Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  who is leading the election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: who is leading the election?  (Read 1355 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:57:57 PM »

Where can I stay up to date on who is winning?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »

Fox News just announced that they are going to do an update with totals and a map as the vote results start coming in. Polls close on the east coast starting at 7PM (4 minutes ago). Vote totals should start coming in within the next hour.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »

thank you. I don't watch TV so I have to use internet

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »

There are a number of places online that also report election results as they happen. Some of these are already reporting early totals.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10081981-38.html

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »

Scroll down a little bit on the link that I gave above and you will see a map. If you move your cursor over the map it will flash a window up with the totals recorded so far for that state.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »

alright thank you

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »

obama is winning

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »

Keep in mind that the electoral votes they are showing are the ones that the individual news network is awarding to each candidate and that it is not yet officially given to them. The popular vote numbers are the only ones that are actual so far and even those have a long ways to go before they are completely tallied up. According to the popular vote they are running pretty close to each other with approximately a 50/50 split.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »

thank you for the information

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »

obama is winning

Brother David,

That's what it looks like right now. Unless some unusual things happen, it appears that Obama will win. Some of the results we are getting now are projections that are not the final results. There is also the possibility of some legal challenges that would be quite reasonable if things are close in the end results. As an example, ballots weren't delivered to the Armed Services overseas on time. Things like this would come into play if things are close. If things aren't close enough for the challenges to make a difference, the challenges would be dismissed - right or wrong. In terms of not allowing the Armed Services to vote, this is definitely WRONG! They should have more of a right to vote than anyone else. Regardless, I firmly believe that GOD'S WILL - WILL BE DONE! We can read in the Holy Bible about what is definitely going to happen IN THE ENTIRE WORLD SOON. At GOD'S TIME, the leaders of the entire world will do exactly what GOD knew they would do before the foundation of the world. Things will fall into GOD'S Purpose for the devil to be loosed on humanity. In ABSOLUTE REALITY, the leaders of the entire world won't be able to change a single promise of GOD. It's confusing for many to consider that GOD knew all things BEFORE HIS CREATION, including the time that a sparrow would fall from the sky. GOD'S FOREKNOWLEDGE is PERFECT!

Brother, this is why ALL of the WAYS and POWER of GOD are beyond mankind finding out. GOD has told us what HE wants us to know about HIM in HIS WORD, and HE will teach us what HE wants to when we get HOME. Evil increasing rapidly and running rampant throughout the world soon should not surprise us because GOD has already told us about this in the Holy Bible. Many of these things could cause depression and anxiety for Christians - BUT WHY? The PROMISES of GOD are going to be fulfilled, and these things simply mean that Christians are getting closer to going to our REAL HOME and finding out much more about our REAL CITIZENSHIP. As Christians, we should be keeping our eyes and hearts on JESUS! GOD will be with us for however much longer we remain in this short life.

In conclusion, our remaining time here might be hard, but these hard times will be like the blink of an eye compared to ETERNITY IN HEAVEN WITH JESUS! We can pray and do our part as Christians, and GOD will handle the rest. I firmly believe that the time is getting short.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 10:36:41 PM »

I look at it this way, God in in control of this election. What ever His will is, is what will happen. Though there are several things I expect to happen, while he is POTUS.

Who I feel for is those in the service of the United States, and Israel.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 10:53:15 PM »

But don't pay to much attention to what's being reported right now. These results are all based on exit polls, which are known to be inaccurate. In 2004, the exit polls had Kerry announced (if I remember correctly) as the winner.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 03:55:05 AM »

shows how much I know about politics

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »

Obama did win with a landslide of electoral votes. 349 to 161. The results also shows how little others know about anything that is going on. As in the days of Saul and David, the people are going to get exactly what they have asked for. Unfortunately they don't realize precisely what they have asked for.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »

Obama did win with a landslide of electoral votes. 349 to 161. The results also shows how little others know about anything that is going on. As in the days of Saul and David, the people are going to get exactly what they have asked for. Unfortunately they don't realize precisely what they have asked for.

Brother, you're right. Unfortunately, there is much worse yet to come. At this point, I really don't think that we're looking at just an election. Things are going downhill pretty quickly for the entire world right now. JESUS CHRIST may come soon. Christians need to:

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 33:12  Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the