Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How I wish Jesus would come soon.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How I wish Jesus would come soon.  (Read 3863 times)
Marc

No Saint, just a sinner saved by Grace.

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2003, 05:01:23 PM »

I suppose I am somewhat selfish, but I wish Jesus wopuld sound the Last Trump (see 1st Thessalonians 4:15--17) and take us home NOW.

I am the last of my immediate family, and it gets REAL lonely; the church is structured for marrieds (preferably with children) and when you're a single guy at my age you get Those Looks ('What's wrong with him? Is he some kind of pervert? Why hasn't he gotten married already?") I can't help it that A: Nobody I ever wanted wanted me back, or that B: I never got well-enough off financially to attract a nice woman.

(It's a fact of life folks; people judge you at least in part by how much money you make/have/have accumulated and I just haven't accumulated a lot.)

By now I'm just too old, too ugly, and too broke to think of finding some nice lady and getting married. It gets REAL lonely, especially when holidays are coming up. So, I keep hoping that today will be that day. How I hope Jesus comes REAL soon.
John the Baptist
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 12:34:32 AM »

Hi, John here:
It will be a wonderful tearing time to wrap our arms around our Master & weep tears of love, of relief & joy! And [then] to find the rest! Mom & Dad +! I long to talk to & to thank my guardian angel also, Wow! what a job he had assigned to him in my earlier years, answering my parents prayers & most likely wondering if is was not just a big waste of his time?

Hang in there, your Master LOVES YOU!

---John
I suppose I am somewhat selfish, but I wish Jesus wopuld sound the Last Trump (see 1st Thessalonians 4:15--17) and take us home NOW.

I am the last of my immediate family, and it gets REAL lonely; the church is structured for marrieds (preferably with children) and when you're a single guy at my age you get Those Looks ('What's wrong with him? Is he some kind of pervert? Why hasn't he gotten married already?") I can't help it that A: Nobody I ever wanted wanted me back, or that B: I never got well-enough off financially to attract a nice woman.

(It's a fact of life folks; people judge you at least in part by how much money you make/have/have accumulated and I just haven't accumulated a lot.)

By now I'm just too old, too ugly, and too broke to think of finding some nice lady and getting married. It gets REAL lonely, especially when holidays are coming up. So, I keep hoping that today will be that day. How I hope Jesus comes REAL soon.

ollie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 07:12:20 PM »

Watch and pray.

I am the last of my immediate family, and it gets REAL lonely; the church is structured for marrieds (preferably with children) and when you're a single guy at my age you get Those Looks ('What's wrong with him? Is he some kind of pervert? Why hasn't he gotten married already?")
Seems as if this church is not of God and His ways, through Jesus Christ. Search out for one that follows the scriptural pattern for Christ's church and lives according to the will of God.

I can't help it that A: Nobody I ever wanted wanted me back, or that B: I never got well-enough off financially to attract a nice woman.
Paul tells us it is better to remain unmarried and fully committed to the Lord, but if one cannot contain himself it is better to be married than burn.

The world judges in this manner, but not true people of God.
Find a group of people who are trying to live as God would have them.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. God cares about a pure heart, not an ugly,(by man's standards), face or age.
Find those scripturally Godly people and assemble with them.
I am sure there will be some widows or singles among them that are caring more about a Christ like heart instead of face, money, age, etc..

Evee

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 10:06:46 PM »

Hi there you sound very depressed.
 May not be true but it seems that way to me.
 You are never to ugly or to old to have someone want you. Just remember there is someone that cares for you.
 I sometimes wish for Jesus return also.
 God bless

I didn't judge you
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 03:02:02 AM »

I hate to see you (or anyone else for that matter) like this, Bro. I know this isn’t biblical, but this is a saying I have quoted that helped people who feel the way you do. It is the 11th chapter of the Tao Te Ching (as translated by Gia-Fu Feng and Jane English):

Thirty spokes share a wheels hub;
It is the center hole that makes is useful.
Shape clay into a Vessel;
It is the space within that makes is useful.
Cut doors and windows for a room;
It is the holes which make is useful.
Therefore profit comes from what is there:
Usefulness comes from what is not there.

Ponder this when you feel alone. Perhaps Jesus will speak to your through the silence of the Tao, as he has me.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 07:46:30 PM »

Marc, can't you be of service in some way.  Ultimately, that's what we'll be doing even after He does come.  

Shouldn't we be focussing on where we can be of some help, or service...?

And that will come from our time in the Word, and in prayer?

Who wants to be around someone that's all focussed only on himself.  (Some people would LOVE to be away from their family situations....hehe).

Jesse

prayer warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 02:10:12 PM »

I wish the LORD Jesus would come soon too! You're not alone on that piece! Smiley

Become an Insight For Living prayer warrior. Log onto http://www.insight.org for more information on how you can help their ministry. This is the ministry of Reverend Dr. Chuck Swindoll.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 08:08:55 PM »

Marc, I can sympathize with you. I'm familiar with the joy of spending holidays and birthdays alone, but for other reasons. My family spread all over the map, and my spouse had to work pretty much every holiday. It really stinks. I would talk to people in your church; make some friends there that can invite you over on the holidays, or that you can invite. Maybe have some singles' parties and have it announced in your church bulletin. Or, just have a party for everyone at your church--make it potluck. Advertize it in the church newsletter a month ot two in advance and put it in the bulletin before everyone has madde their plans. There must be others in your church with the same difficulties; they'll be there. Another thing you can do is get heavily involved in a couple of charities. There you can meet a woman who is likeminded about serving the Lord, and I promise you, you won't find anyone there who's out to marry you for money. This situation is no cup of tea--no one can truly sympathize who hasn't been there. There have to be others in your church. Blessings and comfort to you.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 08:41:03 PM »

Hey, that sounds good to me, Whitehorse.   Thank you.

What dya say, Marc.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 05:10:44 AM »

We are One Heartbeat away from Eternity

RU Ready?

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2003, 08:30:20 AM »

RU Ready?

Brother Love Smiley

I am still Looking Up Brother  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2003, 04:15:08 AM »

RU Ready?

Brother Love Smiley

I am still Looking Up Brother  Grin

How true, only on heartbeat away

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Stephen

Jesus Is My Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2003, 02:50:38 PM »

Roll Eyes Prayer would help you in this situation. Have you ever heard that Bible verse; "With God ALL things are possible?" He can take your situation and turn it right around and bless you with a wife, a job, and more joy. Maybe you could consider finding another Church that shows and practices true Biblical Christian Love. I once was in your place, now I'm married with two kids. The Lord has blessed us with a good paying job. So don't give up hope, and don't give up on God! Remember, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened.   Smiley

God Is Love
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the