Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WORLD WITHOUT END
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WORLD WITHOUT END  (Read 862 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:52:58 AM »

I wrote this some time ago but added new understanding of what I read and wrote before.  The world is changing so fast any more that I can relate to the scriptures better. 

Bear with me as I write this. It is very deep and I only want to write what the Word of God says. The Holy Spirit will have to interpret it for me with the truth only.

I heard a preacher say that the world would not end. Yet I read in Matthew 24:3 (KJV) “Tell is when these things shall be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world.
The word “world” was questioned. Try “age”. Revised Standard Bible says “close of the age.”

The world will not end; Ephesians 3:21(KJV) says “Unto him be the glory in the Church by Jesus Christ throughout ALL ages, world without end. Matthew says “end of the world or close of the age”. Is the world going to end or is it not?

I looked up “world” in the Strong’s Concordance. What is the world? It means many things---an age, mankind, planet earth, worlds in space---any place inhabited in a period of history. Greek word 2889, kosmos, means orderly arrangement. What is more orderly than the world God created for us, from the smallest bug to the brightest star. They each have their part to play and God tells them when.

Earth means this world as distinguished from heaven and earth or the ground. God gave it to man to enjoy and care for. It was planned to be a world without end. Because of man’s disobedience, the perfect world was turned over to Satan. II Corinthians 4:4 “In whom the god of this world (evil earth as in the living Bible) has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” I basically write from the KJV. It says “world; the NIV says” age”. Both are right!

The world we know has not been the only world or age. We had the stone age, the age of steel and now the age of technology, etc. II Peter 2:5-7 & 9 “And spared not the old world, but spared Noah the eight person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; and turning Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly, and delivered Lot, vexed with the filthy language of the wicked.” “So also the Lord can rescue us from the temptations that surround us.”---the Living Bible.

Technology brought in more filth and evil. You can’t turn on television without getting your eyes and ears blasted with perverted shows and even commercials. Computers are bombarded with the same. Nations all over the world are adopting the same spirit as those two destroyed cities. It is all around us with gays and lesbians openly demanding their rights. They say that they have come out of the closet and are proud of it. They are even taking over some churches with same sex marriages and being permitted to become ordained ministers and have positions in the work of the church.

I am not personally knocking the people themselves. They are caught up in the same trap as anyone who gets caught in any illegal sex act. They need to be prayed for. God can get them out of the prison and turn them around. God made marriage for one man and one woman to “Be fruitful, and multiply and replenish the earth.” Genesis 1:28 anything other than that is out to undermine God’s direct plan for our lives.

Read Matthew 11:20-24 Jesus condemns certain cities, Chorazin, Bethsaida, Tyre, Sidon &
Capernaum. Talking to the last name, Jesus said in 23b “for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. God’s mercy is open to all who repent and don’t return to their wickedness.

My nation, U.S.A. has been mightily blessed. It was considered a godly nation. People knew right from wrong and tried to live it. No, we weren’t perfect. No one is. There were always evil people. Slowly but surely, the godly props were pulled out from under us. Prayer in school was done away with. It is not allowed in many public places. That accomplished, the Ten Commandments need to be removed. They might offend someone. It doesn’t matter if Christians are offended. Christian symbols aren’t allowed outside or any public place for Christmas or Easter or any signs of Christianity. How long will God put up with this in our country or any country following the same path? As God was excluded, evil increased.

God got rid of all the evil in the world before the flood. After the flood, evil reigned once more but Jesus came at the end of that age to wash away all sin of those who wanted to be cleansed by belief in him. We will now wait for the new world (or age) where Jesus will reign in his full glory for all eternity. Worlds and ages come and go but the final one is the world that will never end.

There are two facts we must know as stated in I John 2:17 “And the world (age) passes away, and the lust thereof: but He that does the will of God abides forever.” Hebrews 1:10-12 “And you Lord, in the beginning, has laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They shall perish; but you remain. And they shall all wax old as does a garment: and as a vesture (covering) shall you fold them up, and they shall be changed: but you are the same, and the years shall not fail.” I like old clothes. They are so comfortable. After so much wear and tear I finally have to get rid of them. I get new ones. That is what God says He will do with the present earth and heavens. He will discard them and replace them with brand new ones! Revelation 21:1 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”

Isaiah 24:1 “Behold, the Lord makes the earth empty, and makes it waste, and turns it upside down and scatters abroad the inhabitants thereof. Verse 3 “The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord has spoken this word.” Verse 5 “The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof. because they have transgressed the laws; changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Verse 6 “Therefore has the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein shall be desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.”

Verse 24:8b: “And it shall come to pass…The windows from on high are opened, and the foundations of the earth do shake.” Does it seem strange we are having so many earthquakes in different places (mark 13:Cool? We even had a couple slight ones in Pennsylvania. That was unusual. Now we are experiencing drastic floods and mudslides; one which caused a bridge to go. One area not far from where I live was badly flooded. People are still without homes for lack of funds to repair. I don’t know what other damage. We see or hear of more hurricanes and tornados than before; volcano eruptions and tsunamis.

Verses 19 & 20: “The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall and not rise again.”

Revelation 11:15 “And the seventh angel sounded and there were great voices in heaven saying, The Kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.” Revelation 21:1 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away, and there were no more sea.”

Revelation 22:210 “He which testifies these things says: Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus.” Are you ready for this world without end? If not, do what you have to do to be privileged to live in this new world. Believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior and walk in his footsteps. The New Testament holds all you need to know. You don’t want to spend eternity with Satan and his demons. Time is running out. Read and study diligently before it’s too late.

God bless you.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the sun."

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
sparky88uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »

You are right the world is changing very fast and though we are in it I am glad I am not of it anymore, and the preacher you are talking about is wrong. I don't say so God's word does, I don't get tied up trying to find all the verses but to use one that inspires us to proclaim both the Gospel (especially to those we love), which is our great commission and the end time in one I would direct you to Luke 17 verse 34.

34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left.

New International Version

"From Genesis to Revelation, I believe it all".
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the