Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:45:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Help me settle this once and for all
« previous next »
Poll
Question: how much should I play it
all - 0 (0%)
most - 0 (0%)
some - 1 (100%)
none - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help me settle this once and for all  (Read 1045 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »

I go on various pet sites that always have the following:

Items that have witches, ghosts, vampires and more
Halloween games are played
Discussion of religion isn't allowed

How much should Christians play on these sites?

All of it. Collect and display them even. They are just pictures and for fun. Noone takes them seriously.

Most of it. Just sell or give them away.

Some of it. Delete items and don't play games.

None of it.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Danny C

The Only Way To Grow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »

Hi David, I can't really give an answer as I don't even know these sites so I haven't been on them. But what I would say is listen to your heart and conscience. If you feel it's wrong then quite possibly it is because having the Holy Spirit in your life He will guide you.

Blessings to youmy friend

Let Go and Let God.
Jesus said "It is finished"
PAID IN FULL!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »

These kind of sites are those that desensitize kids and open the door for them to go even further into the world of such. Although there are not as many there are other sites with games that are more oriented toward Christians. Personally I would search some of them out if I were interested in playing games. If I remember right we even had one person that came here talking about a Christian gaming site that had games to play and much more.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »

I want a petsite though but there is no Christian petsite

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 03:43:54 PM »

I need more people's thoughts please.

It is more than just playing games

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »

Brother, to be quite blunt, no matter how many opinions you may get it all boils down to you and God. What is right and what is wrong. You already know the answer, brother, you just have to pay attention to it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
joshua_nicholas

Love others

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »

Hey Bro

I agree with Pastor Roger.

Some food for thought though:  Aunt Brenda took her kids trick-or-treating.  The dressed up silly and went out to get candy.  They didn't go houses that were really scary.  She told them Halloween can be fun but not to take it too serious.

Cheesy

The irreligious message of grace subverts any religious system.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »

You're right, I do need to pay. I keep trying to satisfy the desire of the flesh by using flawed logic.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »

My friend sissy said this:

I am not going to stand in the way of your spiritual development.  If you feel they promote evil and you don't find good in them and you can't be a beacon of light without turning people the other way .. towards the evil .. by your behavior .. then do what is in your best spiritual interest.   God be with you whatever you decide.

She always says stuff like that and makes me more conflicted. I want to bring people to God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »

Such statements are made frequently by those that want to drag us into their world. We see this in the argument over homosexuality, evolution and false religions. They are basically saying, "You are turning others away from God by telling the truth." We are not turning people towards evil by telling them the truth. They are already turned towards that evil. Telling them the truth is an attempt to get them to turn away from that evil. Often it is such statements from people that enjoy that evil also and want to give reason for them doing so.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »

I just posted these on another topic here that is actually quite similar to this one and definitely do pertain to this.

Eph 5:6  Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7  Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Rom 16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
Rom 16:19  For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
Rom 16:20  And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »

Yea, good words and fair speech describes sissy pretty much. I see now that she is dangerous. I have made my decision and won't go back

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the