is still a budget. I have no idea how much the budget is, but I might be able to find out if you want to know.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 9:9-10 NASB  The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble;  And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the